Home

Rival clash players loyalty rewards

This is a discussion on Rival clash players loyalty rewards within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #17
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rival clash players loyalty rewards

Sorry I doubt it's going to happen, and there would be more behind it than just being a technical limitation. If they decided to give rc cards the same value as greats, then just like that they will be giving away soo many extra points to the players. Many of the same people consistently finish top 100, so that's 22 extra points for every po rc event they finished top 100 in.

With the way CD has handled things lately, it doesn't sound at all like anything they would be interested in doing. There's no benefit to them in doing so.

Plus it has always been suspected that there's a lot of cheating going on in the top 100 so it would be easy to reward those players. Same reason they didn't want to assign rewards by number of games played since those are easy to bot too.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:59 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowndevil
I don't understand what's hard on that. Just simply let the system sees Rival's Clash or the amount the base point it adds up exceed the value of the normal PO card.

wouldn't just adding a few lines of coding do the trick?
This will affect the RTTC Finals cards too, so they need to consider that too.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:41 AM   #19
Rookie

Daniel83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
Correct. It's a technical limitation on our end ATM, but we've got some investigation going on to see if we can do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel83
To me this sounds a bit weird. I could understand why Star HOF and MVP could only be valued at 5k min on the AH (same as regular Star cards) because of technical limitation.
But technically PO Greats cards are also just Playoff cards, so how come this technical limitation does not aply to those cards?
Quote:
Well, it's a question of "can we raise the value of a card." Why it's a technical limitation deals with that. Right now, the game just thinks of PO cards as PO cards. It sees The Greats, on the other hand, as a greater value.

To raise RC PO cards, we'll need to investigate (a) if we can, and then (b) tell the system that it is, indeed, the same point value of a Great.

I think the question is, is it in CD's best interest to do this. I think we can all guess what the answer to that question is.

CD was able to put losing side Rival Clash cards (Melo, Harden, LeBron etc) into the Jordan pack and make them auctionable. But instead keeping the Winning Rival Clash Cards (Curry, Pau, Dwight, Blake etc.) non-auctionable. This to me is technically even more challenging, because they are exactly the same cards (even same subset in the same tier).

Its not a question if its possible, because it is (everything is possible! You guys created the game and can change it any way you like). The fact of the matter is, is CD willing to put resources into this. And im guessing not, because it takes time to make these changes and in no way creates extra revenue. The winning/losing side RC cards in combination with the Jordan pack proves that. Those changes to the RC cards also took time, but were rewarding because of the added revenue with the Jordan pack.

I know we are mostly considered a bunch of dumb sheep that blindly follow the herd. But just for once a little honesty/transparency would be greatly appreciated!
Mzong, ML10040311, Cavs4Life, CeltsFan81, AspeHeat, Apos1914, Illmatic1909, Lefxy, Phamtaztik, Palitongo, Rsudac, Ray Bond IV, nmellor, MrKornDog, Rengeektx, joenuts83, vermouth, Lakerking, urnoggin, Dan13Marino, Fabio85, tankendrick
Old 07-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #20
Pro

jasrulz63's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keehut
I thought I read it'd only be Iggy that would be worth 5/15 points.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:32 AM   #21
Pro

moshwithnickko's Arena

Quote:
Well, it's a question of "can we raise the value of a card." Why it's a technical limitation deals with that. Right now, the game just thinks of PO cards as PO cards. It sees The Greats, on the other hand, as a greater value.

To raise RC PO cards, we'll need to investigate (a) if we can, and then (b) tell the system that it is, indeed, the same point value of a Great.

But if I'm not mistaken, a Rc po card is greater than any other normal po card, and statistically speaking po Rc and po the greats are almost equal in comparison. So how are Rc not equal to being 5 points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #22
Pro

moshwithnickko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keehut
No because the rttc finals doesn't vastly exceed a normal po like a rival clash can and its not like you can go get a dupe for a Rc card outside of finishing in the top 100 in Rc which is a big investment of your time and money which is why these Rc cards should be worth at least 5 imo.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_r1ch
Sorry I doubt it's going to happen, and there would be more behind it than just being a technical limitation. If they decided to give rc cards the same value as greats, then just like that they will be giving away soo many extra points to the players. Many of the same people consistently finish top 100, so that's 22 extra points for every po rc event they finished top 100 in.

With the way CD has handled things lately, it doesn't sound at all like anything they would be interested in doing. There's no benefit to them in doing so.

Plus it has always been suspected that there's a lot of cheating going on in the top 100 so it would be easy to reward those players. Same reason they didn't want to assign rewards by number of games played since those are easy to bot too.
well there are always just those top 100 (maybe 150) people have those points, in which if they grind that hard they should already have enough points for stage 5 anyway.

I don't see too much of the problem
Old 07-29-2015, 06:09 AM   #24
MVP

Danab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowndevil
well there are always just those top 100 (maybe 150) people have those points, in which if they grind that hard they should already have enough points for stage 5 anyway.

I don't see too much of the problem
Hmm No people who grind that hard don't necessarily have enough point for Stage 5 reward.

POTG are froml packs only so and therefore not guaranteed dupe. Top 100 in RC ensures a top PRO Card, so even if you spend some credits you know what you get. Many players, focus on it to have strong deck.

The numbers of points for stage 5 is clearly insane. I have 2 RC PO Pro + the 3 others single and quite a lot of POTG and I'm still not stage 4...

Michael who has placed top 100 in every PO RC is still stage 2 (almost stage 3) I believe....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »