Home

How to create your own sliders and have fun with NCAA 13

This is a discussion on How to create your own sliders and have fun with NCAA 13 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
How to create your own sliders and have fun with NCAA 13

A few months back I was asking people this question. After weeks of making adjustments, reading what people were saying on here, and testing I've got a pretty decent idea on how to create sliders that can make the game more fun for you. Everyone plays the game different and that's why you'll see 50% complaining about something and 50% loving something. Sometimes you're even in the 1% where nobody is having this issue but you. Well, there is a way to fix it.

1) Pick a base slider set. This could be All-American original settings if you want. What's better is taking a slider set you have tried and tweaking it to make it yours. The person making the slider set you are using could be extremely good at rushing the ball while you're average. This is why the tweaks are necessary.

2) Once you have your base slider set, get playing a couple games. Really pay attention, even take notes if you have to. The stats do not tell the story all the time.

3) Remember that 1 thing you change could affect different aspects of the game. Example being that RB Ability is not just the rusher but rather whoever has the ball. If the QB scrambles, RB ability comes into play. If the WR catches a pass, RB ability comes into play. Keep these things in mind.

4) The most important thing is to understand what each slider does or doesn't do.

Threshold - This is how fast one guy is compared to another. At 0 you will see more of a difference of a 1 point acceleration or 1 point speed differential. At 100, this will likely be not noticeable at all.

Accuracy - This slider doesn't seem to really matter. It seems it's more awareness of the QB than anything. If you have this at 100, your QB will make the "right" decision a lot more often. At a lower level, they will make the "wrong" decision more often. Remember this is a game and even the "right" decision is not truly the right decision. I had this at 100 with a scrambling QB and he decided taking off and running was the right thing to do. At 5, he passed a lot more actually completing some passes for big gains.

Pass Blocking - Seems to be how long the offensive line holds their blocks. Also the higher the # the more aware they seem to be in picking up blitzes.

WR Catching - How good the player is at catching the ball. They also seem to run the routes more precise with this higher. More willing to jump and make a grab. I've found with a lower QB accuracy and higher WR catch, you get more animations like the diving and jumping for the ball since the pass is not perfect.

RB Ability - I talked about this earlier. It's the ability to run when the ball is in the hands of any player of any position. They will pick better holes to run through, break more tackles, leap, etc.

Run Blocking - This is very similar to the pass blocking but only happens when you are running. The higher the # the more aware the lineman seem to be. You will see blocks down field and they will attempt to block the first man so you can get by. Also creates pancake stats.

Pass Coverage - This is quite simply how closely the defensive backs mirror the receivers. In man to man this can be a problem unless your WR is a lot faster than their CB. In zone if this is set too high you will see a lot of passes being jumped by the safeties and corners. It's also VERY important to note that this slider is inverted (0 is actually the highest number) for the user. The slider works correctly for the CPU.

Pass Rush - One of the few sliders that actually says what it does. The intensity of the pass rush will increase with this slider. You will see the blockshed stat come into play here the higher the slider.

Interceptions - How often those bad throws become turnovers. Another important thing to note is the higher this slider is, the less likely the DB glitch happens. This is because the defensive backs will play the ball better. So if I'm running 4 verticals with 2 deep safeties and throw the ball to one that isn't covered, the higher this number is, the better chance the safety can get over and make a play on the ball. It doesn't completely eliminate the glitch but it certainly helps.

Rush Defense - Breaking blocks and getting in position to make the tackle against the run. This slider seems to be working and more sensitive post patch.

Tackling - The slider that probably can help or hurt your slider set the most. It is so many things more than actually just the success or non-success of the tackle. The higher the # the better pursuit angles the cpu will take, increase pass rush, increase rush defense, etc. Just think of everything that involves tackling and this is the slider for it all. My suggestion is to find a good number and just stick with it. Don't mess with it again unless you absolutely have to.

Hopefully this helps some of you create a good slider set that caters to the way you play. All of us play differently and no slider set is perfect for anyone but the creator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Re: How to create your own sliders and have fun with NCAA 13

Sundown2600

Quote:
Guys I would suggest you do your best to find a way to make the game as difficult as possible on Varsity if you are beating teams handily that you should struggle against and if you are struggling with this Varsity set make the game easier. This is a damn good set and after hours of testing on All American I am convinced that this game does not play out realistically at all on that setting. We can assume Heisman is worse. The main culprits in no particular order are - Play Recog ratings (too high across the board), Awareness ratings (Too low across the board), and a Rush Def slider that does not work as it should in Play Now or Dynasty Mode. Let's take a look at how all three of these issues culminate into the one big cluster you know what called the Speed Option.

Rush Defense slider

In Practice mode on yesterday I was able to break down the issues with this play extensively. After running this play several times against different defenses to each side of the field there was one constant when the Rush D was set at default. The pitch man and the QB were covered on virtually every play. This is just flat out wrong ppl. A play has no chance to work if the defense is guaranteed to read it 98 percent of the time. I did not see a marked difference in the way the defense read this play until I took the slider down under 10. It was then that I saw the defense staying with the QB more often which allowed the QB to pitch the ball to his HB for a decent gain. There was a nice mix of the D keying on both the HB and the QB or the QB alone. Issue fixed right? Nope. Since the Rush D slider controls the block shedding of the defense as well as Play Recog there were way too many D players under pancakes during the course of every play. Not a good look. So we see now how the Rush D slider cannot fix the speed option issue without hurting the defense too much in other aspects. To complicate matters the Play recog effects are lessened in Play Now and Dynasty games and the Block Shedding effect seems to work as intended full force. This is more proof that we cannot rely on the sliders because they for one control too many gameplay aspects and they don't work well in the gameplay modes that matter most. Go figure.

Awareness

The awareness of players in this game is too low. I'm not the one who came up with this I won't take credit for that, but I am a good listener and I know how to accept what works and what doesn't, just like the Romans did. The second reason why the Speed Option is doomed to fail everytime the CPU calls that play is because the QB and HB are dumb as hell most of the time! When BCV and Awareness is low the QB will not make good pitch vs keep decisions. If the HB is dumb he is more likely to freak out and drift back 15 yrds for no reason whatsoever. I'm not saying a smart HB won't do it, but he is less likely to do it if the D breaks up the play, which they always do. There is only one way to fix this. Either do it or keep complaining like Playmakers used to say.

Play Recog

This is the final piece of the puzzle. For the really skilled guys who are having a hard time getting the CPU offense to score points. You need to lower the Play recog rating of all of your Def players. They are recognizing the speed option too quickly and the CPU will never have a chance. Yeah it's annoying, but either do this or keep playing as is because sliders are very, very limited in what they can do.

The Speed Option is just one part of the game I decided to focus on. These principles will work in other aspects of the game as well.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Nice post brother.

I would just like to add the way you calls play really determines the life span of your slider set.

Only call a play on offense once per half.

What happens allot of the times is that a players will see what plays work and tend to use that play a good handful of times. You want your sliders to last and have a competitive game call a play once per half and only change 1 of the wr's routes per pass play. Hot routing to block and smart route you can do all you want.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Nice post brother.

I would just like to add the way you calls play really determines the life span of your slider set.

Only call a play on offense once per half.

What happens allot of the times is that a players will see what plays work and tend to use that play a good handful of times. You want your sliders to last and have a competitive game call a play once per half and only change 1 of the wr's routes per pass play. Hot routing to block and smart route you can do all you want.
Exactly. I just have the coach plays and pick one from that group, I hardly hot route unless a guy doesnt have someone lined up on him then they're just asking for a quick pass to that receiver. I usually have the TE/HB/FB stay in and block if my line is getting killed. Otherwise its pick a play and go! Good addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »