Home

I think I'm done with H2H until EA makes some serious changes.

This is a discussion on I think I'm done with H2H until EA makes some serious changes. within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
I think I'm done with H2H until EA makes some serious changes.

This game mode (and really, the game as a whole) had so much potential. However, as usual, EA found a way to make it as tedious and irritating to play as possible. There are so many issues that make Ultimate Team completely unenjoyable:

1. Lag. There's lag in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

2. The slow and unresponsive menus.

3. The poorly implemented and glitchy auction system.

4. The fact that there's really no point to keeping bronze and silver players on your team except for the collections, whose rewards aren't worth the effort.

5. Pause glitchers/quitters.

6. The people who probably don't know who their punter is, call one run play (Read Option), and run around with Michael Vick/Doug Flutie/Charlie Ward until they have a running lane or their receiver comes open. Speaking of open receivers...

7. The horrifically bad defensive back AI. These morons couldn't cover a paper bag if their lives depended on it. When I call man defense, they leave curls and posts wide open. When I run zone, they couldn't care less about receivers streaking downfield behind them. It's pathetic.

8. The fact that EA has already ruined their player market for auctions by releasing too many players too soon, overrating players, etc.

9. The simple mistakes that would be easily corrected if EA actually, you know, checked the game. Look inside the Big 12 collection to see... a Western Michigan player. He's been there since launch, and it hasn't been fixed. There are several players (Keyshawn Johnson, anyone?) who have the wrong picture. Stuff like that just makes the game look bad.

/rant

Thoughts, anyone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: I think I'm done with H2H until EA makes some serious changes.

The game is very broken, they did a very bad job testing it. I hope the first patch comes soon and fixes a few of these things, but I doubt it, as they can fix them through tuning updates. There is also the issue where if you go no-huddle, and someone calls a timeout when the playcall screen is up, you automatically get a delay of game since a playcall screen does not reappear.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

Totally agree on all points, especially the defensive AI

Elite corners are not "elite" at all imo
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

they won't make the changes. This is a cash cow for EA, and since people are going to spend money everytime they release something new (whether the gameplay blows or not) they have no reason to fix it.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Rookie

malowry's Arena

Oh, one more thing that I forgot to add:

10. The quarter length. Three minutes is simply too short for a good, competitive game to take place. 1-2 possessions per half for each team is ridiculously low. Most people start milking the clock in the third quarter if they're leading, which just should not be happening.

Last year, EA released the first post-release patch in mid-to-late August, so we'll just have to wait and see over the next few weeks if EA throws us a bone. If they do, and they've done the right things with it, then I'll be happy. If not, well... let the countdown to College Football 15 begin!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't know if it's just me, but I have a REALLY good defense (Deion 97, Sean Taylor 97, both 95 96 OLB's everyone else not lower than 93) but whenever I play against a team full of 70 somethings or so, its as if I'M the one with 70 something rated defenders and he's full of 95s on offense. It's a damn joke.

Everything you said was spot on, and honestly i'm not having much fun on this mode at the moment. I win most of the time, but the amount of crap that goes into winning isn't worth the outcome.

AND WHY DOES EVERYONE JUST CHEESE AROUND ALL DAY ON OFFENSE??!!!?!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
Rookie

BobjumpA's Arena

I hadn't played head-to-head in about a week and a half, so today I played a game. Well it was 0-0 at half and he got the ball and took up all the time but 50 seconds. Yeah now I know why I stopped playing it.
NBA- OKC Thunder
Old 08-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Banned

To each their own, I respect your opinion certainly.

But if you quit can I have your players lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »