Home

Tips/Advice for NCAA UT

This is a discussion on Tips/Advice for NCAA UT within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Pro

Wahooworld15's Arena

OVR: 11
Tips/Advice for NCAA UT

I've played FIFA UT plenty in the past but I'm about to jump into NCAA UT for the first time. Any tips or advice for me?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049811572
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Tips/Advice for NCAA UT

I'd advise you to build up your defense before you start grabbing the all-star offensive players. In my experience, it's easy to make bad offensive players look good, but it's very difficult to make bad defenders look good. Also, with the powerhouse offenses that people have already built, you'll need a great defense so every game doesn't turn into a shootout (Unless you like shootouts. Then go nuts for offensive players!)

Basically, find a style of play that you like best and go with it. Try to get players that fit your style (for example, if you like running the option, find a good mobile quarterback.)

And, finally, don't:

- Go for it on 4th and California in your own territory
- Use the same play over and over
- DC glitch
- Cheese

You'll be a lot better off. Good luck!

Last edited by malowry; 07-21-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Pro

Wahooworld15's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks I appreciate the feedback! Do you guys recommend buying packs or buying players from the auction?

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049811572
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Rookie

malowry's Arena

I'd recommend buying players from the auction house, as you can find really great deals on players whose owners may not know their full value. Sometimes you can find gold players at less than 2500 coins, and legendary or elite guys at less than 5000, which is an amazing deal considering how many coins they're actually worth.

I buy All-American packs every once in a while, just to take a shot at getting a Heisman Hopeful or an Elite player. For me, they're basically lottery tickets. Some people have the coins to buy them in bulk, which obviously gives them a better chance at getting the best players. I just prefer getting the players I want one-by-one from auctions.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooworld15
Thanks I appreciate the feedback! Do you guys recommend buying packs or buying players from the auction?
Go check out our undervalued players thread and guy buy those players from the AH while you're building up your team, a lot of them are very good for very little coins. For example DT Reyes might be my favorite player and he's much cheaper then the 2 elites at his position but might be better on the field.

Once you have a solid team, only go after the guys you want in your ideal team. There are so many good QB and HBs in the Heismans and such that you need to pick which one you want and save up to get them. For example, after getting my Heisman Archie Griffin, I've decided to focus on WR where I have Calvin Johnson already and now got the Brown Heisman and will work towards the Desmond Heisman as well as RGIII Heisman.

For example, you could buy Elite Manning (about 5k) and plug him in until you upgrade to a RGIII or something. I also recommend buying Gano Elite (about 5k) for your kicker, as you can use him as your punter too and he'll help you out a lot on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

Depends on what type of UT player you are. By that I mean an online player or a collector. I'm on the collector side of things, so what I'm doing is hoarding some coins & cards while hoping as the season gets closer EA will start having actual collections similar to Madden. If not, I probably will stop, but with so many teams & players for NCAA, collection sets have a ton of potential. At the moment, the UT isn't doing much for me.

I enjoyed UT in Madden, though they went a little overboard with some collections. I'm sure they will with this one too, but so far they haven't released much of anything for collectors.

LOL, to answer your question though (finally), I agree with others; you can build a pretty stout team through the auction house without a bunch of packs.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Rookie

t3chnetic's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcards
Depends on what type of UT player you are. By that I mean an online player or a collector. I'm on the collector side of things, so what I'm doing is hoarding some coins & cards while hoping as the season gets closer EA will start having actual collections similar to Madden. If not, I probably will stop, but with so many teams & players for NCAA, collection sets have a ton of potential. At the moment, the UT isn't doing much for me.

I enjoyed UT in Madden, though they went a little overboard with some collections. I'm sure they will with this one too, but so far they haven't released much of anything for collectors.

LOL, to answer your question though (finally), I agree with others; you can build a pretty stout team through the auction house without a bunch of packs.
Agreed, I'm also curious to see what impact the start of the NCAA football season will have on the market. They really need GOLD player collections to thin the market and make Gold players(low and high rated) more valuable.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

sven676's Arena

OVR: 0

Work on your o-line d-line first then worry about skilled positions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »