Home

does anybody feel freshman are underrated on the game??

This is a discussion on does anybody feel freshman are underrated on the game?? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

ccross1530's Arena

OVR: 0
does anybody feel freshman are underrated on the game??

I feel like the freshman are way underrated on this game. EA has some of the top recruits in the nation barely ranked at a 70 if even that. A player probably develops about 10-15 Overall points better if he stays for 4 years right?? Well I've noticed a ton of Espn U150 recruits rated in the 60s. That isn't right for that player to barely get to an 80 rating (if that) by the time he is a senior. I feel like the overall team ratings go down when you are in dynasty because of how the new recruits are rated. I have been going on ESPN recruiting and looking at what they have each player rated on there and making the freshman about 4 or 5 points under what ESPN has them as. So if espn has a player rated 85 i will make him an 81 or 80. If you make them what Espn has them as they will be overrated. I feel like most recruits should start in the 70s and the elite ones in the 80s. I tested player progression in one year of dynasty and it seems that most of the players develop about 3-6 points a year. So I feel like it works. I am editing a roster right now like this I still have about 90 teams to go though. I am also including editing the player speeds based on 40 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: does anybody feel freshman are underrated on the game??

Which players are you referring to?
Yes some of those players maybe underrated and some maybe overrated. The problem is you never know who they will truly develop. Every year you get some kid that is highly rated and they become a bust and you get kids that are walk ons that end up as starters. You never know before hand what will truly happen with each kid.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

there arent any true impact type freshman. like a darren mcfadden, or robert woods.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Rookie

ccross1530's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayt
Which players are you referring to?
Yes some of those players maybe underrated and some maybe overrated. The problem is you never know who they will truly develop. Every year you get some kid that is highly rated and they become a bust and you get kids that are walk ons that end up as starters. You never know before hand what will truly happen with each kid.

a bunch. i cant think of the exact rating but on Oregon Anthony Wallace, Tacoi Sumler and Devon Blackmon are all 4 star EspnU150 recruits and on the game i think they are high 60s or low 70s overall at best. I feel like that should be a mediocre 3 star guys rating. But yea you never really know how they will turn out but its a video game and all you can go by is ratings.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
Rookie

First off, ESPN is the worst site apparently at judging the recruits so if they rate someone higher than the other scouting sites then go with the others.

Second off, I don't know any of those names you mentioned so they should be in the 70s but not more. The only Freshmen that should be in the 80s are the ones that are making an impact.

As for impact freshmen, I would agree that none are making a huge impact but a few that are having some impact. Crowell in Georgia, Clowney in SC, Johnson at LSU, Brown in Texas, Thomas in Oregan... those would be the impacts I have noticed by true freshmen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

A couple of years ago freshman were coming in rated way too high, so EA dealt with the problem by lowing the overall of incoming recruits i think. I guess when you fix an issue a whole other group of folks are gonna object to what was fixed. I like how the frosh are rated now as opposed to a few games back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »