Home

i need a good roster that will get me an accurate 2010 draft

This is a discussion on i need a good roster that will get me an accurate 2010 draft within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8
i need a good roster that will get me an accurate 2010 draft

who's roster file (xbox360) and whose sliders will get me a good and accurate (mock draft) results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: i need a good roster that will get me an accurate 2010 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltranite
who's roster file (xbox360) and whose sliders will get me a good and accurate (mock draft) results?
You probably won't find a draft class that is even 5% accurate because EA generates random attributes for the players.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
You probably won't find a draft class that is even 5% accurate because EA generates random attributes for the players.
So do you like the Madden generated draft classes better? i think i read somewhere that the players come in relatively high. I guess I kinda like the random factor of the NCAA draft classes, as opposed to knowing what players to get from being on OS so long lol
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Download the roster PSN: SteezDee on PS3 and take a look at the imported draft class, its not perfect but looks really good.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
So do you like the Madden generated draft classes better? i think i read somewhere that the players come in relatively high. I guess I kinda like the random factor of the NCAA draft classes, as opposed to knowing what players to get from being on OS so long lol
I don't know anything about the Madden generated classes, but I would not care if the players were rated a lot higher than most people think that they should be rated. The drop off between rookies and the top players in the league is no where near the level that it used to be. Sometimes, there's really no drop off at all for quite a few rookies. Each year the overall talent of players increases because a new class of players come in who are training harder, using refined practice techniques and drills, have grown up playing more football, have gone to more camps, are playing in and practicing for more all-star games, are being taught by private coaches/instructors, etc.

I don't like the random factor because I know what a player's individual attributes should be rated.

EA needs to realize that there are some attributes that should not change at all and that some attributes should change very little.

I wonder how many people have quit playing Madden for this very reason. I kept playing Madden for a year or two after I first thought about quitting (due to the poor engine) just because I liked importing draft classes, drafting my favorite players and playing with them. When they messed that up, I quit playing Madden.

Last edited by Jason_19; 01-05-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

You have great points. One of my top pet peeves with the game is how physical attributes change when going from NCAA to Madden. Players dont get slower, weaker(throw power for QBs, strength, injury, toughness), or less conditioned(stamina) when going to the League. If anything, they should increase. Things like awarness, and non physical attributes should take a hit, but not physical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »