Home

Input for 2k16 - Broader view on Rewards & improving the game

This is a discussion on Input for 2k16 - Broader view on Rewards & improving the game within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
Rookie

Hardyz's Arena

OVR: 0
Input for 2k16 - Broader view on Rewards & improving the game

My initial Post is at the Bottom: Post#157368 And added discussions that sparked the topic are before along with After - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ion-19671.html

Below is my personal opinion on how part of the game could be run so that it feels slightly more Rewarding. There is a variety of other forums members who also contributed on their own views on the Auction House Topic + Catalog Rewards which i believe starts half an hour to an hour before i posted my initial opinion on the Linked Page above.

Enjoy & share you thoughts i guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyz
Thanks and to add to the post, the '96 bulls/'01 lakers type of lineup would, in my mind, be apart of a top Tier Longterm Catalog reward of sorts.

Along the way, when you "send cards to catalogs" these cards can never be pulled, they can never be used for QC/Seasons/Etc. Thus removing them from the game, but to be used for better rewards.

For certain "better tier" cards the catalog structure would have x Amount of players either from that team OR the Rttc/RC Ladder (ex. Common up to the highest tier) or both, be apart of the catalog. If it's both obviously that would mean rewards would mean more which will be explained later at some point.

However these cards would be useless eventually & need to also mean something later not just training fodder. The cards gained overtime from the catalogs would be used towards better rewards in say the next tier OR for other cards within the same tier but slightly better.

My thoughts & examples on how this would work/be implemented.
Collection:reward (• = Tier from Epic, Star, Legend, PO)
• Basic Team Reward:
Collect 'all available '15-'16 Knicks players: Epic Galloway (x29 for other teams) + 1 draft pick per player used to create the reward. Repeatable up to 5x.
Rewards tradeable when Player(s) Complete 2x Collections.

••Divisional rewards:
Send 5 Players from 1 Division (max 1x per Team**): 10-20$ in Credits(would reduce when next tier is introduced if 20$) + Star (Player picks ONE of the Following) Central - Cavs/love Chi/Butler, Mil/Antetokounmpo, Pacers/ G. hill, Detroit/ Drummond. Repeatable up to 10 & reward credit reduction by 10% up to 50%. Same trade implications as Basic team.

•••Conference Rewards: (Would be introduced after ASG or when Legend/Next game tier is introduced)
Send 1x Star from the east or west (Or 1 from each team In the league**): rewards: 30-50$ in credits (same reduction rules as above) + 1 player from the catalog OR 1 from each conference if using a league collection. Reward players would be a choice of Franchise Player(s) OR Player(s) that are attending the All Star weekend.

•? Bonus: Fodder
Have a system in place so that the game can auto send Common/uncommon cards to this Pool to create an X level of Fodder. x = the level this would be in Increments of 5, up to the Highest tier/Level available. Trading and Repeatability = Unlimited, First time Completions for each level (5,10,15, etc) rewards Bonus Picks equivalent to the about of levels gained from that fodder.
Also includes a Blocklist of teams or individual players that wouldn't be trained away (For above reward purposes for new players or players trying to finish Basic).

••? Limited Edition Positional & Support!
once or twice per week at any random start time. Could easily be back to back events or long 5-8 week droughts in between.
Yes... This would be one of the types of 24-96 (likely 48-72) Hour events that would randomly start, no announcements so people don't Horde before Hand.

Positional LE:
collect 50-100+ (50 early on, 100+ @ Playoff/Highest Tier) RANDOM Players from Gamedad picked position: Reward Godly card from Highest tier + Credits depending on total available time (5-10$ worth?) one time per event. Can be done Twice, Card not tradeable until new tier or highest game tier achieved.
Part 2: when a new tier is introduced + players would be allowed to trade 3x of any positional player + 50% of the credits needed to gain a player in the new tier, only in the first of each position would this be an option however.
Same Repeatability & at the event of PO being introduced, card will be tradeable 2 weeks after the last position has an event.
Also what could happen is when playoff is introduced the first event could be a 96 hour event with all positions Live OR 2 + 2 + 1 (ex guards LE followed by forwards or Center)
Newer players would have options to attempt lower tier rewards using old requirements

Support LE:
Example: Collect sets of 3x of each Common, 2x Uncommon, 5x ANY rare Support (dupes allowed), 3 x any super rare support, 2x Any Ultra, 1x Epic: Reward 1 •• team Support with+5 to 15% value. Not tradeable, Can be completed twice Per event. Same Trade rules as Positional.
Collection Part 2: collect 2x the amount of the above Support cards + surrender your rewarded support from part 1: Reward •• Hot Streak with +20-30% boost compared to the original.
Not tradeable but is upgradable when new tier is introduced. 2x LE Hotstreaks could be "pro'd" to make the next tier.
Newer players would also be able to attempt to gain older LE team supports but not Hotstreaks

Reward cards themselves would also (in my eyes) would be the bridge between tiers. The "tier" between Regular legend and RC legend. Basically meaning these rewards would be the Finals RTTC equivalent to PO and POTG.

Repeatable rewards
Pretty important because this part of the game would help new players joining the game at any point during this games lifecycle either it be players from NBA 2k16 or people joining in for the holidays, during/after all star weekend or for the playoffs

Deck size
With catalog rewards I feel Overall 200 would be sufficient for the entire games lifecycle. 150 would cause a bit of havoc/mayhem early on and during LE events. 250 or higher would seem appropriate to some people however people would and likely will abuse this, and Horde cards high would lead to people either "Merchanting, flipping or intentionally crashing the prices of cards.

Keep in mind I did not add historic Cards this structure is strictly for the '15-'16 season. it would still likely follow a combination of guidelines (Team and Conference/League) and my guess start a few months into the season but around a month before the all star game. Likely starting with a mix of 60s - 80s teams + Recent Playoff years eventually ending with PO tier & all of the well known/Favorite teams and teams involved with next years playoffs.

I'll add more to this later this will also be posted in another topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Transactions:
MWIL, xInfinityRelapses, Apos1914, Exile21, MegaTron716, adzaba21, Nate007, Dave122, Souf sia 4 lia, romar182, ok3k3, BmanOilemad, Rokky, joesseoj
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
MVP

A.K.A Thomas's Arena

Re: Input for 2k16 - Broader view on Rewards & improving the game

First

Dont do Chalkboards
Old 07-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
Rookie

BealIsDaRealDeal's Arena

Re: Input for 2k16 - Broader view on Rewards & improving the game

I think something that is usually common in mobile games is giving the players rewards for playing. For example, during a holiday or anniversary, the game will give out rewards, but this game doesn't do that. I hope you guys give out some credits, even if it's not a whole lot, that way some players have more incentives to keep playing the game, even through the holidays.

Another thing I wanted to add is that when you bump up a tier and get your first freebie of that tier, I think giving a card of that tier from your favorite team would be nice. Though I'm not sure that would completely work, since a lot of teams don't have certain tiered cards, but I sometimes wish there were more Wizards cards.(Give Beal at least a legendary Plz!!!)

And the biggest thing from the current 2k is that the laddered rewards are pretty bad. I feel like it's impossible to get the top rewards and when I get to 20000 games just to get a rare enhancement, it probably won't feel good. We need incentives to play quick games, instead of just waiting for RC or RTTC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »