Home

Running back ability slider

This is a discussion on Running back ability slider within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7
Running back ability slider

This question is for you guys who have done a lot of slider testing.

The running back ability slider effects running back speed when he is the ball carrier no doubt.
But...
Does this slider effect his speed when he goes out for a pass?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Running back ability slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
This question is for you guys who have done a lot of slider testing.

The running back ability slider effects running back speed when he is the ball carrier no doubt.
But...
Does this slider effect his speed when he goes out for a pass?
I am pretty certain it only effects the offensive player with the ball regardless of position. So a WR will run at normal until he gets the ball in his hands, then the slider takes over.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I am pretty certain it only effects the offensive player with the ball regardless of position. So a WR will run at normal until he gets the ball in his hands, then the slider takes over.
100% agree

Old 10-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Thanks guys, I have this set at 40 for human in our dynasty so it was hard for me to tell what else was effected other than ball carrier speed.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

No doubt it does. Set it too high and watch your receivers break a tackle and......it's 6. That's the frustrating thing about this is that if you do bump it up with hopes of improving the CPU running game, it will also affects the receivers too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Just a quick question... When you put RBA at 40, doesn't that make your RB slower than the defense? It seems like a running back with 90 speed should be able to run with a CB with 90 speed. This is the same reason I can't stand putting RBA higher for the CPU but rather raise RB and lower HUM tackling for a more realistic CPU running game. Sorry for the off topic question, but this always has me wondering.

Thanks...
Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Just a quick question... When you put RBA at 40, doesn't that make your RB slower than the defense? It seems like a running back with 90 speed should be able to run with a CB with 90 speed. This is the same reason I can't stand putting RBA higher for the CPU but rather raise RB and lower HUM tackling for a more realistic CPU running game. Sorry for the off topic question, but this always has me wondering.

Thanks...
In my opinion, lowering the RBA will slow the RB down. Especially with acceleration. I've been playing on between varsity and AA. I keep my HUM RB at 50 (Varisty/AA)and drop the CPU tck rating to 30 on AA and 40-45 on varsity. I keep CPU RBA at 60 for varsity with HUM tackle at 30. On AA I set the CPU RBA at 65 with HUM tck at 30. I get decent results.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

HUM RBA changes speed and acceleration. Moving this slider above 50 for HUM means you will be able to outrun players of the same speed/acc assuming they have average pursuit and tackle ratings.

I've seen that raising the CPU TKL rating will result in less user broken tackles and more tackles on juke/spin moves. I've also seen better pursuit angles in the backfield on runs (CPU DE's and OLB's won't let you just burst outside of the tackles on every run). I cannot think of any good reason for anyone to have HUM RBA above 50, but to each his own.

The main reason to raise CPU RBA is to make up for the lack of instinctive running by the AI and bad angles taken by runners. With CPU RBA higher, the CPU will hit holes faster, juke to the outside on inside runs, and truly breakaway when they are supposed to.

If you merely raise CPU Run Block and lower HUM TKL, then you're only vulnerable to elite speed backs who can benefit from the additional broken tackles. Power backs need to have the RBA boost to have any effectiveness beyond 5 yds downfield.

The HUM TKL rating seems to affect the CPU controlled players on your team more than the user controlled tackles because the user has complete control over pursuit angles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »