Home

Game Speed and Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on Game Speed and Speed Threshold within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game Speed and Speed Threshold

I have heard it's best to set the speed threshold to a lower setting. Is 25 realistic and fun to use?

Is game speed better set to slow than normal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Game Speed and Speed Threshold

Anything below 40 I honestly can't tell a difference.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Takes about 8 Minutes to test it

Originally the Speed Threshold preferred by everyone was 43

Zero appears to stop most if not all the warping and is the way most slider sets are going atm

Jistics is using 65 which speeds up linemen etc and makes for a tougher Game but there is more/some warping.

As for animation speed. Slow allows for more animation time which in turn allows more and different animations to take place. It also makes a 'smoother' feeling game at the cost of not playing as fast as "real" NCCAF.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

the higher the threshhold. the less big plays youll see. There is still separtion between faster and slower players, but the sepration seems to happen more naturally.
I have mine set at 65. before that I had it at 40-43. That result IMO was unrealistic, cause once a rb got through the hole not even safety or db could adjust and catch them. this resulted in alot of 30+ yard gains with alot of touchdowns.
with the threshold higher the rb will still have nice gains but the dbs, safeties, make the adjustment quicker, so its harder for the rb to get by without making an extra move. before that it was just straight line running.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Normal 43 is actually the right setting. I did some math along with testing and replay and found that 43 is just right. I used a player who was 60 speed up against a player who was 99 speed. By using the conversion chart I used 40 times and figured out that a guy who runs a 4.24 should beat guy who runs 5.02 by 5.7 yards. Thats where I brought in replay and adjusted threshold til there was that amount of seperation.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »