Home

NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

This is a discussion on NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2023, 01:33 PM   #17
Rookie
 
GhostPandaStorm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2023
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I actually spent the weekend getting a use able current roster. Moved all the players included in the game to their correct teams then filled out the rosters with FA scrubs.

I then went through and matched the ratings with the ratings from 2k23 as a lot of things have changed since 19. Example would be Blake Griffin is a 92 in live 19 and a 75 in 2k23.

I then created 15 of the top missing guys like Zion, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett etc. I got the roster glitch after 19 guys on my first try but I might try to add some few more. Honestly though this game would be completely relevant if not for that dumb glitch. Oh well making the best out of it.

Anyways started a new franchise and am having an absolute blast.

Thanks for reminding me I should still play this.
That's awesome you went ahead and did that and yes, that glitch messed that up for those of us who're willing to do everything manually.

And you're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed the article. It's been a semi-hot topic lately so I thought it would be fun to start talking about it again and how fun it was. Thanks again.
__________________
Teams I Support:

Chicago Bulls

Chicago White Sox

Chicago Bears

Northwestern Wildcats

Any HBCU Team
GhostPandaStorm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 03:09 AM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I actually spent the weekend getting a use able current roster. Moved all the players included in the game to their correct teams then filled out the rosters with FA scrubs.

I then went through and matched the ratings with the ratings from 2k23 as a lot of things have changed since 19. Example would be Blake Griffin is a 92 in live 19 and a 75 in 2k23.

I then created 15 of the top missing guys like Zion, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett etc. I got the roster glitch after 19 guys on my first try but I might try to add some few more. Honestly though this game would be completely relevant if not for that dumb glitch. Oh well making the best out of it.

Anyways started a new franchise and am having an absolute blast.

Thanks for reminding me I should still play this.

Hi there, I am doing the same and when filling in the other players, I tend to pick the best FA who actually used to play on that team, say Lou Will I put him on the Hawks, so that would make all the teams stronger...as no teams have strong rookies since after 2019

And in terms of creating players, I heard that after 5 created players or so there is a glitch, may I ask what exactly the glitch is? Is it all those created players will turn bald or something? I never heard someone is about to create 19 players, thatís a lot and if I can confirm with you that no glitch will occur till then, I will do the same manÖ

For the franchise mode, do CPU donít do any trades?

Lastly, what sliders/setting are you using?

Sorry for the many words.
jrose57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:34 AM   #19
Greatest caddie ever!
 
youvalss's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 16,587
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

I used to like Live 19, then I started hating it badly. Canned uninterruptible animations like those blocked dunks and other blocks and interaction between ball handler and defender completely ruined this game. That new animation system developers implemented, in my opinion, completely ruined the game.

To me, Live 18 is miles better - far more dynamic, less canned animations, better physics, more responsive controls. With roster and slider edits it played some great basketball. Not even close.
__________________
My Specs:

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
OS: Sinclair BASIC
youvalss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 02:01 PM   #20
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I used to like Live 19, then I started hating it badly. Canned uninterruptible animations like those blocked dunks and other blocks and interaction between ball handler and defender completely ruined this game. That new animation system developers implemented, in my opinion, completely ruined the game.

To me, Live 18 is miles better - far more dynamic, less canned animations, better physics, more responsive controls. With roster and slider edits it played some great basketball. Not even close.
really i thought the game is very similar?!?!
jrose57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 11:38 AM   #21
Greatest caddie ever!
 
youvalss's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 16,587
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
really i thought the game is very similar?!?!
That's what I thought for a while. And then I started to see the issues with the scripted interactions and I felt less in control in general. I've tried to play it a few times since then but could never bring myself to finish a game. Then I would shut it down and go back to 18.
__________________
My Specs:

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
OS: Sinclair BASIC
youvalss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2023, 09:55 AM   #22
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: NBA Live 19: Five Reasons Why the Game Is Still Fun Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That's what I thought for a while. And then I started to see the issues with the scripted interactions and I felt less in control in general. I've tried to play it a few times since then but could never bring myself to finish a game. Then I would shut it down and go back to 18.
thanks and nba live 18 doesn't have such script things?

btw do u play the game with your own updated roster or?
jrose57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.
Top -