Home

Retail version Vs. Demo

This is a discussion on Retail version Vs. Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Retail version Vs. Demo

So, I tried the demo when it first dropped, the game didn't impress me enough to warrant a 60 dollar purchase.

My question is, how much improved is the retail version Vs the demo? Does syngery help Ai players play like their real life counterparts?

Do teams still shoot ridiculously high 3 point percentages?

Is there more contact in the paint? Does the foul sliders work?

How is the late game Ai? I know this was a huge issue at launch.

The demo was so close to being a decent game, now that it's on sale for 25 bucks, I'd pay 25 for a decent NBA live game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Retail version Vs. Demo

The three pointer problem might have to be addressed in a patch. If you play superstar 8 mins at least, you can get realistic numbers. This game is all about the numbers.

The game is not hard, but if you play a certain way without cheese, the game is good, late game AI will probably be an issue all year
Old 11-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
late game AI will probably be an issue all year
This has been an issue for TWO years now, dating back to Live 14.

Is there a reason WHY the devs have not addressed this issue yet? Instead of focusing on stupid things like sock length and type of arm sleeve....how about the folks at EA patch this nonsense so the game can actually become playable.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
So, I tried the demo when it first dropped, the game didn't impress me enough to warrant a 60 dollar purchase.

My question is, how much improved is the retail version Vs the demo? Does syngery help Ai players play like their real life counterparts?

Do teams still shoot ridiculously high 3 point percentages?

Is there more contact in the paint? Does the foul sliders work?

How is the late game Ai? I know this was a huge issue at launch.

The demo was so close to being a decent game, now that it's on sale for 25 bucks, I'd pay 25 for a decent NBA live game.
To answer your questions:

1) Yes, Synergy does help players play more like their real life counterparts. It's not as good as in 2K, however. Sometimes you'll see guys like DeAndre Jordan take fadeaways in the post, for instance. And very rarely will you see guys like LeBron or Harden bring the ball up the court. But it's not a gamebreaker for me.

2) Yes, 3 point percentages are still ridiculously high. The elite shooters - Curry, Irving, Harden, etc. - literally won't miss if they are wide open. I was playing around with this the other day, and if I backed off Curry just a little bit, he would shoot a 3 every time and was 8-8 in the 1st quarter.

3) There isn't enough contact in the paint on drives to the basket. However, I love the "physicality" of the post game. You want to back a guy like Howard or Hibbert down? Good luck. I think Live does this really well. The foul sliders when turned up to 100 do work. I've seen many shooting fouls on jumpers too, which is nice.

4) There are still late game AI issues. I haven't seen them as much as others have, but they are there.

Live really isn't that far off from being a very good basketball game. I keep going back to it despite its flaws, but it's hard to get really into it unless they address several of their issues. It would be nice to hear what they are planning on patching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »