Home

NCAA Football 14: 2019-2020 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2019-2020 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2019, 12:22 AM   #1321
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2019-2020 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdu11
Its funny to me how freshmen who havent even seen the field get such high ratings and speed but someone like Toney who just outran the entire Miami defense is considered a 83-84 speed guy. Making freshmen so good that arent top recruits isnt fun for people who like dynasty
At least if you're going to argue a point narrow it down some for us. There are over 14,000 players on the game so being a little more specific would help lol. He ran past the entire defense bcuz everybody had already ran past him toward the LOS lol, once he broke a tackle there was basically nobody left to catch him. I mean maybe you're right, and maybe I am wrong. I watch a ton of tape on players all the time and he just doesn't jump off as having elite speed. Elite quickness most definitely. A lot of people do not recognize the difference between speed and acceleration and sometimes it really runs people over. The guys with elite speed pull away and everyone is 20 yards behind them, the guys with elite quickness shootout 20 yards from the LOS in a matter of seconds and slowly the faster players on D catch up to them.

It's not hard to figure out that if everyone is running around 10-20 mph one way and the other team is doing the same the other way and somebody misses a tackle all of a sudden a guy is gone. That doesn't mean he is fast, it means someone missed a tackle and he blew by him at a good pace. Great example of this is the OL Dan Connolly from the Patriots that caught a squib kick and went down the field like 40 yards before someone caught up to him. Does that mean he has elite speed too?

Which freshmen bother you the most and why? Are they on my teams or someone else's?

Everything we do is designed for Dynasty so I am not sure where you're trying to go with that. If you want recruits rated lower tell them to player worse in HS and JUCO, if you want your favorite player faster tell him to run faster the next time he runs a 40 during a combine. This system isn't perfect but it's fair! You're complaining about something using nothing to back it up. I can do this for days bcuz I have spent the past 4-5 years of my life watching film on thousands of players to try and make a system that is legit as possible. Do we miss some here and there? Absolutely! Do we try as hard as we can to make these rosters as true to life as possible? Absolutely!

At anytime you want you can hit the edit player option and make anyone anything u want. Our recruiting ratings system is the same as what the game itself creates. So again, tell EA Sports next time to rate freshmen lower or fix their player progression system so they don't go from a FR to RS FR rated a 85 overall without ever seeing the field. But, if you do rate freshmen lower good luck on ever having impact freshmen again. It's not their ratings that's the problem, it's the progression in Dynasty and sense I don't work for EA Sports there is nothing I can do about that.
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs

Last edited by BossHawgMichigan; 08-25-2019 at 06:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 01:17 AM   #1322
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Miami's OL may need to be re-edited lol. That was brutal!!!
Yeah, that was really rough. Freshman QB too. They didn't give him any time. But Miami beat their selves. Florida didn't look so good .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-25-2019, 01:25 AM   #1323
Rookie

You guys were right on for Miami and Florida this year. It's too early to say that ratings for either team should change. I didn't think it would be as close but I can see why you guys rated them the way you did. I don't think either team should be downgraded.

I just sent this as a compliment that you guys had the game more realistic then what most commentators had thought it would be.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 01:30 AM   #1324
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxworx
Any timeline on when Ohio State's rosters for 2019 will be completed?
If you notice on the first page, the person tasked with doing Ohio State hasn't completed a single team assigned to them. So I'd have to guess those teams will be the very last ones done, once someone else ends up actually doing them. Hopefully some of the guys that finished their work are willing to jump into the incomplete teams. This process gets slower and slower each year (obviously). I mean, it's not like I can complain though, I'm not the one doing the edits lol
Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #1325
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

What are your favorite teams to use with the new rosters?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2019, 01:47 AM   #1326
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher
What are your favorite teams to use with the new rosters?
Florida, Virginia Tech, Penn State

I love neutral site games and tough road games.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #1327
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfl410
Considering freshman overall ratings are based complete on recruiting rankings, the irony here is hilarious...

As for speed, it’s based completely on 40 times. If you think Toney is faster, find a legitimate 40 time and it’ll get changed. Good luck.

I'm a huge Gator fan... Toney runs like a 4.6 he isn't that fast. He's extremely elusive & deceptively strong. His acceleration is elite, but top end speed is average.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...kadarius-toney

Last edited by Deflo_; 08-25-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #1328
Rookie

Thanks again to everyone who worked on these rosters. Just wanted to share some info on the first two games.

Our sim had Florida beating Miami 30-27. Actual score 24-20.

Arizona vs Hawaii was the EXACT score, but the teams were flipped.
Sim: Arizona 45, Hawaii 38. Actual score Hawaii 45, Arizona 38.

This is with 8 minute quarters and I have tweaked Boss's sliders a little for CPU vs CPU. I would say the first two sims were pretty darn accurate. Great job guys!

(Also, playoffs came out 1.Michigan, 2.Alabama, 3.Clemson, 4.Georgia. Michigan vs Clemson in the National Championship. We are doing that game live tomorrow night at 9PM ET)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »