Home

Option QB Suggestions!?

This is a discussion on Option QB Suggestions!? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Option QB Suggestions!?

I've got HW Vick at QB now but he has such low strength that he isn't worth a darn (goes down every time he is hit, and frequently can't get to the second-level because he gets hit and goes down) at the All-American Level in Solo Challenges (and online).

Was thinking about going with Tommie Frazier, or possibly Cam (if he drops in price or I manage to pull one). Can anyone tell me their Strength rating? The Speed attributes would be nice to know too (I know both are 91 SPD or above in the HF versions, just wanted to know if they lose a step or 2 in their HW versions).

Similar Question about the Award Winner Trent Richardson, his trucking, elusiveness and speed ratings make him excellent in the read option/triple option offense (as the B-Back), but if his strength is too low that changes things.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Option QB Suggestions!?

Frazier fumbles too much for me went out and bought RG3 HH

Games: Madden 13, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k13, NHL 13, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, AC3, DW6 Empires, and Max Payne 3
Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have you tried Ware? Cheap and has 99 carry. I have a Vince young I'd sell below market value if interested.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie252
Have you tried Ware? Cheap and has 99 carry. I have a Vince young I'd sell below market value if interested.

What's Ware's speed? I was using Charlie Ward before Vick and he simply wasn't fast enough.

I've never had issues with fumbling from my QBs (its happened but its never been a constant issue).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 08-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #5
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

Ware and Frazier are very similar. Both good, cheap options. Frazier's ELU is quite high, while Ware is a little stronger, if I recall correctly.

Richardson's STR is only 71. Ridiculously low for him considering he's probably the strongest RB I can recall since Greg Jones of FSU.

But while STR is important, it isn't as important as their ability to break tackles and truck folks. Richardson is good at both of those.

HW Peterson's STR is 80, I think.

Eddie George, Herschel Walker or Bettis could do well for you also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Ive played with them all except HH Cam and to me VY is hands down the best. My question is what is the best option playbook?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try the Mississippi state play book. Lots of read options from different formations. Try the y trips half back weak formation and TE option. Play is unstoppable for a pass play. The TE will be open if zone coverage and when in man take your pick between square and r1.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie252
Try the Mississippi state play book. Lots of read options from different formations. Try the y trips half back weak formation and TE option. Play is unstoppable for a pass play. The TE will be open if zone coverage and when in man take your pick between square and r1.
Thanks Robbie, I have been using Baylor but looking for a change with more triple option looks and more of a better mix of pass plays. Ill try this one out if there is one on the ah

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »