Home

Who should I get?

This is a discussion on Who should I get? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who should I get?

You're on the right track with the backs too. I run Freshman Ingram, DMac and Peterson and they do well. With backs I feel like it is almost 100% scheme.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Sapp, Peppers and Woodson would be your biggest upgrades.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
Rookie

Forgot I had the 96 sapp in place of Hampton also. Finally playing my cover athlete games this weeks in hopes of Woodson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
Forgot I had the 96 sapp in place of Hampton also. Finally playing my cover athlete games this weeks in hopes of Woodson
Forget that. Just take your Joey Harrington and smile.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #13
Rookie

Got Desean Jackson. Turns out I had about 400k and not 500k, so wasn't sure what to do. Bought one pack. A single pack for 7500. This just happened:

Holy. Crap.

Ok, so now what to do . My secondary is Woodsen, Pat Pete, Talib, Ross at CB. 99 Berry, TC Polamalu at safeties.

Still have cv Ricky and LL spiller at RB. I see I can get LL AP for like 30k, would that be a big step down if I sell Ricky for 120ish? Or is it worth the 100k for LL George?

Thinking to sell Ricky, put me around 500k. Get a new RB to compliment Spiller. Get Peppers for around 190. This will leave me with 200-300k. Law? sanders?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #14
Rookie

Worth getting Desmond Howard to go with CV Crabtree and 98 Moss and CV Fitz?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #15
Rookie

Picked up Peppers last night for 192k, and Sheldon Richardson to replace Sapp for 20k. Defense is now:

TC Peppers
HW Suh
97 Richardson
98 Watt or Mercilus

99 Brooks
99 Kuechly
97 Messina
96 Sammy Brown

CV Woodson
98 Pat Pete
LL Talib

LL 99 Berry
97 TC Polamalu

Not too shabby. Need another top outside LB (Von Miller?) and another top CB to play SS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eochs
Picked up Peppers last night for 192k, and Sheldon Richardson to replace Sapp for 20k. Defense is now:

TC Peppers
HW Suh
97 Richardson
98 Watt or Mercilus

99 Brooks
99 Kuechly
97 Messina
96 Sammy Brown

CV Woodson
98 Pat Pete
LL Talib

LL 99 Berry
97 TC Polamalu

Not too shabby. Need another top outside LB (Von Miller?) and another top CB to play SS
What defense do you run?

I run a 4-2-5, so the LOLB position is almost never on the field. Leader Miller is a fantastic card (awesome speed) but if he's only playing a handful of snaps a game, then you aren't getting great value there. If you are you running a 3-4 or a 3-3-5, then he'd be a great pickup.

Who's your 4th corner? I personally like Deion better than Pat Peterson or any other corner not named Woodson but I'm not certain he would be a huge upgrade for you. You need 4 capable corners though.

As for getting CE Howard - it wouldn't be the worse move in the world as long as you running a lot of 4 or 5 wide sets. I think Elite Randy Moss and CE Crabtree are better WR's but Howard does have value.

Leader Sapp is an option. He's been a surprise to me. I didn't expect much more production out of him but he makes a fair amount of plays. DT isn't a huge value position though.

I'd hang onto some coins too - as long as EA is releasing new leaders your much better off buying them the week they are released. I'm expecting a Leader Jarvis Jones, Randy Moss, Barry Sanders , Deion Sanders, Peter Boulware and more.

Last edited by marks0124; 12-31-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: d

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »