Home

Adjusting Sliders Versus Editing Roster Ratings

This is a discussion on Adjusting Sliders Versus Editing Roster Ratings within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Adjusting Sliders Versus Editing Roster Ratings

I am interested in getting opinions from folks who have been using the editors on the subject of a comparison of effects from using the editors versus adjusting sliders. Some questions which I am contemplating:

1. Would it be more effective to use the editors and leave the slider settings at 50 (neutral)?

2. Does the game software react differently to changes in slider settings versus mass ratings changes? For example, using the Kick Accuracy Slider versus making mass changes to the PKAC rating for Kickers?

3. How does making mass edits to roster ratings affect what happens when sliders are adjusted?

Other comparisons or questions or thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Adjusting Sliders Versus Editing Roster Ratings

though im no expert and really have no proof, i cant see anything other than ratings that the sliders could affect. when the editor first came out, i was still playing ncaa12 and with editing the rating and leaving sliders at default, i was having the best games i have ever had.

my belief is that the gameplay is hard coded and the rating is what drives everything, but again how do you prove that. years ago (comodore64) i wrote a football text game, each player was rated 1 thru 6 with six being the best, it was programmed to give the higher rated player a higher chance of success. the program never changed only the ratings.

in conclusion, i dont think it matters how the rating is changed(game cant tell a difference) only that the ratings are changed.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
Pro

I agree with Soonerfan09 regarding how the player ratings impact the game. However, we don't know how the game uses the ratings to alter play results. And, we don't know how adjusting the sliders actually impacts the player ratings, whereas we know exactly how ratings are impacted when we use the editors to adjust them.

When we begin a game with a specific difficulty level and with a specific set of sliders, I believe the game loads the static roster ratings and then manipulates them dynamically during the course of the game, based upon algorithms coded into the game. Since we don't know how these algorithms function, we don't know how they use the difficulty level and the sliders to dynamically manipulate the ratings during the course of the game.

Many of us believe that the AA Difficulty setting is the "neutral" setting, under which there is the least amount of dynamic manipulation. Similarly, it would make sense that the mid-point slider settings of 50 would be the neutral settings. If this theory is correct, we would have more control over the game's ratings manipulations by changing the base ratings ourselves and leaving the sliders at 50 and setting difficulty to AA.

These are my thoughts and I am asking for other opinions from those people who have experimented with sliders and difficulty levels, and have edited ratings.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
MVP

When I was tinkering with modern rosters, i was inputting actual completion percentage as the rating for Throwing Accuracy. And it played well on default slider for QB Accuarcy. the other sliders were not at default. And I think it was on All-American.

This really doesn't go along with the Mass Editing you speak of but it is an example of ratings used on default. Compared to NCAA and its limited QB Ratings, Madden has Short, Long, medium, throw on the run and play action ratings, along with a myriad of different throwing styles. (I would say there are at least 50 throwing motions Hell, there may be more!)

Since this is probably the last version of this game,NCAA will always be hampered with this excluded feature. The different throwing styles not only breaks up the monotony, it also affects gameplay. Some of the motions take longer for the QB to wind up and throw. It really adds a whole new angle to the game.

Is there anyway these throwing styles can be copied from the Madden Editor into the NCAA editor. I think if that's possible, NCAA would be drastically improved.

It gives the game a new look and a lot more realism. I hope you Editor Guys can look into this. This is one of the big reason I'm playing Madden more than NCAA.

God I hope this is possible.

Last edited by tommycoa; 01-27-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: More info
Old 01-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Cant see there being any way to important what are basically animations from another game into NCAA through the editor unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Cant see there being any way to important what are basically animations from another game into NCAA through the editor unfortunately.
I figured it wasn't possible. Just figured I'd ask. It would add a lot to a game that may never be made again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »