Home

The way the auction is ruins Ultimate Team for me.

This is a discussion on The way the auction is ruins Ultimate Team for me. within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6
The way the auction is ruins Ultimate Team for me.

Only being able to bump the bid in 50 coin increments makes everything else pointless. Why play games, buy backs, and earn a ton of coins when you can't buy what you want by setting a price you are willing to pay??

Instead you have to race the clock and get lucky with EA's garbage attempt at an auction block. A popular card, you will be lucky if you can bid at all in the last minute. You could have 5 million coins and miss out on a 5000 coin card because of the auction not being ebay style.

The auction and people wasting space and time by putting cards up for 200k-1 million is ridiculous.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #2
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The way the auction is ruins Ultimate Team for me.

I agree with you completely. However, this is the NCAA team's first attempt at anything like Ultimate Team, so maybe we should cut them some slack. Hopefully EA will learn from their mistakes and make the mode better for next year (if there's even a game next year... thanks, Ed O'Bannon.)
Old 07-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #3
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

It should bump up 50 if the auction is < 10k. But it should move up to 100 after that. And then to 1000 if the auction is > 100k.

But that isn't the worst issue I have. It is the clunky interface between Active Roster and Reserves. The fact there is zero functionality from the Reserves screen screams that someone didn't do any quality control of the game before release.

The Active Roster should have limited (or the same) functionality and the Reserve Roster should allow for Collections and Auctions and any other thing you may want to do. And cards won at Auction should go there instead of the Active Roster.

From all reports FIFA UT is great (never played it). Why didn't the NCAA crew consult that game for ideas?
Old 07-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #4
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

Also, bear in mind, EA doesn't really profit from the Auctions. If they can keep card value low, the more you invest. If you could get "true" value for your cards, you'd have an excess of coins, therefore, not needing to actually buy packs with real money.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #5
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowhop
Also, bear in mind, EA doesn't really profit from the Auctions. If they can keep card value low, the more you invest. If you could get "true" value for your cards, you'd have an excess of coins, therefore, not needing to actually buy packs with real money.
I got over it with the awesome pulls i got today.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I agree with you completely. However, this is the NCAA team's first attempt at anything like Ultimate Team, so maybe we should cut them some slack. Hopefully EA will learn from their mistakes and make the mode better for next year (if there's even a game next year... thanks, Ed O'Bannon.)
Hut had it the first year (4 years ago). Never played FIFA but I think it did too. Madden hasn't added it in all of its years so expect nfut to be the same.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
That isn't an excuse. They've had MUT and FUT for awhile now. Besides, MLB TS put out a way more polished version of their ultimate last year on their first attempt. EA doesn't seem to put the time into these sort of things.

No leaderboards, stats, standings, awards, bronze/silver tourney's etc....just 3 min quarter games with edited players basically.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

The thing that bothers me the most is the timer.. Its not in real time and thats a problem under 1 min.. Its an ideal strategy to try and over-bid on something in the last few seconds which is frustrating.

Also, your coins dont come appear back fast enough for you to do anything when you get outbid. Thats really frustrating in the last minute too..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »