Home

Card Pack Prices/Structure

This is a discussion on Card Pack Prices/Structure within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #9
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Card Pack Prices/Structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg777
Don't forget the leg packs have only been altered to give a star as the last card. At first you had a chance at getting 2 of the highest tiers. So not only did they raise prices, they changed the structure to be even worse.
This is a completely overlooked point, I hadn't even considered it. Definitely leaving a bad taste.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 PM   #10
Rookie

reterogherta's Arena

What do you mean? Each card in every pack says "__ to ST" for me, so if that is true you could pull 3-4 Stars in 1 pack (if you had god-like luck)

IGN: TheDissGod
MVP: Kobe Bryant Rivals Clash Star
Team: Down Under
Old 01-20-2016, 11:22 PM   #11
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reterogherta
What do you mean? Each card in every pack says "__ to ST" for me, so if that is true you could pull 3-4 Stars in 1 pack (if you had god-like luck)
hmm, you are right. I stand corrected? Or they just changed it. I swear it only showed the last card as L-ST.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #12
Rookie

ThisGoddzIlla's Arena

It would also be cool if they had a pack that guaranteed a wild card, but we know that won't happen.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #13
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinSeason
If you're increasing the price by 5/6ths the previous tier you better be doubling the odds for a top tier card as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand you may disagree with the pricing, but let's get the facts correct on the prices. With the Star tier release we did not increase the price of *any* of the packs. We upgraded all of them to drop higher tier cards, and the ones that used to drop Legendary cards now drop Star cards. We did add two new packs for 5000 Credits for the Hall of Fame and All-Star cards which have a higher chance of dropping Star cards than the other packs, but all of the packs that existed before did not get an increase in price.

We purposely did that this year to prevent the price escalations we had to do last year on packs. Last year it had to be done because of the AH and the fact we had only one currency. This year the two currency model allowed us to keep pack prices the same between tiers.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #14
Rookie

reterogherta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
I understand you may disagree with the pricing, but let's get the facts correct on the prices. With the Star tier release we did not increase the price of *any* of the packs. We upgraded all of them to drop higher tier cards, and the ones that used to drop Legendary cards now drop Star cards. We did add two new packs for 5000 Credits for the Hall of Fame and All-Star cards which have a higher chance of dropping Star cards than the other packs, but all of the packs that existed before did not get an increase in price.

We purposely did that this year to prevent the price escalations we had to do last year on packs. Last year it had to be done because of the AH and the fact we had only one currency. This year the two currency model allowed us to keep pack prices the same between tiers.
It would be nice if you would state the odds of pulling each rarity in the pack descriptions, because without reading this post I would assume the odds of pulling a Star Card are the same in a Record Setter pack as in a HOF/All Star pack. The wording is exactly the same in all packs so it's misleading for the odds to be different.

IGN: TheDissGod
MVP: Kobe Bryant Rivals Clash Star
Team: Down Under
Old 01-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #15
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad

People are just getting very upset with your card packs because many of us have bought several and received NOTHING of worth. Why am I spending money on a game and getting absolutely nothing back in return? Frustrating.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #16
Rookie

plotting's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reterogherta
It would be nice if you would state the odds of pulling each rarity in the pack descriptions, because without reading this post I would assume the odds of pulling a Star Card are the same in a Record Setter pack as in a HOF/All Star pack. The wording is exactly the same in all packs so it's misleading for the odds to be different.
I hate to defend CD here but the reason I wouldn't post drop rates is because most people here don't take sample size into account. Let's say the drop rate is 10% on the highest pack, you're going to get people post "I bought 10 packs and didn't get a Star" not factoring you would need thousands of pulls to have an accurate sample size. We have people that post enough about bugs as it is that have their info wrong. That being said it would be nice to have an expected drop rate with a 10% range so something like 10-20% of packs would have a Star
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »