Home

Generic EA Roster Editor

This is a discussion on Generic EA Roster Editor within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #665
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Generic EA Roster Editor

Does anyone have another link to the generic editor? I've been trying for days to download it and the mediafire website continues to open up random webpages every time i click the download button... Never downloads a zipped folder at all... Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2016, 05:51 PM   #666
Rookie

big09's Arena

Why do I keep getting" corrupt file" when I load the game?
Old 01-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #667
Rookie

I wanted to let everyone know I figured out what a few fields correlate to for NCAA 14 (and probably other NCAA titles). I read through every page of this thread and didn't see any mention of them before.

Confirmed codes:
FCYR = Last Conf Champ Year(Y-1750)
Example: 265 = 2015 (Tested at beginning of 2016 dynasty, may be possible that 265 always equals the last season year.

NCYR = Last Nat'l Champ Year(Y-1750)
TCHW = All Time Home Wins
TCHL = All Time Home Losses
TCHT = All Time Home Ties
TCHS = Home Streak
Examples:

1 = W1
2 = W2
3 = W3
Etc.

0 = unused (Only for FCS teams)

1023 = L1
1022 = L2
1021 = L3
Etc.

Unconfirmed codes:
SWPE => Places/Bowls: Play at specified stadium or team with best record hosts?
1 = Play at specified stadium
2 = Team with best record hosts

Also, I have some questions. I am using Xan's dynasty config for NCAA 14.

• The "Year" field always shows "0" in the editor. When I export a csv file the year actually shows. Anyone know why this is or how to fix it? Some tabs cannot be imported because there is no unique identifier for example the Bowl Champion tab.
  • Under "Awards & Records/Conf. Champs (or Bowl Champion) is there any way to add a record line? Some years the conference champion is shared and I would like to make this show.
  • Regarding the "Championships" field under Team Data/Teams, is this used? In my dynasty I found teams where it didn't align with either conference championships or national championships. Is this a legacy field that was never removed for NCAA 14?
  • Can record lines be removed? Under the Records section it seems as if when a record is broken a new line is created. I'd like to have just the original number of record lines if possible.
    • Also regarding records for anyone who wants to input the record holders manually, here is the format the game uses:
      • Team records: YYYY F.Last
        • No space between first and last
      • NCAA records: F. Last (Team Short Name)
        • Space exist between first and last
  • What is the procedure for replacing an entire roster and coaches in a dynasty? I tried exporting the roster and coaches from a roster file and importing them into a dynasty file. I found some coaches had the same position at the same school. Also I got errors saying key not found, skipping.
    • If there is a way to start a brand new dynasty and make the year whatever I want I would prefer that over the method of simming through to the year I want and replacing everything.
With EA not making a game anymore and no foreseeable plans to start again tapping into this editor is our best option for somewhat realistic season starts.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #668
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane2155
[*]If there is a way to start a brand new dynasty and make the year whatever I want I would prefer that over the method of simming through to the year I want and replacing everything.
I used the EAdbeditor > Xan's dynasty config> Unknowns tab> SEAI > SSYE
0=2013
1=2014
2=2015
3=2016 and so on.
I did this yesterday with Arrowhead29's dynasty file. Preseason year went from 2013 to 2016. I haven't simmed it or anything so not sure how it affects coach contracts and other stuff through the years.

Side note* I didn't see any changes in that SSYE tab changing "Dynasty Season" and "Year" so those might be mislabeled or from previous games. "Week" is in fact the week.

With that same file under Unknowns tab, the DEID tab is the coach the user is. So that file starts out with Kansas, well you can change the user controlled coach to anyone you want then go to that DEID tab and change it to the coach you switched the user controlled to.

Also found a lot of coaching stuff including being able to turn off coach contracts, but im rambling. Hope this helps
Old 01-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #669
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisfan
I used the EAdbeditor > Xan's dynasty config> Unknowns tab> SEAI > SSYE
0=2013
1=2014
2=2015
3=2016 and so on.
I did this yesterday with Arrowhead29's dynasty file. Preseason year went from 2013 to 2016. I haven't simmed it or anything so not sure how it affects coach contracts and other stuff through the years.

Side note* I didn't see any changes in that SSYE tab changing "Dynasty Season" and "Year" so those might be mislabeled or from previous games. "Week" is in fact the week.

With that same file under Unknowns tab, the DEID tab is the coach the user is. So that file starts out with Kansas, well you can change the user controlled coach to anyone you want then go to that DEID tab and change it to the coach you switched the user controlled to.

Also found a lot of coaching stuff including being able to turn off coach contracts, but im rambling. Hope this helps
Awesome find! I can confirm this worked for me as well. It doesn't appear to affect coaching contracts from what I can tell.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:49 PM   #670
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead29
Awesome find! I can confirm this worked for me as well. It doesn't appear to affect coaching contracts from what I can tell.
I simmed through the first season two times after doing this and both times all five players on the final Heisman list were from the same team. The first time it was Louisville and the second it was Ole Miss. Not sure why it is causing that to happen. Also not sure of any other glitches or side effects modding the start year causes.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #671
Rookie

Worked on this a little. The stats are still being read as 2013 stats, which is why no awards are being handed out and if you look at the stat leaders its all blank. So the year changes but the game still isn't reading stats as 2016. I changed the "year" and "dynasty year" in the SEAI tab and simmed, then loaded the end of the season save back into the editor and "year" went back to 0. A bit bummed about this, cause it's going to take possibly looking at two different dynasty years saves in the editor and comparing them.

Also if you look in the editor players offensive stats tab and defense and some coach stuff has "year" 0. A couple posts above that person said when they put it in excel that it gave out the actual year date, so im guessing that's the issue. Have to find out why it keeps switching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #672
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane2155
[*]What is the procedure for replacing an entire roster and coaches in a dynasty? I tried exporting the roster and coaches from a roster file and importing them into a dynasty file. I found some coaches had the same position at the same school. Also I got errors saying key not found, skipping.
Sorry for the double post but i wanted to quote this.

I dabbled in this a few months ago dlane and found that the reason you get those errors in the editor is because it's looking for players that aren't there. The dynasty roster HAS to have the same number of players as the roster you are importing. I did this from 2013 to 2016 and it can be a pain. You have to turn off computer recruiting and I imported the roster on the off season transfer week. Essentially you have to make sure no one gets added or subtracted and it imports fine. You have to do the same routine each offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »