Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #8169
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
This is the set I LOVE as well except I put QBA to 35 and use auto pass.

I haven't had any out of the ordinary completion % at 35 either. Ranges from 49-71
Try the newest set as well, instead of having 35 QBA, the IG @ 99 with combo of 10 has enhanced it even more. QBs can throw for 300+ yards, but still have a comp of under 70% - that is unheard of in past iterations of our sets.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #8170
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Try the newest set as well, instead of having 35 QBA, the IG @ 99 with combo of 10 has enhanced it even more. QBs can throw for 300+ yards, but still have a comp of under 70% - that is unheard of in past iterations of our sets.
Yea I had smu and Texas tech both surpass 350 yards and both under 70, iirc one was high 50's (with the previous set) but I will try that out Matt. I'm
Getting sick so I'll probably have lots of time to play this weekend as I won't be going out
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-16-2015, 10:55 PM   #8171
Just started!

OVR: 0

How good do you guys think this set or any made in this thread would do on madden 25. ( the only madden i own right now) I want to get back into it (also want to use some of my draft classes ive been building up) and everything you guys have been doing has been really good for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 02:26 AM   #8172
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
I have only tested one game so far, but I have seen some new animations that I have never even witnessed before. I saw an amazing Randy Moss like sideline catch over my DB and a diving interception by my FS. Nicely done, fellas.
I also saw a new animation last night for the first time. CPU passes to WR on out route and he seemed to bobble the ball before dropping it while going out of bounds. Usually the dropped balls are in the middle of the field, while incomplete passes on the outside are just passes off the mark.

Last edited by BerlinBlues; 07-17-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #8173
Pro

sms024's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDash
How good do you guys think this set or any made in this thread would do on madden 25. ( the only madden i own right now) I want to get back into it (also want to use some of my draft classes ive been building up) and everything you guys have been doing has been really good for me.

They work pretty well I think. Only change you'd need to make is IG to 50 on all madden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2015, 12:05 PM   #8174
Rookie

GamerDad48's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think a simple RBL increase for the user would have solved this, even PBL. I know you probably know that, but I'm guilty of "jumping ship" early and reverting completely to "ol reliable" before trying a quick tweak.
I was thinking the same a Cheda on this set since i started out 0-3 with my 2028 Huskers and my run game was something terrible. i think i was only averaging about 60+ yards per game but my passing attack it looking way better even with a 66 OVR sop QB. I took Matt's advice and bumped up the User RBL a bit from 5 on the OP to 15. That made it better for me. my run game wasn't over powering and i still got stuffed at or behind the LOS at times. The other thing I tweaked just for my taste was the CPU RBA or RBL (can't quite remember, not in front of it right now, you know have to do that work thing today ) but i only bumped one of the two down one spot from 40 to 35. For me the CPU backs and QB were trucking/running over my DL and LBs like they were little kids at times and it just didn't seem quite right. So that was why i made the tweak, again this is just personal preference. I think with the tweak i made for myself i will probably stick with this set a while longer. I was thinking of possibly going back to the set that Von posted he was using but I have had two really good games for wins, one before the tweaks i made and one after. I wouldn't look at the tweaks i made as something to go by, they were just for my taste. Like it's always been said use these slider sets as a base and tweak em to your liking and this set is pretty darn close to being spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinBlues
I also saw a new animation last night for the first time. CPU passes to WR on out route and he seemed to bobble the ball before dropping it while going out of bounds. Usually the dropped balls are in the middle of the field, while incomplete passes on the outside are just passes off the mark.
I also saw a couple animations I hadn't seen before... one was with my 66 OVR Soph QB...He was in the pocket then scrambled to his right then all of a sudden he throws back to the left (like they do sometimes but usually its to throw the ball out of bounds) to my HB (who was running a flare route) and the pass ended up being a backwards pass so the pass ended up on the ground. I had to scramble with my HB to recover the ball to avoid the turnover. This actually happened to me twice in this same game but the other time I wasn't so lucky to recover the ball.

The other thing I saw was with my deep safety, he made a play on a deep out route along the sideline, he broke on the play late and had to make a great diving play to get the deflection otherwise if he hadn't the WR would have been all alone going down the sideline for a TD.

I also saw the CPU HB do a stumble backwards after running into the pile, catch his balance and run ahead through the nice big hole for a good gain.

Just thought I would share those.

Keep up the great work guys! it's 5 O'clock somewhere
Old 07-17-2015, 05:52 PM   #8175
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll be streaming in about 20 minutes:

twitch.tv/matt10l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #8176
Rookie

OVR: 5

As discussed in an earlier post, I'm playing with an older version of these sliders, but I wanted to join the crowd of "animations I haven't seen before", or at least ones I haven't seen in a year+. I had a safety deflect a ball today, it bounced off his shoulder pad, and then he was able to grab the deflection. I think I've only seen one deflected INT in 5+ seasons on NCAA 14, and this is only my second game with these sliders.

The second one was another INT ... DBs were in man coverage and one of my DBs peeled off another player to make the pick. Up until now, with the sliders we were using in our OD, man coverage never resulted in guys leaving their man after the ball was thrown. The CPU often would, but never the user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »