Home

Card's no longer in packs ?

This is a discussion on Card's no longer in packs ? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Card's no longer in packs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepIN2daFIRE671
The ESPN ultimate team elite cards are limited availability, eg. Irvin, Floyd, Keyshawn, lehman, galloway, hilliard, boulware, D Sanders...So for future reference if you pull an ESPN elite card hold on to it because the value would only go up.
Not true, there are certain cards where it can make sense to hold on to but other lose their value quickly. For instance Tyrone Wheatley, he now sits around 9K and his ratings aren't very attractive so he won't ever be in demand again. For most it makes sense to sell almost immediately after pulling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
it really makes no sence to take them out of packs..

the people who spend money when they release to try to pull them and don't get them for people to buy one pack and get them and then sell it for 500K so unless i hoard coins i can't get them? It really makes no sence
It does make sense, they are trying to create demand for them, how rare a card is directly affects their value, and if they keep adding 5 ESPN cards each week soon your odds of pulling the ESPN cards you want go down considearbly. Think about it, its week 10 of ESPN Elites, you buy a bunch of packs and pull 3 ESPN Elites, the problem is those 3 cards are from a pool of 50, which increases the chance that you would pull 3 low end cards, and worse those low end cards are super-old and thus have practically no value.

Believe me you'd much rather be looking to pull 1 of 5 ESPN Elites than 1 of 50. The more cards there are floating around the greater your chances are of pulling the cheap ones and the rarer the valuable ones (i.e. the ones you want), are.

They'll periodically add old ESPN Elites (and other cards that were for a limited time only) in for limited time so you still have a shot at pulling one in a pack. For now, if there is one that you really want go ahead and start saving up the coins.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 08-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7

I pulled a Sapp which is one of the cards I don't see a ton of on the AH so I assume he's somewhat limited which is why his value is still around 20-25K.

I do think it's pretty cool cause I've been looking high and low for a reasonably priced William Floyd ESPN award winner and they ain't moving for less than 40-50K. There as been times I haven't seen any on the AH, so hence they keep they're value. Same thing with Irvin cards, there are more of them available, but unless you get lucky, you can't really find one for less than 25K, etc. Plus noone is willing to undercut each other and sell low cause you can get max value for them for the most part.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepIN2daFIRE671
The ESPN ultimate team elite cards are limited availability, eg. Irvin, Floyd, Keyshawn, lehman, galloway, hilliard, boulware, D Sanders...So for future reference if you pull an ESPN elite card hold on to it because the value would only go up.
Do you have proof of this? Or a link? I've only pulled one ESPN card, Tamba Hali, but I have pulled award winners Graham Gano and Kellen Winslow twice. And they were two of the first ones out.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Do you have proof of this? Or a link? I've only pulled one ESPN card, Tamba Hali, but I have pulled award winners Graham Gano and Kellen Winslow twice. And they were two of the first ones out.

This is from their official twitter feed. I want to stress "ESPN Ultimate Team"(says it on the top left of the card) cards are the limited edition ones. The "Award" cards are not limited edition like the gano and winslow jr. you have mentioned. I'm not sure what the tamba hali card says on it, i dont pay much attention to cards i'm not interested in. Hope this helps.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Those are award winners, different cards than the espn ultimate ones that have the espn logo on the front
Old 08-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Had a Michael Irvin, put him up on the AH. He disappeared. Spend 30 k on him. All gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »