Home

Old 12-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Banned

airbuddy716's Arena

OVR: 5
Just got this game...

Just got this game for Christmas, and I got the Walmart holiday edition so I got 14 All-American packs. The best 2 cards I got was an Elite Al Wilson and an ESPN Ultimate Team Jeff Samardzija. I ended up buying a Team of the Week Rudi Johnson, Elite David Greene, and an Cover Athlete Matt Ryan. What else cards should I get? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got this game...

Buy cheap. You got some good guys so far. Get a few decent cheap DEs and CBs. Don't buy to quick though, wait on the deals.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Rookie

CBs are crazy important but very expensive. Alphonso Smith Gold is maybe the best value of all CBs. I used him as my #1 corner over Elite Buckley and Leader Hosley.

DO NOT spend more than 5k on a RB right now. Too many good ones out there for less. Starks is a cheap but effective DT.

Until you get some traction get receivers with good route running for cheap. IE Welker types. They can't blow the lid off, but can get open and keep chains moving. If you can find Pac Man Jones, he can play anywhere on the field on D effectively, so he is worth 10k or so.

Sure there are some other good things to keep in mind but those are my best off the top of my head.

Almost forgot, don't overspend on a mobile QB, always someone selling 94 Cam or similar for ~5k.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAJ16
CBs are crazy important but very expensive. Alphonso Smith Gold is maybe the best value of all CBs. I used him as my #1 corner over Elite Buckley and Leader Hosley.

DO NOT spend more than 5k on a RB right now. Too many good ones out there for less. Starks is a cheap but effective DT.

Until you get some traction get receivers with good route running for cheap. IE Welker types. They can't blow the lid off, but can get open and keep chains moving. If you can find Pac Man Jones, he can play anywhere on the field on D effectively, so he is worth 10k or so.

Sure there are some other good things to keep in mind but those are my best off the top of my head.

Almost forgot, don't overspend on a mobile QB, always someone selling 94 Cam or similar for ~5k.
GOTW Rudi Johnson is actually a good back early in the game. I still used him on my 96 overall team. Stephen Paea was a good DT for me for a while. You can get him cheap.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #5
Rookie

He might be. Didn't mean to imply he wasn't. I was just trying to give some guidelines. That DT suggestion from you is money btw. Used him forever before I upgraded him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Banned

airbuddy716's Arena

OVR: 5

Also, I think the most money I've spent on a player is 4K on David Greene. I also got CV Owen Schmitt FB. Should I sell him to get better players?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbuddy716
Also, I think the most money I've spent on a player is 4K on David Greene. I also got CV Owen Schmitt FB. Should I sell him to get better players?
I've sold like 5 of him to get better players haha

Still have one too haha
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Rookie

UMkris's Arena

Build your secondary. You can have all the best players in the world but if your secondary sucks you will get toasted every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »