Home

When The Obsession Ended...

This is a discussion on When The Obsession Ended... within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: When The Obsession Ended...

yea the wife is basically what keeps me from buying these virtual packs... she always makes it sound sooooooo wasteful. She's right of course
Old 08-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #18
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveburger
yea the wife is basically what keeps me from buying these virtual packs... she always makes it sound sooooooo wasteful. She's right of course
MINE TOO! I am so addicted. I reverted to buying ms points at a gas station so she wouldn't recognize the charge on our account.

And it goes without saying, we have the money (we both have great jobs), but it is the waste aspect. Where will this game be next year? At the bottom of my game stack while I am playing next years version on the XBOX One!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #19
Rookie

blitzben85's Arena

OVR: 0

So, is it actually possible to get a good team without spending real £££ via hard work and time. Or do i have to stump up the cash ? I wouldn't mind using real money but i do think twice when it's EA im giving it to.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #20
Rookie

Bgartz29's Arena

OVR: 6

You don't have to spend money but Spending the money for the start up saves you hundreds and hundreds of hours grinding early game. I have spent my 200.00 and will never spend another penny on it. I'm at the point now where I have a solid team and a decent amount in the savings to purchase stuff when needed.

Plus I am starting to get sick of the grind. I have 5 heisman games to play yet and now they release 10 games on the weekly challenge and I really don't wanna spend the time.

If there was a way to sell player cards, I would try and get my money back and move on. This reminds me of an mmo, they keep raising the bar so you can never reach it.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
Rookie

Syxxpac78's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthagebaseball
MINE TOO! I am so addicted. I reverted to buying ms points at a gas station so she wouldn't recognize the charge on our account.

And it goes without saying, we have the money (we both have great jobs), but it is the waste aspect. Where will this game be next year? At the bottom of my game stack while I am playing next years version on the XBOX One!
Haha, I've done the same thing. Just taking out some cash for the week dear....than go buy a Xbox point card from 7-11 like a crack addict so I can open up some packs......Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

OVR: 3
Reading this makes me feel terribly worse knowing that for all of us that can afford it, there has to be a flip side that can't afford it but can't help it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 08-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8

the idea of whether we can afford it or not isn't really important... money spent towards a virtual card in a game that has an expiration date and no "real" meaning behind it is hard enough to swallow when put into context. I work, make money, and still felt like **** telling my wife I was going to buy virtual packs for a game everyone cheeses in anyways.

The opportunity cost + real cost of Ultimate Teams is evil in its very existence.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Just read this thread and I'm shocked at what you guys have spent, just between a few of you guys we're over 2 grand to EA. Looks like EA is making a fortune with this gimmick. I'm sitting here flabbergasted, hey it's your money, do what you want, some suckers blow a grand at strip clubs and get nothing more than cheesy lap dances, but to you and them my advice would be...STOP!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »