Home

Your favirite NBA Live this generation

This is a discussion on Your favirite NBA Live this generation within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #25
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Your favirite NBA Live this generation

I wish we could share rosters as I'd love to attempt this but just don't have the time to make the edits required.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 11:54 PM   #26
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
I wish we could share rosters as I'd love to attempt this but just don't have the time to make the edits required.
It does take a while, and that's even without the more complex edits the other game has. I edit 1 team per day, then play a 12-minute game against them, make a few more tweaks and sometimes even play another game - so I play both home and road games.

Strangely, I played another game vs the Blazers last night, this time on the road, and absolutely crashed them, by about 35 points. I managed to stop Dame, and gave CJ Mac a hard time, and Nurkic was strong on the boards but my D made it tough for him to score in the paint. I closed the paint and as the game progressed their midrange and 3s didn't fall, so they had no chance.

I'm pretty sure that if I play another road game against them, it will be a different story.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #27
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

More Live 18 action. Edited the Warriors and played a game. Curry was unbelievable! Scored 44 pts, shot 3s like crazy. He even shot a couple on fastbreaks, and a couple 3s about 3-4 feet behind the 3 pt line, one of these on his man. He went to the basket and shot his signature high arc layup. Other than him the other guys weren't super great. Thompson scored 13 and was having a tough night thanks to my D. Green however was pretty big on the boards, played great D and scored some buckets, even shot 3s. It's not easy playing the Warriors, and on the road.

Warriors were unstoppable in the first half and got an 18 pt lead over my Pistons, I think they scored about 67 by halftime. Second half we played much better D, cut the lead in half, and I thought we had a chance. So we go on a run, then they go on a run and at the end they were too good. Reggie Jackson missed 2 critical laypas in the last few minutes. One of them was on a fastbreak with the D right behind him, I guess he was feeling the pressure. Both Iguadala and Green played amazing D.

I was able to hold the Warriors to 39% shooting, thanks to better D after halftime, while we shot about 45%. Reggie Jackson was my man with around 30 pts. Warriors played so realistically, it was beautiful to watch.

Wizards are the last team left to edit, then I'll go through each team and make a few tweaks, then I can start a season finally.

I'm a little worried. When I edited the Thunder, after finishing a game and going back to make more edits to them, one of the players disappeared from the list. Just appears as Black with 2 small white lines where the name was supposed to be. I didn't try editing whoever that was, just moved him to the bottom inactive players. Luckily I have a backup roster file I saved before editing the Thunder, so I'll keep it just in case.

Some time ago, after editing half or so of the teams, I loaded my roster file and tried to start a game, but it wouldn't start. So I tried with the default roster file and there was no issue. So I had to delete my edited file and start over. I suspect it has something to do with the edit-player feature being added to the game via a patch and not being there by default. I never had this issue with Live 19.

Anyway, I can't say enough how amazing Live 18 looks. You could tell me it's a next gen title and I would believe it. Superb work by the art team!

ZX Spectrum
Old 08-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #28
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2

I would say Live 18. Live 19 got that lob pass to the post that is an automatic 2 points everytime the defender fronts the post player.

Live 18 is a lot easier to get to the paint with quick players but the help defense and cpu offense is much better than 19. However, if 19 fixed the lob pass cheese and injuries in franchise mode, i think 19 could have been better than 18 by a little bit.
Old 09-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #29
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

I've started doing some re-edits on team rosters in Live 18. Basically, I'm dropping rebounding, blocking, vertical and dunking for all players. Maximum dunking/vertical is 85 and that's only for the few top highflyers. Great dunkers and athletic leapers get 80-83, decent dunkers get 76-79, avergae athletes get 70-75, less athletic get 69 and below. I'm now seeing less dunks and more collision layups and even some layup animations I never seen before or ones that used to be very rare.

Also, maximum rebounding value is 83 for guys like Drummond. The lower tier, but still great rebounders get 78-80, then 75-77 for lower tier and so on. This reduces the number of offesive rebounds and together with the vertical/dunking changes refuces the number of putback dunks.

Same values for blocking, so only the top shot blockers get multiple blocks.

Also edited the on-air collision sliders. I keep the offensive slider higher than the defensive as I think it reduces the number of dunks because the offensive player is more affected by the collision and less of a chance the defender will get pushed out of the way, or even create a colission where before it was missing in some situations. At least that how I think it works.

ZX Spectrum
Old 09-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #30
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnlaca
I would say Live 18. Live 19 got that lob pass to the post that is an automatic 2 points everytime the defender fronts the post player.

Live 18 is a lot easier to get to the paint with quick players but the help defense and cpu offense is much better than 19. However, if 19 fixed the lob pass cheese and injuries in franchise mode, i think 19 could have been better than 18 by a little bit.
I'm seeing pretty good interior defens in Live 18. Scoring in the post is not so easy for me. You might want to look at your sliders as well as players' defensive ratings, including post defense. Try these edits in 19. And check my previous post, might work in 19 too.

ZX Spectrum

Last edited by youvalss; 09-03-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:38 AM   #31
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey guys, I've been itching to go back into playing Live again and I'm glad I found this thread.

I'd like to know, can we edit player gear/accessories in franchise mode in 18 and/or 19?

Many thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #32
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I'm seeing pretty good interior defens in Live 18. Scoring in the post is not so easy for me. You might want to look at your sliders as well as players' defensive ratings, including post defense. Try these edits in 19. And check my previous post, might work in 19 too.
19 is broken with the lob pass cheese. Im surprised no one brings it up. When a defender is fronting the post player, the lob pass becomes this rocket lob pass that makes the post player catching it in the paint. Because the pass is so quick and the defender jumped to try and stop the pass, it is an easy 2.

No slider can fix it. I repurchased it and turned everything on the defensive side to 100. Defensive centers might knock down that pass down once every 10 times. Please note that this only applies to centers and pf. You rarely get that animation with the other positions unless the play was designed for it.

18 didnt have that problem. I just feel like 18 you can beat your man off the dribble better after some resistance and depending on the sliders, the help defense can get there but not always. I would like to get better 18 sliders but i havent picked up a game since a game i won froze on me at the end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »