Home

Old 10-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
NCAA 11 Sliders

Last Updated 12/31/10
These will be my final slider set.
These sliders are originally from playmakers varsity slider set which i have played quiet a few games and made some tweaks to more fit my play style. i then started an online dynasty with 2 of my brothers and actually took a 4 game average from all of our games and compared them to the real life averages of those games. so these sliders are after i have made a few more tweaks from looking at those results. so this is averaged from 3 different people's playing style and stats. i personally really like them but of course all credit goes to playmakers for extensively testing out his set just so i could have a good starting set for my self. thanks for all the hard work u do in the gaming community playmakers.

Game Options

Skill-------------------Varsity
QTR-------------------8 Min (This is at a pretty good level for us but u could go to 9 if u pass alot, i chose not to due to scores looking about right at this setting)
Game Speed-----------Normal (Just switched to this from slow and i really think that the game feels alot more fluid and players will accelerate better then on slow)
Speed Threshold-------25
Recruiting Difficulty----All American (I'm glad they added a difficulty for this as it was before i think they just went on the game difficulty to determine how hard it was to recruit. it is challenging and more realistic at this level)

Penalties

All 100 except Holding, Facemask, and Clipping are at 55 (The game avg for this was actually a little low compared to real life but i chose to keep them the same since u can generate a good amount of penalties in some games.)

AI

Human/CPU

QB Accuracy-----15/35
Pass Blocking----50/50
WR Catching----45/50 (I play with balanced catching in game plan, if you play conservative you will probably never drop it even with someone who has low catching)
RB Ability-------50/50
Run Blocking----25/80
Pass Coverage--55/70 or 75 if it seems easy for you to pass
Pass Rush------25/75 (I play aggressive jump snap, so if u are not getting many sacks then i would reccomend using this)
Interceptions---40/40
Rush Defense---5/100
Tackling--------50/50 (I wouldn't try to do aggressive on strip ball or you see too many broken tackles)
FG Power-------20/20
FG Accuracy----60/60
Punt Power-----5/55
Punt Accuracy--55/75
Kickoff Power---40/55

Auto Subs (These i just left the same as what playmakers had it set as)
Out/In
QB----65/70
RB----80/85
WR---80/85
FB/TE-80/85
OL----65/70
DT----80/85
DE----80/85
LB----80/85
CB----70/85
S-----80/85

once again much thanks goes to playmakers for giving me a good starting set to work with and convincing me that u can have good realistic games on varsity if u tweak the the sliders in favor of the cpu. it seems to cheat u less in the game on the easier difficulties. u should find these sliders to be pretty realistic and challenging against good teams but u should still blow out the suck teams if u are a top school. would like for anyone to try these out and see what they think. hopefully these will be better then my madden sliders lol which i have just about given up on that game as ncaa football just seems to be a much smoother game for me. i almost wish i could play madden with this programming engine.

Last edited by jHorns; 12-31-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Updated Sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 11 Sliders

Interesting; I might give these a shot. What kind of rushing stats are you seeing from the CPU with these settings? My initial reaction is that increasing User Tackle to 45 and dropping CPU run blocking (compared to PM's set) might weaken the CPU's running game too much.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Interesting; I might give these a shot. What kind of rushing stats are you seeing from the CPU with these settings? My initial reaction is that increasing User Tackle to 45 and dropping CPU run blocking (compared to PM's set) might weaken the CPU's running game too much.
i increased the user tackling because i was seeing just way too many broken tackles. in my game against oklahoma their rb got 10 just by himself. which is basically the only reason i lost that game, which went into triple ot. i play more of a sim game when it comes to defense though, so if u actively control your defense and hit stick them alot then u might want to take tackling down to 40 or 35. it seems to be good for me at 45. this is why i say that i have configured these sliders based on mine and my brothers playing styles, so these are basically a happy middle ground between the 3 of us. i would advise though since i moved catching up to 45 now that u do not call conservative catching or else they will never ever drop it. this is what i was doing when i had catching at 30 and 35 and my guys had like 2 drops all season for the whole team. i will configure another average after we play another week making it 3 games since i configured the first averages. but so far i think these are pretty good for us.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Banned

we are in the second season of our od and these sliders are working good for us. i am updating sliders every 3 games and tweaking them as nescessary. i think for the most part all of them are good, the only ones that i am working on now is the cpu run block since their ypc is still a little low but i know that is mainly because of the sacks since they count sacks as a rushing attempt. we are averaging around 4 to 5 sacks per game per team. so obviously that is still too high so i have been tweaking it down as we go, right now i just tweaked it down to 20. i only move a slider up or down one click and then see the results after we have all played 3 games. so cpu run block and player pass rush are basically the only sliders i am really looking at right now.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Banned

my final slider set is up! i dont anticipate changing anything unless i want to get picky about the penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Banned

i have a 4 person dynasty going now and after playing many games with these sliders and tweaking along the way i have come to a conclusion. while u can still get pretty realistic stats with these sliders on varsity you are still beating the cpu by a pretty good margin, even good teams and even with the sliders tweaked heavily in the cpu's favor. so the bottom line is that u can get some great raw stats with these sliders that would look realistic, but u dont play for stats, u play to win the game! i have decided that the only real way to get a realistic challenge is to bump up to all american difficulty. i am hoping that the cpu will make less dumb mistakes and be smarter in their decisions at this level because this is the main reason for blow outs on the varsity level. what i will be doing is averaging the top 5 views on this forum of ncaa 11 all american sliders and using this as a starting set for our dynasty. it seems that more people play at this difficulty level so i would assume it is because its not too easy or too hard like heisman which might tend to cheat you too much. i will be tweaking along the way as i was doing before. but i am just convinced that all american has to be the way to go, varsity is just not cutting it for us anymore lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by wringle
The game of softball is an interesting game both to play and view. This game comes with various types of gears for the players. The basic gear includes bats, balls, gloves, helmets and the uniforms. The game of softball is played as the slow pitch and the fast pitch. It was initially known as the indoor baseball.
Say what?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Say what?
troll. anyway im not playing ncaa anymore since madden has come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »