Home

Blacktop Challenge

This is a discussion on Blacktop Challenge within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Blacktop Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
Agreed on the first part and disagree on the second part. I highly doubt you'll see people with 3-5 BT stars even when PO rolls around. This mode takes a combination of crazy effort, money, and luck, unlike any other aspects of the game. In the past, people could get away spending tons of money. But I doubt anyone would spend 1000+ hrs in a months to get way ahead of everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope you're right on the second part too, but every time this game throws something at us that seems improbable, there are some that just find a way.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #18
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
I hope you're right on the second part too, but every time this game throws something at us that seems improbable, there are some that just find a way.

I think we'd be ok. There are 740 hrs in a 31 day month. So that's 6 ultimate recipe if you play non stop and did everything right, you still only get 1 BT star mathematically speaking. Now say you get lucky and get 3 BT stars out of 6 tries, you still have to spend 2 months playing every. single. second. to get 6 BT stars. Unless someone keep doing the basic recipe and keep getting lucky, there is really no way.

As I'm writing this post, I just about the absurdity of probability we are playing against lol.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
I think we'd be ok. There are 740 hrs in a 31 day month. So that's 6 ultimate recipe if you play non stop and did everything right, you still only get 1 BT star mathematically speaking. Now say you get lucky and get 3 BT stars out of 6 tries, you still have to spend 2 months playing every. single. second. to get 6 BT stars. Unless someone keep doing the basic recipe and keep getting lucky, there is really no way.

As I'm writing this post, I just about the absurdity of probability we are playing against lol.

I agree. But do you think most will try the Ultimate?

If it were me, I'm not sure I would. I think I might try my luck at Super. You can get 5 super packs for cost of ultimate. Odds are a lot lower (1 in 25 versus 1 in 6) though.

But you kind of hit on the problem I have with the ultimate (other than cost). It costs a lot of cards for the recipe. The one that sticks out most to me is the Star enhancement. I only have like 5 of those and don't think I want to just throw 1 away for a chance.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #20
Rookie

plotting's Arena

I don't see it as a cash grab for enhancements, also I'm not going to pull from Ultimate cause I don't have the patience to wait to get 48k, since it's such a low chance anyways I'll just try super so I don't have to get lucky and pull the exact 2 L cards I need or spend a ridiculous amount on them in AH
Old 03-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #21
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
I agree. But do you think most will try the Ultimate?

If it were me, I'm not sure I would. I think I might try my luck at Super. You can get 5 super packs for cost of ultimate. Odds are a lot lower (1 in 25 versus 1 in 6) though.

But you kind of hit on the problem I have with the ultimate (other than cost). It costs a lot of cards for the recipe. The one that sticks out most to me is the Star enhancement. I only have like 5 of those and don't think I want to just throw 1 away for a chance.

Super is 1/40 chance. So let's say if you play moderately, i.e. 5 hrs a day, you only get about 6 shots at Super a month. Still about the same as Ultimate. I do think Super is more tempting because of lower quality cards required as you mentioned. But with a 1/40 chance, it's highly likely you won't get any top cards by the end of the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #22
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Blacktop Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting
I don't see it as a cash grab for enhancements, also I'm not going to pull from Ultimate cause I don't have the patience to wait to get 48k, since it's such a low chance anyways I'll just try super so I don't have to get lucky and pull the exact 2 L cards I need or spend a ridiculous amount on them in AH

It will be a cash grab for those who wants to cook multiple ultimate recipes.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Super is 1/40 chance. So let's say if you play moderately, i.e. 5 hrs a day, you only get about 6 shots at Super a month. Still about the same as Ultimate. I do think Super is more tempting because of lower quality cards required as you mentioned. But with a 1/40 chance, it's highly likely you won't get any top cards by the end of the game.

You're right. I was thinking it maxed at 4% for some reason.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #24
Rookie

plotting's Arena

Quote:
It will be a cash grab for those who wants to cook multiple ultimate recipes.

You pointed out how long it takes to get 48k BRP. Even if you played 20 times a day it would still take 12 days to get 48k, a lot of people still have those enhancements saved

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »