Home

Slider Guru's help

This is a discussion on Slider Guru's help within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
Slider Guru's help

So I've been playing around with All-American. Started out at default, and while the game played well, the CPU offense was lacking.

I have the current sliders:

Normal/50

QBA 50/100
PB 50/60
WRC 50/60
RBA 50/100
RBL 50/75
PCV 100/50
PRH 40/50
INT 30/30
RDF 45/50
TKL 50/50

I am comfortable with how the human offense is playing. Played as Syracuse vs USC, and have seen anywhere from 370 yards offense to 428. I'm happy with that, very comfortable, nothing cheap.

I'm close to being comfortable with the CPU running game (USC this last game ran 32-118 -- Redd 19/103). So if anything the CPU running game needs a minor tweak, maybe another bump in either run blocking or RBA, maybe both.

The passing game is the bane of my existence at the moment. This last game, Barkley, went 22/45 237 0-1, and I am not at all happy with that, since USC should be shredding Syracuse through the air.

Question is: What sliders control the CPU Passing game?

Is it as simple as QBA, PB, and HUM Coverage? What settings could I try to make the CPU passing game take off?

Last edited by pdiehm; 08-25-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Changed Slider Settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Slider Guru's help

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
So I've been playing around with All-American. Started out at default, and while the game played well, the CPU offense was lacking.

I have the current sliders:

Normal/50

QBA 50/100
PB 50/60
WRC 50/50
RBA 50/60
RBL 50/75
PCV 100/50
PRH 50/50
INT 30/30
RDF 50/50
TKL 50/50

I am comfortable with how the human offense is playing. Played as Syracuse vs USC, and have seen anywhere from 370 yards offense to 428. I'm happy with that, very comfortable, nothing cheap.

I'm close to being comfortable with the CPU running game (USC this last game ran 32-118 -- Redd 19/103). So if anything the CPU running game needs a minor tweak, maybe another bump in either run blocking or RBA, maybe both.

The passing game is the bane of my existence at the moment. This last game, Barkley, went 22/45 237 0-1, and I am not at all happy with that, since USC should be shredding Syracuse through the air.

Question is: What sliders control the CPU Passing game?

Is it as simple as QBA, PB, and HUM Coverage? What settings could I try to make the CPU passing game take off?
Its going to take alot of testing again to find out what the tuner actually did. With EA, there is any number of possibilities. SLiders could be reversed, pass blocking could be the run blocking sliders, etc. There is also a chance they unreversed the pass coverage slider. That would be the first thing I would look at, because having at 100 now, may be killing the AI passing. Also, don't put the AI passing at 100, if anything leave passing at default. There was something majorly wrong with that slider before the tuner but II know it played worse with QBA at 100.

You are going to just have to move everything around and go by what you see. In theory, your logic is correct, but we're dealing with an EA tuner here, so who knows.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
MVP

Ok.

For CPU:

QBA 100
WRC 60
PB 60
RB 75
RBA 75

HUM:

PR 40
RD 45
PCV: 100

USC ran 34/138. Barkley was 29/44 313.

Getting closer. Noticed that the CPU RBs were doing some really odd stuff. Missing holes, spinning, running right into tacklers. Trying CPU RBA at 100 and seeing how that goes.

I'm starting to think that the CPU passing game may be as good as it's going to get as elite QB's don't play like elite QB's.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

This game, I raised the CPU RB ability to 100, and changed the coaching sliders on offense to a more aggressive scheme.

Drastic changes in performance.

Barkley: 21/27 262 0-1
Kessler: 2/2 50
Redd: 1/1 70 1-0

USC Rushing: 38/154-3
USC Passing: 24/30 382 1-1

Is it as simple as changing the coaching slider for teams to a more aggressive playcalling scheme to get them to perform at their best?

I'm going to leave my sliders as is, and put the coaching slider back to where it was and check it out.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
MVP

No coaching sliders in this one:

USC 51
Syracuse 27

Rushing: 33/149-1
Passing: 33/41 472 5-1

I liked how the CPU played. Specifically how Barkley played. He played like an elite QB. Keep in mind I didn't control anyone so it was essentially a cpu/cpu game, but still. I liked it.

Now to try these against an average to below avg QB and see how he does.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »