Home

ILiveForThis and authentic's Simulation Saturday Slider Project

This is a discussion on ILiveForThis and authentic's Simulation Saturday Slider Project within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #3297
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: ILiveForThis and authentic's Simulation Saturday Slider Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
With the new AA level designation and the 90s CPU run block, are you seeing the 10+ CPU pancakes per game? Every time I go back to this level and a similar setting, the CPU can only run by knocking lots of people over, which sticks in my craw.
You want lower pancake blocks? Fine, lower the run block BUT watch the cpu run for -30 yards per game (not including QB sacks).

There's simply NO workaround for this. Sticks in all our craw's, but we'll have to live with it... EA failed in this, it's that simple.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #3298
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Had to boost up Hum pass blocking to many of my linemen on their backs. I don't like how EA only has about 3 animations for the pass rush.

Last edited by Michgantown; 08-18-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #3299
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
For those that missed this I'll post it again. After years and years of playing Madden/NCAA most have become accustomed to having 4-5 seconds to make a read and throw the ball, but unfortunately that's not how it works in the real game. Like this coach says he was even shocked to see most QB's go from snap to release in just 2.3 seconds, an insanely quick amount of time. In the NFL in 2010 the average sack happened at the 2.7 second mark. Coaching wise, a sack beyond the 3 second mark is traditionally blamed on the QB NOT the offensive line. Here's a link and a quote to peruse.
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/23/wh...ben-roethlisb/

Here's the quote from the HS coach, this to me was the most telling of all. Reading this has given me a new appreciation for a QB's skill in reading, reacting, and executing in such a small window. Lot's of folks on this site have been slamming the AI safeties for their poor play, but the fact of the matter is ANY safety is going to consistently be beaten when a QB is getting 4-5-6 seconds to stand there and wait to heave the long ball.
Except you ignore half the scenario ... While a QB might in real life only have 2.7 seconds to throw the ball, receivers also run their routes quicker. In this game, it takes the computer 2.5 seconds to run a 10 yard out...

What it leads to is users ignoring the primary receivers and simply dinking and dunking to the TE, slot, and RB's. It has been a problem in EA games for years, that your TE/slot/RB's can easily put up 20+ receptions a game, rendering your primary receivers useless do to the time it takes them to run their routes. To me, that isn't fun, because it is unrealistic. The game may become tighter because big plays are limited because you have less time to pass and examine, but now a ton of routes (not just streaks or posts) become borderline useless.

In turn, most people's catches with their primary receivers are slants and curls... But to each their own.

Regardless I'll try a game with more of a block first mentality with a real outside weapon and see what happens.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #3300
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Except you ignore half the scenario ... While a QB might in real life only have 2.7 seconds to throw the ball, receivers also run their routes quicker. In this game, it takes the computer 2.5 seconds to run a 10 yard out...

What it leads to is users ignoring the primary receivers and simply dinking and dunking to the TE, slot, and RB's. It has been a problem in EA games for years, that your TE/slot/RB's can easily put up 20+ receptions a game, rendering your primary receivers useless do to the time it takes them to run their routes. To me, that isn't fun, because it is unrealistic. The game may become tighter because big plays are limited because you have less time to pass and examine, but now a ton of routes (not just streaks or posts) become borderline useless.

In turn, most people's catches with their primary receivers are slants and curls... But to each their own.

Regardless I'll try a game with more of a block first mentality with a real outside weapon and see what happens.
Like I stated, we want a sim game, but we aren't willing to accept what is simulation football. Receivers run their routes fine, I have no problems running an out with time running down in the 4th, they take a realistic amount of time. Like I said, if you can't handle it, make it easier.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #3301
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Just had the CPU execute a nice read option play on me. It gained around 40-50 yards and I was pretty impresses because I hasn't seen that lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #3302
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

Also this a little off topic but I think at this point EA is trolling me. I started a dynasty with Maryland mainly to play with Stefon diggs( Freshmen WR) but e keeps getting hurt. He played 1 quarter in my 1st game and now he got hurt the second quarter of my second game and will be out for 3 weeks.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #3303
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
Also this a little off topic but I think at this point EA is trolling me. I started a dynasty with Maryland mainly to play with Stefon diggs( Freshmen WR) but e keeps getting hurt. He played 1 quarter in my 1st game and now he got hurt the second quarter of my second game and will be out for 3 weeks.
They probably are. Your battlefield account will be deleted too I'm sure.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #3304
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
They probably are. Your battlefield account will be deleted too I'm sure.
Don't even joke about things like that lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »