Home

Hello OS NBA Live Community

This is a discussion on Hello OS NBA Live Community within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
NBA Live Gameplay Designer

Schwall's Arena

OVR: 0
Hello OS NBA Live Community

Hi there everybody, my name is Tim Schwallie and I'm a gameplay designer on the NBA Live Series.

I just wanted to introduce myself since you may see me pop up more in the community as we approach finishing and launching Live 15.

First off, I've been on the Live team since it moved to Orlando from Vancouver and have been a part of gameplay that entire span.

I grew up in Orlando and I'm a huge Magic fan. After I graduated UCF, I started testing here at Tiburon on the NASCAR series. I also worked on the last year of NCAA football on the PS2 before moving on to EA Sports MMA. After MMA I took the opportunity to jump to a designer role on the NBA franchise.

I'm very glad to be a part of the Live team here in Orlando and feel blessed to be working in the role I am.

I'll try to answer any questions that you guys may have, but there is only so much I can say. In the mean time, I'll try to check out these forums when I can.

Hope you all are looking forward to see what Live 15 has to offer.

-Schwall

Follow me on Twitter @ThatGuySchwall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Hello OS NBA Live Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwall
Hi there everybody, my name is Tim Schwallie and I'm a gameplay designer on the NBA Live Series.

I just wanted to introduce myself since you may see me pop up more in the community as we approach finishing and launching Live 15.

First off, I've been on the Live team since it moved to Orlando from Vancouver and have been a part of gameplay that entire span.

I grew up in Orlando and I'm a huge Magic fan. After I graduated UCF, I started testing here at Tiburon on the NASCAR series. I also worked on the last year of NCAA football on the PS2 before moving on to EA Sports MMA. After MMA I took the opportunity to jump to a designer role on the NBA franchise.

I'm very glad to be a part of the Live team here in Orlando and feel blessed to be working in the role I am.

I'll try to answer any questions that you guys may have, but there is only so much I can say. In the mean time, I'll try to check out these forums when I can.

-Schwall

Greetings Tim! Thank you for joining this forum and taking your time out to reach out to the community about Live 15. We already know the graphics have been improved by the video and screens from you guys last month, but will there be a night and day approach from Live 14 when it comes to the animations and smoothness in the game with the players and gameplay? Will there be much improved A.I. with the emphasis through Synergy? Will Live have much more signature styles and court arena sounds? Thank you and I hope you will be able to answer my questions.

Last edited by shutdown10; 07-14-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Hey Tim welcome! Glad you guys are taking an open door approach with the community. Us Live 14 fans are very passionate about the series and are looking forward to the changes in 15. One thing I know we are all clammering for is the option to control rosters and create players outside of rising star. We appreciate what you guys are doing with Synergy, but when you take away the freedom to assemble teams as you like, you take away that bit of imagination that we all have. I loved being able to create an "all Kentucky" squad where I could put my favorite Kentucky players all on the same team. I guess my point here is in wondering if we will have greater control over the rosters this year? Also, can you share any tidbits about the onboarding experience this year? We've heard it mentioned a few times that the onboarding will be an emphasis, but to what extent?

Thanks and I hope to hear from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Will we see more signature celebrations after big shots ? Also are crowd noises more exciting ? I've heard how the live team was talking to coaches . Will we notice different styles of teams when playing the A.I?lastly any hints on when the cover athlete will be revealed ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Rookie

^ this, crowds need to be more dynamic and feel more alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #6
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwall

-Schwall

Hi Tim. It's nice to see an NBA Live Developer on these forums. I know you can't answer too many questions so I'll ask a more general type of questions regarding the series.

You stated that you were on the team since development switched from Canada to Orlando; regarding this did you guys try to take a base from Elite 11 or Live 10 and build from there or did you guys feel you had to start from scratch? I ask because Live has had a ton of issues coming into Gen 7 that were never addressed and continued onto Gen 8 and Live 14. It seems that ever year the series is changing its game play focus. Are you guys focusing on more control, which never has been a weakness in the Live series or are you guys going more into fixing issues like animation quality? Because I feel and many other Live fans feel that one of the biggest issues that seems to never get any focus is animation quality and quantity, it seems that every year it's something that has to wait until the next development cycle and never does improve significantly or regresses in Elite 11's case.

So my question is what is the game play focus for the series as you are a game play designer? Also what happened to real time physics for Elite 11, did you guys not want to build off of that base for future games?

Welcome to the forums!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

welcome, honestly for me... I just want to know two thing. Is there another 3yr development progress for this game or is this yr 2-of 3? And if so, will live 16 be the complete project of what EA desires from this franchise?Only question I have at the moment!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #8
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Welcome Schwallie, we definitely appreciate the communication and interaction with or community. I look forward to seeing everything that's coming down the pipeline, and how things are taking shape. Welcome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »