Home

NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #2065
Rookie

glunsford's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3)

Clemson
Take Shaq Lawson off the impact player list and put McKenzie Alexander on the list. Lawson did not start last year and Alexander was a Freshman All American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #2066
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Here is a proposed impact players spreadsheet, which I'll edit on the file in about 2 weeks, as I'd hope we're at the end or right around the end of the project by that point.

And give me a reason for swapping out players! Stats recommended.
I can give you some immediate feedback Minnesota and Wisconsin and the rest of teams I edited at a later date (unless a fan of a team beats me to it).

Minnesota: I definitely agree on Leidner and Boddy-Calhoun. The third choice is a little trickier. If Maxx would've stayed, it would have been a no-brainer (he was actually elected our 3rd captain before he decided to go pro). Instead of Campbell I would suggest P Peter Mortell. He's probably the best player in the team right now (only one to make the Phil Steele All-American list) and played a huge role in flipping field position when our offense stalled (which was pretty often). If you don't want a Punter as an impact player, the next best choice would be OL Campion. He's a RS Senior, our best lineman, and has started every game since his RS Freshman year. After those two, there aren't really many clear cut choices.

Wisconsin: Spot on, those are the three I would've chosen.

Also, is alright if I post the link on the first post?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #2067
Rookie

penguinsniper811's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaybreezy25
Thanks I'm actually planning on finishing it today sorry for the wait but if you could tell me what players to replace so me of these that would be great
Quote:
OK, I think I got it. This should be accessible for everyone. If not, let me know ASAP.

NCAA 14 2015-16 Impact Players Spreadsheet

Here is a proposed impact players spreadsheet, which I'll edit on the file in about 2 weeks, as I'd hope we're at the end or right around the end of the project by that point.

Take a look at your favorite team and let me know what you think..I'm wide open for constructive criticism. (I.E. Give me another Michigan player in place of Peppers. Please.)

Just remember, three impact players a team, QB/RB/FB/WR/TE for offense, anyone on defense, kickers and punters are allowed, but really only should be as a last resort, or if they are really, really, really good (like Craddock and Rekhow. Aguayo was my 4th choice for FSU, so if anyone doesn't like Northrup....). The player must have played a season in college, at least. (In the case of Peppers, not only do I have no one else really, but he did play before being shut down and medically redshirted).

For South Carolina, Pharoh Cooper and Skai Moore very good choices, i'd just disagree with Gerald Dixon. First off, I'm not exactly sure which Dixon you are referring to seeing as though Gerald Dixon is the DE while Gerald Dixon Jr is the DT. Gerald Dixon(DT) apparently only had 1 sack last year and ESPN is missing stats for him for a good bit of games. Then Gerald Dixon Jr(DE) only had 2 sacks, which led the team (I know sad right?). Both are good players and bring experience to a young defense, but theyre not really impact players.
As for my choices, I'd pick between Johnathan Walton(Wasn't a starter until late, but was extremely productive beside Skai Moore when he got the chance), Marquavius Lewis(JUCO transfer so not sure if he applies, but its basically all on him to establish a pass rush this season, he was basically a starter from the day he stepped foot on campus and all the pressure is on him), Isaiah Johnson(Transfer from Kansas, so once again not sure if you'd want a guy who hasn't played a snap for the team yet, but we're counting on his leadership and playmaking in the secondary to help out with a young group), or Brandon Wilds(Consistent runner since he arrived on campus. Racked up 486 yards his freshman year when marcus lattimore went down, and 570 in backup/split duty with Mike Davis last year. This year the offense will really rely on him and Pharoh to carry while the younger players get acclimated.) Hope these help.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #2068
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinsniper811
For South Carolina, Pharoh Cooper and Skai Moore very good choices, i'd just disagree with Gerald Dixon. First off, I'm not exactly sure which Dixon you are referring to seeing as though Gerald Dixon is the DE while Gerald Dixon Jr is the DT. Gerald Dixon(DT) apparently only had 1 sack last year and ESPN is missing stats for him for a good bit of games. Then Gerald Dixon Jr(DE) only had 2 sacks, which led the team (I know sad right?). Both are good players and bring experience to a young defense, but theyre not really impact players.
As for my choices, I'd pick between Johnathan Walton(Wasn't a starter until late, but was extremely productive beside Skai Moore when he got the chance), Marquavius Lewis(JUCO transfer so not sure if he applies, but its basically all on him to establish a pass rush this season, he was basically a starter from the day he stepped foot on campus and all the pressure is on him), Isaiah Johnson(Transfer from Kansas, so once again not sure if you'd want a guy who hasn't played a snap for the team yet, but we're counting on his leadership and playmaking in the secondary to help out with a young group), or Brandon Wilds(Consistent runner since he arrived on campus. Racked up 486 yards his freshman year when marcus lattimore went down, and 570 in backup/split duty with Mike Davis last year. This year the offense will really rely on him and Pharoh to carry while the younger players get acclimated.) Hope these help.
I've seen JUCO's become impact players immediately before they played (Brent Schaeffer of Ole Miss in NCAA '07 comes to mind), but I'll likely end up adding Walton.

I had Dixon Jr., probably should've been more specific on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhill76
For Auburn, I would have DE Carl Lawson as an impact player before Ford. It isn't always about stats by the way, it's about how a player affects the unit as a whole.
Auburn I did base off stats (went back and double checked most of the teams, I must have skipped over Auburn), but I completely overlooked Lawson because he didn't play last year. I'll add him in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdrew23308
Just took a look at the impact players spreadsheet. For Michigan State I have no problem with Cook and Calhoun. For the 3rd impact player instead of Ed Davis I would suggest MLB Riley Bullough, FS R.J Williamson or SS Montae Nicholson.
I'll add Bullough over Davis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags2014
For South Alabama, Cody Clements is fine. I'd change the other players to

DE Jimmie Gipson-->WR Danny Woodson
S Antonio Carter-->S Roman Buchanon

Jimmie Gipson is hurt and will likely redshirt for this season.
Done. Woodson was my #4, probably should've put Buchanon in there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glunsford
Clemson
Take Shaq Lawson off the impact player list and put McKenzie Alexander on the list. Lawson did not start last year and Alexander was a Freshman All American.
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
I can give you some immediate feedback Minnesota and Wisconsin and the rest of teams I edited at a later date (unless a fan of a team beats me to it).

Minnesota: I definitely agree on Leidner and Boddy-Calhoun. The third choice is a little trickier. If Maxx would've stayed, it would have been a no-brainer (he was actually elected our 3rd captain before he decided to go pro). Instead of Campbell I would suggest P Peter Mortell. He's probably the best player in the team right now (only one to make the Phil Steele All-American list) and played a huge role in flipping field position when our offense stalled (which was pretty often). If you don't want a Punter as an impact player, the next best choice would be OL Campion. He's a RS Senior, our best lineman, and has started every game since his RS Freshman year. After those two, there aren't really many clear cut choices.

Wisconsin: Spot on, those are the three I would've chosen.

Also, is alright if I post the link on the first post?
I don't do linemen as impact players, but I'll add in Mortell.

By all means, put it in the OP.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. First updates coming momentarily.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-02-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #2069
Rookie

Zaybreezy25's Arena

Taking the file
Old 07-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #2070
Rookie

sean15012's Arena

In regards to the Impact Player List- if you are soliciting any input;

For the Air Force Academy you might want to consider WR Jalen Robinette instead of Connor Healy. Robinette is a Junior and has started every season. Caught over 800 yds worth of passes last season in an academy offense.

For the Naval Academy consider D-Lineman Bernard Sarra perhaps in lieu of Will Anthony. Sarra is the teams captain and will be a 3 year starter.

Like any, these are just suggestions. Hope this helps, and regardless the time and effort you all put forth is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #2071
Rookie

psu#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbfanatic
Muck and BossHawg, thank you for fixing the big arm/body glitches. Roster looks great!
So penn state looks good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #2072
Pro

Quote:
OK, I think I got it. This should be accessible for everyone. If not, let me know ASAP.

NCAA 14 2015-16 Impact Players Spreadsheet

Take a look at your favorite team and let me know what you think..I'm wide open for constructive criticism. (I.E. Give me another Michigan player in place of Peppers. Please.)

Just remember, three impact players a team, QB/RB/FB/WR/TE for offense, anyone on defense, kickers and punters are allowed, but really only should be as a last resort, or if they are really, really, really good (like Craddock and Rekhow. Aguayo was my 4th choice for FSU, so if anyone doesn't like Northrup....). The player must have played a season in college, at least. (In the case of Peppers, not only do I have no one else really, but he did play before being shut down and medically redshirted).

Overall you did a really good job! I looked through about 20 teams just now. I do want to say that I very much agree with the sentiment that it's not just about stats, but it's about the way they effect the game (a DT like Suh for example) / electrifying (big plays).

LSU - I could see WR Dupree instead of Beckwith, although Beckwith isn't a bad option at all.

Michigan - I'd keep Peppers in, not sure why you feel it could / should be someone else. He's definitely in my top 3 for MICH.

Oregon - I don't really have a great argument, but I just don't see Byron Marshall as a top 3 impact player. I'd go "QB starter" like you did with Ohio State (which is smart) especially if Adams wins the job.

Texas A&M - I'd go Speedy Noil over Reynolds. He was injured some last year which kept productivity down a bit, but his return game coupled with his receiving ability would cause me to choose him over Reynolds. If Allen somehow loses the job to Kyler Murray (doubtful), I'd give him the impact player status given they are planning on running more this year than last from the QB position.

Last edited by solmon; 07-02-2015 at 02:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »