Home

In game injuries?

This is a discussion on In game injuries? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
In game injuries?

While reading the new replies in the Heat vs Orlando post, saw several people talk about lack of in game injuries, other than during "simming". Has this been confirmed? If so, where? I must have missed this.

And if this is indeed the case, Devs, what's the reasoning behind this? It wasn't there last year, ok. But 2 years running? I understand that something of this magnitude is a big deal to implement. But seriously, playing offline, season/association only, this is a big blow.

Injuries are key in a season, and a big part about playing through a tough 82 game schedule, is utilizing your roster, making adjustments when your workhorse goes down for a few games.

I don't sim games, and won't do it just so I can see an injury on my team.

What's the hold up in implementing this guys? If anyone can chime in here dev-wise, that would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: In game injuries?

The Developers have answered this a couple times and confirmed injuries would be the same as last year which means only sim injuries. I think the reasoning was just lack of time for this year.

I'm like you though and would really like to see it in the game if done right. Maybe next year.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 09-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Two thing bugged me last year - injuries in only games that were simmed and forcing you to play an 82 game schedule. The last one to me is the biggest problem with Live 10 and this year's Elite 11, just way too many games to play without simming. EA has complete injuries in their NCAA Football, I'm stumped to why this is not in their basketball offerings.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

They don't get the lack of time excuse 2 years in a row for something like this imo, this isn't good at all.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 09-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

it's amazing this is still an issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

The simple reason this hasn't been fixed is that this series is merely given tokenary effort each season by EA.

No way in hell they'd allow these issues to drag on forever in Madden.

This issue has been raised for 36 months and ingored...same with CPU fast breaks (players still don't run down the lanes / go straight to the wings even when there's no defenders)

I am sick of paying the same price for Madden as I pay for LIVE / ELITE...Madden gets the royal treatment, Live gets treated like a beggar.

If Madden is $60...Elite should be $20 as it's simply not given the same attention to detail / effort.

Fifa...Madden...Elite...pretty clear which one is the odd one out.

It's a joke the way EA treats basketball compared to the other sports.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
The simple reason this hasn't been fixed is that this series is merely given tokenary effort each season by EA.

This issue has been raised for 36 months and ingored...same with CPU fast breaks (players still don't run down the lanes / go straight to the wings even when there's no defenders)

I am sick of paying the same price for Madden as I pay for LIVE / ELITE...Madden gets the royal treatment, Live gets treated like a beggar.

If Madden is $60...Elite should be $20 as it's simply not given the same attention to detail / effort.

The last gameplay video of elite showed players filling the lane much better than Live 10. They don't do as good as job as I would like though they run all they thru the play and don't pull up at the top of the key, nor stop when they receive the ball.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision

Many people on the Madden board would vociferously disagree with this statement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »