Home

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Heat954's Arena

OVR: 4
Playbooks

What playbooks do you find effective for NFUT?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Playbooks

Well, I haven't changed from my Michigan one, as it has a big variety, with lots of single back looks, I-forms, and even spread formations. Depending on how I am feeling, I can go pro-style or switch to a Spread mid-game. On defense, I stick with the basic 4-3, as that is what fits my current team best. In the long run, I can see myself switching to a 3-4 or a 4-2-5, but right now I like the 4-3, although I usually run a 4-3 under with a big LE (Mario Williams) and a big LOLB (Brian Cushing/Ahmad Brooks), which almost gives a 5-2 look. I also like the nickel 3-3-5, as there are a few good blitzes and a great cover 2 from that formation.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3

Been running the 3-3-5. Best thing about it -- it gives the kids looks they're not used to, and they struggle to abuse it.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use Michigan's playbook too. I find it perfect. There's enough formations for everything. I basically have 2 completely different offenses in the shotgun/spread and the Iform. It allows me to change mid-game if my opponent is making adjustments to shut down my original offense. I can just switch to the other one and I have the advantage again because they have no idea what I'm running.

On defense I'm pretty sure I have the 4-3 play book, but 90+ percent of my defensive plays are in the dollar(3-2-6) defensive formation. I always put one of the LBs in a qb spy and I manually control one of the safeties to basically cover any receiver that becomes open.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 AM   #5
Pro

crowhop's Arena

I'm into Georgia's on Offense right now. Vanderbilt's is also good. I've also used Syracuse and Alabama. I look for good I-Form, Ace and Shotgun formations with many running plays. You can audible and Hot Route to most every pass you want; I could probably be content with 6 basic pass plays in any formation. But the variety of running plays is sorely lacking for most Playbooks. The difficulty has been, and the search still continues, to find a playbook that includes a Power run game AND good RB runs out of Shotgun that aren't options.

Defensively I stumbled upon Louisville's and haven't changed. It's a base 4-3, but most of the time I use the 3-3-5 Nickel or 3-2-6 Dime to defend the Vick's of the world. But Nickle Normal is good too as it has more Blitzes than many I've found. If I ever found or even tried a good 4-2-5 Defense, I might stick with it, but I like getting all those CBs on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
Pro

crowhop's Arena

One thing that should be changed is the inabilty to even check a Defensive Playbook before you are thrust into action with it. At least for Offense, you can go in and create a playbook using whichever team as the base and see what each one runs.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just bought Army's playbook for 400 coins (The other two prices were close 5-7k). Been using Uconn's. Just did it due to boredom. Will still use UCONN's mostly, which sounds very similar to Michigan's. Some spread shotgun to go along with some power... No pistol though. Probably goes a lot cheaper then Michigans though.

Army Offense is challenging for sure. My slot backs are Austin and Sproles (anyone got a demps from UF??). B Back is McGahee (that needs work). Normal Tebow at QB. Got Ledarius Green and Dallas Clark at WR. Going forward I would like Hughes or Mooney at B Back. Vernon Davis and Kellen Winslow at WR. Does anyone know any really good blocking WR's? I hate the AWR hit I take. QB I'm not really sure. It doesn't really matter too much. Also been running the option offense for almost 10 years on NCAA so I'm no too shabby at it. First and only game so far 400+ yards rushing.

D Run the 4-3. I always try to keep one more CB to WR. Shade my safeties to where there are more receivers. If they go 4-5 Wide I either go cover 1 man or cover 4 zone in the 3-2-6. It really just depends on the formation and if I can remember the different routes.. haha.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Heat954's Arena

I was using Alabamas Offensive PB but now I use Nevada's I like running the Pistol formation. I like 2 RB Sets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »