Home

NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 AM   #3073
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan

With that being said I always see people saying they would like to help and I have a task for some people if you would like to do so. A big reason that the rosters are getting better is because of the accuracy of the info we are using to create players. We use the SPARQ system as much as we can and I truly believe it is starting to pay dividends. With that being said they recently switched their website around an no longer put out the results in spreadsheet form. So if any of you would like to volunteer you time extracting that info from their website and putting it onto a spreadsheet for us it would be greatly appreciated!

This is the last event I added: ORLANDO E11 REGIONAL MARCH 18, 2018 NORTHEAST REGIONAL PARK

I also have this event which looks to be the last of the season thanks to Xotros: ELITE 11 REGIONAL LAS VEGAS MAY 12, 2018 BISHOP GORMAN HIGH SCHOOL
Here is the website:
https://www.theopening.com/2018-to-journey-results

Here is the spreadsheet I use:
Attachment 155626

Any help with this is greatly appreciated! If anybody decides to take on the task please let me know. Since they are all in picture form now the easiest way I found of doing this simply right clicking on the picture and copying and pasting it to a new window or page. This way it separates if from the entire picture and make the info easier to read. Also when you copy and paste the picture it will not do the whole page it only gives you whatever portion of the picture you clicked on. It's broken up on the SPARQ page even though it all looks like 1 picture it's not.
Working on the May 5th Canton Regional currently.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #3074
Rookie

OVR: 0

Why are accel and agilities so high in your guys rosters compared to how the game was originally made. For example Pocket Passers, Fullbacks and DT have very high Accel and Agility on your rosters where the way EA did things for years you never saw those high of numbers so I am wondering if that screws up the game a little?
Old 09-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #3075
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Arrow Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

XBOX360 Vikesfan Official Main Roster updated to 9-21-18.
Offline File is Below!
Teams updated/ added:
official W.Mich, Toledo,UTSA, PITT, Kentucky close to complete, UCF impact player.

(Updates have been incorporated into the Unofficial Mod)
GT=OutrunFire0290
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All offline files for The Modded PS3 & Xbox360 can be found on the other thread>>
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=111
(Mod Details are at this link)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Files
File Type: zip 9-21-18 Xbox360 Vikesfan Official Roster.zip (1.61 MB, 5 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #3076
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusAugustus
Why are accel and agilities so high in your guys rosters compared to how the game was originally made. For example Pocket Passers, Fullbacks and DT have very high Accel and Agility on your rosters where the way EA did things for years you never saw those high of numbers so I am wondering if that screws up the game a little?
The answer to this is twofold:

1) When we studied combine results for incoming players, we discovered that while there is quite a disparity between players in 40-yard-dash times, there is much less disparity in shuttle run times. The takeaway was that while top-end speed was highly differentiated, college football players almost universally have elite quickness.

2) In playtesting, we found that the higher AGI/ACC ratings made gameplay more lifelike, particularly in the way that the defense flows to the ball.

In terms of player type, we found that there was almost no visible (positive) difference between player types, but there were some negative consequences, particularly since AGI/ACC was closely tied to player type and was responsible for some of glitches in gameplay. What really matters is the individual player ratings, and we are willing to sacrifice the superficial player type for improved gameplay.

The long and short of it is that there are certain ratings that require particular ratios for realistic gameplay. These changes that the editing team has made (particularly BossHawg) have created a better game than what you originally got five years ago.

Rest assured, there is five years of research and play testing behind these ratings decisions. They weren't just pulled out of someone's tukas.

Best,
Mick
Old 09-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #3077
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMick7
They weren't just pulled out of someone's tukas.

Best,
Mick
I love when certain terminology is kept alive. Your use of "tukas" made me smile inside. Well done. I also learned the word is deeper than I previously knew:

Tukas is a village in Shuil Rural District, Rahimabad District, Rudsar County, Gilan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 281, in 80 families.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #3078
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusAugustus
Here is my question for you. How come EA Sports doesn't have any consistency between the NCAA series and Madden? When you look at their rosters everything for the most part is pretty random and things do not correlate together on a regular basis. It looks as though almost every stat for a player is random and there is no guideline to follow. U see the fastest players with the a higher speed or the stronger RB's with a higher break tackle but that's kind of where it ends. This system makes every stat count for the most part and it also ties a lot of things together. It also follows a guideline based off real life combine times and so on. It also shows football for exactly what it is in real life.

Elite speed is rare but elite quickness clearly is not. The sub 4's and 4.15 range is more rare for quickness but beyond that there are a lot of guys running 4.25's and so on. I did a average of every position in CFB minus K/P based off of combine times and almost every position on offense averaged around a 4.22 or a little higher. For the most part though they all fell around that number. It's the 40 times that very the most. People also confuse elite quickness for speed and I get tricked by this at times too. I always tell people to watch how fast most QB's feet move in the pocket and u will start to get an idea of how quick some of these guys are.

Ironically the FB position is most certainly known for having quick players who lack speed. I think the game itself even makes FB recruits who on a regular are in the high 80's to lower 90's in acceleration. Most DL have good to great quickness but terrible speed. I spent a ton of time building this man and wasted more hours of my life than I care to admit lol. Point blank thr system works and to me it's the only system in football that is uniformed and resembles what high level real life football looks like. We as a group are brainwashed by Madden and games of that nature and consider those ratings to be the normal. The only problem is those ratings are random and very rarely are they consistent. If each team gave us laser timed combine times for every player this game would be nearly perfect in that aspect but that's not going to happen so this is thr best we can offer.

Have you played any games yet with this set? Especially with the sliders since they both tie onto each other. If you have and you're still not happy with the results then I don't think we will ever have s product you will enjoy. If you haven't then I suggest you do so and come back and tell us what you think.
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs
Old 09-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #3079
Rookie

UravenzownU's Arena

OVR: 2

Do these rosters work with the EA DB Dynasty editors?

Or has anyone successfully used the editor wit these rosters for there dynasty?

Cause I'm having trouble putting it in the DB Editor

But my old roster saves are working with the DB Editor
Old 09-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #3080
Just started!

Hey Guys, relatively new here and love all the great work you are doing. I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing so don't take this the wrong way, but I noticed that on the latest VikingsFan mod roster that TCU has barely been touched. I just wanted to know if there's anything I could do to help with this because I grew up really close to the campus and have been a fan ever since. Plus they're supposed to be really good this year (2nd half vs Ohio State notwithstanding) and I would love to seem them completed. I could put together a depth chart if you guys think that would help. Keep up the great work y'all and thanks for keeping this game alive!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »