Home

Greats pack discussion

This is a discussion on Greats pack discussion within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

jonnyt345's Arena

OVR: 0
Greats pack discussion

With the release of the new greats pack coming, are these new cards going to be better than the event cards? I find it very hard to accept that these new cards should have anywhere near the stats as an olajuwon or wilt card that required top 100 to achieve. These cards were extremely difficult to obtain and there should be some kind of separation in stats given to those that earned them. Someone shouldn't be able to just throw some cash at the game and earn the very best cards. The event cards, particularly rivals clash should have a significant difference from these greats cards, otherwise this is strictly a pay to win format. I understand that cash pays for the servers we use, but many people just spent hundreds on these rs packs only to have them be obsolete in less than a month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

Re: Greats pack discussion

Beating a dead horse buddy, this app has always been like that AND it will continue being like that as long as idiots keep blowing ridiculous amounts of cash on it(you can count on that too).
Old 05-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

jonnyt345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxior
Beating a dead horse buddy, this app has always been like that AND it will continue being like that as long as idiots keep blowing ridiculous amounts of cash on it(you can count on that too).
You're correct that this app has always been like that, which i have absolutely no problem with... Until you start making the event card top 100 only. In that case it should be the best card for longer than a week.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

First off, let me begin by saying that the greats should not have a resurgence in this year's app. The greats should die with last year's app.

With that being said, in my opinion, here are a some points that I believe will keep the integrity of the game.

*The Greats cards from packs should be weaker than events playoff cards (rc & rttc) but stronger than RS cards

The above point would not discourage players from pursuing top 100 in rc and event players in rttc. As well as, not infuriate players for having spent rp and time on past event playoff players only to have those event cards be beaten by pack spenders in pursuit of a full greats lu.

*Any Greats event playoff cards, like from rc or rttc, should have the stats that cd will release the Greats with starting tomorrow, which is better than event playoffs and weaker than btc playoffs

*CD should update the Playoff season rewards to include Finals winners to have a chance to pull a Greats, RS, AS, or HoF player. The former with the smallest chance of pulling.

The main point for me which upsets me most is the greats stats being better than event playoffs. If CD could adjust those stats lower than event playoffs, then i believe many players will conform more easily to this new pack release.

IGN: Go heat!
Team: Grindhouse
Old 05-12-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Rookie

jonnyt345's Arena

I guess what I'm getting at here is I'd like to hear from danan on this, and i just want a justification of why these greats cards should be better than or equal to hakeem wilt kobe pippen event cards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 06:52 PM   #6
Pro

MrDavison's Arena

There doesn't seem to be a ton of separation between event cards and btc cards (some event cards can reach near or around 8k in points when stat charged and enhanced) anyways. Now we throw POTG in the middle of that?

If POTG cards were around high 8k to low 9k last year, i'm surprised that BTC cards aren't hitting 9k now. Maybe next month.

QG Tier: IC++
Champions Tier: IC
Top 25 Tier: IC
Old 05-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Dobba's Arena

I like the idea of having a chance to pull them from winning a playoff season.
As a free player (13 po pros), its hard enough for me to be able to get AS/RS PO cards.
If they are going to introduce POTG cards again, I know it's all about money for them so this won't happen, but they should have the packs available for free players to get aswell even if it's for some high amount of RP.
Have it at like 6000 credits or something, but then also have it at something like 125,000 RP.
They have already lost enough players with making it pay to win, if they bring in some sort of idea like the one above, it gives a bit of incentive for free players to keep playing so they can still have a chance get one of the best cards, tho having to spend alot of saved up RP.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobba
I like the idea of having a chance to pull them from winning a playoff season.
As a free player (13 po pros), its hard enough for me to be able to get AS/RS PO cards.
If they are going to introduce POTG cards again, I know it's all about money for them so this won't happen, but they should have the packs available for free players to get aswell even if it's for some high amount of RP.
Have it at like 6000 credits or something, but then also have it at something like 125,000 RP.
They have already lost enough players with making it pay to win, if they bring in some sort of idea like the one above, it gives a bit of incentive for free players to keep playing so they can still have a chance get one of the best cards, tho having to spend alot of saved up RP.
Yeah, free players are screwed. We already can't get RTTC cards without paying for extra game nights. I guess BTP should be the end game instead of RTTC / RC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »