Home

Pro-ing untrained "worthless" PO cards for an extra loyalty point?

This is a discussion on Pro-ing untrained "worthless" PO cards for an extra loyalty point? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

eamays's Arena

OVR: 0
Pro-ing untrained "worthless" PO cards for an extra loyalty point?

OK guys, I just got my first dupe from a season reward of an RTTC PO card that I knew wouldn't help my lineup. It was Frank Ramsey and he doesn't help my season lineup and doesn't help my RTTC lineup enough to train them both up (my backup season SG is PO Jimmy Butler) and I have enough PO Pros (17) to comfortably make it to where I usually grind on RTTC.

My apologies if this has already been discussed in the main thread, but are most players considering just pro-ing untrained PO cards that are normally only worth +1 each in the loyalty program, to get the bump of a +3 for the pro version? I know this is blasphemy early on in the game to pro cards that aren't fully trained, but with only 11 weeks before the loyalty rewards program, I'm wondering if anyone else is using this strategy? Or should I just hang on to both for the next several weeks and see what else CD has in mind that could wreck this thought?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

Re: Pro-ing untrained "worthless" PO cards for an extra loyalty point?

If he won't be much help in RTTC then I don't see the problem, It's actually a decent strategy. I also thought about doing it myself. Unless they change something in the future.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

Give the cards to lower tier players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #4
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBGlass
Give the cards to lower tier players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO try your hardest to sell them for credits to buy great packs. It's better in the long run for you and better for community. Unless you want a quick bump into the next loyalty tier.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Daniel83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg777
IMO try your hardest to sell them for credits to buy great packs. It's better in the long run for you and better for community. Unless you want a quick bump into the next loyalty tier.

Im really torn between the 2 options. I would also like to go for the Greats packs. But at 14k with a very slim chance for me to get a pro (only got 4 singles now) its a tough gamble.
Most of the regular PO dont even sell with 4k buyback, which even at that would only leave you with a little over 1k profit.

Im really leaning towards keeping all my single PO at 1point, rather than having to sell 12-13 to open one greats pack and get another single great worth 5points. Hoping to get Lucky and get some dupes through board or rewards. 2.2k for a regular PO pro also aint too bad (tax when trading).

I wont make it past reward level 3 anyway (level 4 is just unreachable to us mere mortals).
Mzong, ML10040311, Cavs4Life, CeltsFan81, AspeHeat, Apos1914, Illmatic1909, Lefxy, Phamtaztik, Palitongo, Rsudac, Ray Bond IV, nmellor, MrKornDog, Rengeektx, joenuts83, vermouth, Lakerking, urnoggin, Dan13Marino, Fabio85, tankendrick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #6
Rookie

iluvnug's Arena

Why not just keep everything and try to sell your most renouned 3 slot PO cards? If you sell 3, open a greats pack. If they don't sell, you still have the points. Do yourself a favor and train and pro everything the right way before you sell them. There is no chance of selling untrained or mistrained pros. You never know what CD has planned. Maybe they'll slash the min bids of pros.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
Rookie

eamays's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel83
Im really torn between the 2 options. I would also like to go for the Greats packs. But at 14k with a very slim chance for me to get a pro (only got 4 singles now) its a tough gamble.
Most of the regular PO dont even sell with 4k buyback, which even at that would only leave you with a little over 1k profit.

Im really leaning towards keeping all my single PO at 1point, rather than having to sell 12-13 to open one greats pack and get another single great worth 5points. Hoping to get Lucky and get some dupes through board or rewards. 2.2k for a regular PO pro also aint too bad (tax when trading).

I wont make it past reward level 3 anyway (level 4 is just unreachable to us mere mortals).
The AH is dead for cards that I try to sell. Looking back at my auction outcomes, I have zero cards sold in my history, which is the last 20 listings. That includes 8 attempts to sell fully trained 3 slot PO cards (Curry, J. Williams 1 hour after RC ended, Lebron, etc). I've never done a BB, so maybe that's something that I will try next. It just seems like there's been too much scamming on the boards, so the BB seems like a hassle.

It's going to be a tough push to get to loyalty level 3 for me, so I'm trying to maximize my points as much as possible and I was wondering what the rest of the community thought. I am also very intrigued at what the actual loyalty rewards will be. I think CD said they would announce sometime in August. I wish I knew if the jump from level 2 to level 3 is worth the push.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #8
Rookie

iluvnug's Arena

They sell for me. I sold 2 PO cards and 1 PnP star in the 1st 2 days of RC. Yes, I've had over 25 attempts timeout this weekend, but I still got to buy 1 great which was a lucky dupe. It is much slower than a couple months ago, but things do sell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »