Home

NBA Live Roster/Ratings Guy here

This is a discussion on NBA Live Roster/Ratings Guy here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA Live Roster/Ratings Guy here

Hi everyone, I'm Fernando. I'm a relatively new member of the NBA Live Dev team. My main focus are the rosters and ratings. I'm also helping with tuning Dynasty.
I have read through some older posts and am looking for more feedback on those three things (especially Dynasty).

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA Live Roster/Ratings Guy here

First, welcome, hopefully this helps with having guys adjusted correctly. As far as ratings go, I believe Chris Mullen needs to be re-rated as a legend to have a higher 3 point shot. Dwight needs to have his addidas arm band change colors depending on what your team logo is, in UT. Dynasty needs to have the ability to quit your current job and start another, as well as a tab for past champions and award winners.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Playoff atmosphere in dynasty needs to be better, maybe some towel waving, MVP chants and the like.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I think some of the ratings are either too high or too low.

For example, Magic Johnson is a 91, he's arguably the best PG of all-time, he should be at least a 94-95.

Otto Porter is a rookie who barely plays and might be the biggest bust of this draft, why is he an 80?

Too many players are gold cards in UT, or if you want to go that route maybe add an extra tier to separate the 87+ ratings or so.

Haven't played dynasty so I'm not sure but what the above poster said sounds good. More playoff atmosphere would be awesome
Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
First, welcome, hopefully this helps with having guys adjusted correctly. As far as ratings go, I believe Chris Mullen needs to be re-rated as a legend to have a higher 3 point shot. Dwight needs to have his addidas arm band change colors depending on what your team logo is, in UT. Dynasty needs to have the ability to quit your current job and start another, as well as a tab for past champions and award winners.
Chris Mullin's 3pt rating is low because he shot only 23% on 100 shots for the 88-89 season. I'll ask to see if we can get a small bump for him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...mullich01.html

I understand why you feel it should be higher, though. No one thinks of Chris Mullin as a brick layer.

I'll pass on that Dynasty suggestion to the team. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
I think some of the ratings are either too high or too low.

For example, Magic Johnson is a 91, he's arguably the best PG of all-time, he should be at least a 94-95.

Otto Porter is a rookie who barely plays and might be the biggest bust of this draft, why is he an 80?

Too many players are gold cards in UT, or if you want to go that route maybe add an extra tier to separate the 87+ ratings or so.

Haven't played dynasty so I'm not sure but what the above poster said sounds good. More playoff atmosphere would be awesome
Magic Johnson's overall seems to be dragged down from his 3pt shot. The Ultimate team guys are going to rework their overall formula for '15 to give a more accurate representation of where guys should be.

We don't know if Otto Porter is a bust, he never leaves the bench! I have him down to a 74 for the next regular roster update but, Ultimate team has their ratings locked from the beginning of the season, for the most part.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Fernando, do you handle the accessories as well for rosters?
Old 04-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
MVP

_Fernando's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Fernando, do you handle the accessories as well for rosters?
Sorry, I do not.

I can pass on any messages to the guy who does!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »