Home

Sliders for Human-human play

This is a discussion on Sliders for Human-human play within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Sliders for Human-human play

I'm looking for an AA slider set that works welll for human vs human games. I run an OD where it's mainly user games. So I struggle finding an option between leaving the sliders at default, and using a slider set that's designed for games against the computer.

Does default AA work better than I'm giving it credit for?
Is there a good set of sliders for human-human play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Sliders for Human-human play

Sliders do not affect HUM vs HUM at all. SECelites are the best playing sliders in my opinion for when you play the CPU. Otherwise .. AA is a great game of football HUM vs HUM. Setting the Speed Theshold lower than default will make the game play better as you can get some seperation etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

this is the question ive wondered all along..i only play against my friends so the cpu aspect of sliders is irrelevant to me. however,i disagree with you sydeburnz. ive played a ton of human-human games and they are HEAVILY affected by sliders, only the human side of sliders obviously. Ive been trying to find/make a great human-human slider set, but it is tough.. here are things ive figured so far:

1. Any skill level above varsity will result in there being no way to run play action effectively..ive played on heisman and aa forever and ive finally concluded that varsity is a must if your style of game includes play action.

2. the pass coverage slider affects both man and zone, and by default, man is too good and zone is not good enough..the only way i knowto counter this is by making the speed threshold 0 so routes can get separation, but still good corners make better jumps and plays on the ball.. heres where qb accuracy comes into play. On 0 (5 for aa and hesiman), the qb can wildly off and you have to find the correct way to position the stick for each route. in a way this is good because it makes you think about the route before you throw, more realism, however some throws are just ridiculously off. ON 5 (10 for heisman and aa) the qb does make some off throws but forthe most part is pretty dang good and pressure and a little off throws dont seem prevalent enough..tough decision.

3. the run blocking combo with run defense can never be set to balance power i and undercenter running games along with shotgun running plays. If set around 25-35, the undercenter game works well but the shotgun runs are way too hard. however at 45-50, the shotgun works ok but the undercenter runs are ridiculously well blocked and seven, eight yards a pop is common.

Lastly, i have decided that going into each db and lb playing editing and lowering their man coveerage could help the pass d, but how much do i lower it by? also, could lowering an o lines run footwork help in zone blocking? if anyone else has solutions, i would love to know.. however, sliders do effect human-human games, ive gone to practice mode by myself countless times with two controllers and just tested and tested and tested and sliders definitely play a role
Old 11-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

The test to verify sliders do not affect HUM vs HUM is to set Kick Power and Accuracy to zero for HUMs. Play with CPU and try a kick .... you will shank/miss miserably ... then Play your friend and you will nail a 50 yarder.

Its been discussed at length in the past and I believe it to be so.

And to make my point .. if ther ewas such a thing you wouldnt see one mention of HUM vs CPU sliders on this forum. It would all be about HUM vs HUM... I rest my case

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 11-04-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

There's no way the sliders don't effect user-user games.

I've played in multiple ODs with different slider sets and you can see a definite difference. The simple test for this is the QB accuracy slider. It's def harder to throw in some ODs vs humans than it is in ranked/unranked games because the accuracy sliders are generally lower.

I'm just going put it on default AA with minor adjustments and then just go from there. Not worth worrying about anymore.

Last edited by poopoop; 11-05-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't say if human vs human games use sliders, but I CAN say it would make no sense if they did. Slider sets are adjusted based on a balance between human and CPU. Which side gets to use the CPU sliders?

Plus you couldn't just use the human settings for both sides because it would create a wild imbalance since they are balanced against different cpu sliders, which you've now eliminated.

For instance let's say you find passing against the CPU too hard, so you pumped up your human passing sliders. At the same time you find defending the pass too easy so you lower your own passing defensive sliders. Now in a human vs human game suddenly both sides have pumped up offensive passing with lowered defensive pass defense and passing is ridiculously easy. This is just an example but you can see if this were the case I think it'd be blatantly obvious because the games would be so badly balanced in human vs human games. Thus I'm inclined to believe sliders are simply set at default for those games.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

sliders very much effect Human vs Human games. The game just uses User sliders for both parties playing the game. You may test this with the pass catching slider. Lower to 0 for the user only. Both player one and two will have difficulty completing passes. The game for user vs user games does not use the CPU settings.

Last edited by SECElit3; 11-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »