Home

Collections - Useless?

This is a discussion on Collections - Useless? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Collections - Useless?

Is there any really point in completing collections other than the Heisman ones and perhaps mascots just for the uniforms/stadiums?

I used a bunch of points and bought a chunk of packs. With that I ended up snagging 3 Heisman cards, completed 3 collections and finished 2 of the challenges so far, cards are nice that you get in the end so far.

But what about the team completions (NCAA, etc.)? The rewards seem to just be a varsity pack and well i doubt the value of the pack is worth just selling these cards. Is there any use or is it best to just auction all cards not on your main roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Collections - Useless?

The collections are not worth doing in their current state...the rewards just arent worth it. Hopefully this changes
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Rookie

cletus42o's Arena

Other than the Heismans like you, I'm not bothering with any collections. Besides the rewards not being worth it to me, the interface is horrible for dealing with collections.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

I think the best thing they could do with collections is have a whole - some cards can only be obtained by collections and those cannot be sold. Buying tons of packs to sell enough cards to get coins to buy the other cards you need to complete a collection just to get 1 pack seems very silly.

And yea the interface is awful. I want to kick babies when I want to complete a collection and realize ok i have to write down what is required, then go into my reserves, search for each card hoping i have them. Moving the cards i find to my active cards. Go to Auction to buy cards I am missing - oh nothing cheap ok. Then I go to active cards, find those cards again, move them to collections. Go to collections, find the collection for this (which is confusing with mascots) and then apply the cards.

Time sink sure, but i think this could be much smoother and more rewarding!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Here's a good story talking about just that: http://underthecode.com/2013/07/13/r...ughts-on-nfut/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #6
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis09
The collections are not worth doing in their current state...the rewards just arent worth it. Hopefully this changes

I am a collector but the lousy rewards and clunky interface are wearing me down big time. And the lack of a counter to track closed collections as compared to total collections leaves me truly not caring if I close a collection or not.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 07-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #7
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeandrew
Here's a good story talking about just that: http://underthecode.com/2013/07/13/r...ughts-on-nfut/
And this is why you should not be able to buy cards with real money. Hey, I'm guilty of it too (only 15 bucks), but it trivializes the team building process. I know EA makes boatloads from it, but if that option was axed, the game mode would be a helluva lot more competitive game and auction house wise.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

So, new weekly collections are up but the prior week's collections "expiring" on the 16th have now been completely removed. All collections yield rewards far less than the cost to complete them, and there is no running total.

And that brilliant difference between the highly successful MUT 13 and this game is supposed to be a positive?

It drastically changes the motivation of collectors, making collections a waste of coin and time outside of the Heisman ones. That absolutely GUTS my interest. They've destroyed the collecting aspect, all they are feeding are those head to head players wanting to build their teams up for online play.

Huge error imho.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 07-17-2013 at 03:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »