Home

NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #5921
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2015-16 Roster Update (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPmustangs75
Will be good to have you back editing again!

Whilst there is no official ratings rationale, there is a good post here about how each rating affects a players overall, along with how recruits are rated in dynasty. It is for NCAA 13 but I tried it out for 14 and it was spot on.
Definitely an interesting read!

It matches the info I have collected from 30 recruiting classes. The one difference is that I have found K/Ps can actually reach 86 OVR but are pretty rare (I found 11 throughout the 30 classes). Like PocketScout, I wasn't able to find any recruits that weren't K/P that were rated higher than 82 which is why I have been in favored in shifting the recruiting scale. The progression system already progresses non-K/P players too quickly and having players reach 83 and 84 when they aren't supposed to only compounds the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #5922
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey bud,

Out of curiosity, how many teams do you guys think you've completed? I'm seriously considering buying my friends ps3 console for this roster if these somehow cannot get converted to 360.

Amazing work. TIA.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #5923
Rookie

Also, if anyone ITT can or is willing to convert these to 360, I will Pay Pal you $.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #5924
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buganation7
Hey bud,

Out of curiosity, how many teams do you guys think you've completed? I'm seriously considering buying my friends ps3 console for this roster if these somehow cannot get converted to 360.

Amazing work. TIA.
Every team has been worked on to some point. I've color coded teams on the first page to the extent they have been edited. Red = Updated to fall camp/prospectus depth chart, Green = Updated to at least Week 1 depth chart, Blue = Finalized.

If it helps, there is an XBox conversion on the first page but it is really out of date (from September). Unfortunately, the users capable of conversions haven't been active in a long time.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #5925
Rookie

CPmustangs75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
Definitely an interesting read!

It matches the info I have collected from 30 recruiting classes. The one difference is that I have found K/Ps can actually reach 86 OVR but are pretty rare (I found 11 throughout the 30 classes). Like PocketScout, I wasn't able to find any recruits that weren't K/P that were rated higher than 82 which is why I have been in favored in shifting the recruiting scale. The progression system already progresses non-K/P players too quickly and having players reach 83 and 84 when they aren't supposed to only compounds the issue.
I definitely agree with you on this! I think shifting the scale for high school recruits downwards by 2 points to match EA is the best option. Progression is bad in dynasty especially if the recruit redshirt's. We will however have to create a separate scale for K/P as shifting the scale down will only worsen the problem with them. Did you collect any info on JUCO recruits? By memory I think dynasty rates JUCO players really poorly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 04:45 PM   #5926
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPmustangs75
I definitely agree with you on this! I think shifting the scale for high school recruits downwards by 2 points to match EA is the best option. Progression is bad in dynasty especially if the recruit redshirt's. We will however have to create a separate scale for K/P as shifting the scale down will only worsen the problem with them. Did you collect any info on JUCO recruits? By memory I think dynasty rates JUCO players really poorly.
I did. The ceilings are the same but the proportions are slightly different.

I haven't really looked into progression very far in-depth but I think the game compensates for the higher ratings for K/Ps with slower progression.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #5927
Rookie

CPmustangs75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
I did. The ceilings are the same but the proportions are slightly different.

I haven't really looked into progression very far in-depth but I think the game compensates for the higher ratings for K/Ps with slower progression.
This is definitely something we can build off.

What do you think about the range of ratings? On our current scale its 25 (59 to 84) whereas EA's is 32 (50 to 82). If we did expand it out then we would get more variability in recruit ratings which I do like.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #5928
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

I spent a lot of time last year with the injury/stamina scale and did a TON of testing with it. The 2 problems we always seem 2 have is either we all don't agree on what's proposed or somebody proposes something and people never get online 2 discuss it in the 1st place so we are always left waiting. I really would love it if we could all list what we want out of the rosters and what we would like changed. Vikes i am not sure if you have looked at the charts that i posted on here for Mustangs to look at or not but i am interested 2 hear what you think if you have. I know your not a big fan or measuring a players strength by their weight but like you said it can be very difficult to get a players bench press/squat information in the 1st place. So i propose we use a scale for their actual bench press/squat and one for their weight. Me and Mustangs have been talking a lot about the scale i showed him i revamped the strength scale and it seems pretty realistic 2 me. I will post the new 1 and will wait 2 hear what you have 2 say back on it. I like using the speed scale bcuz for some of these kids speed is all they have and i think A LOT of players speed were pretty far off this season especially at QB/WR/CB. Also i never understood why CB/FS/SS are not given any playmaker skills. I see a lot of guys with a 30 ish - 50 ish rating in elusiveness, vision, juke, spin and their receiving skills are often quite low. I also thought that a DL spin move, juke move, acceleration, and agility should all be tied together bcuz you cant have have 1 without the other.

Stength Scale: Updated Strength Scale.zip

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »