Home

Please help me improve my team

This is a discussion on Please help me improve my team within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Please help me improve my team

Here's a list of my team by position. Just lost in Semi- finals and need to revamp my roster

QB- HW Vick 97
RB- HW E George 97
FB- C Mooney 88
WR- HW Tim Brown 96
WR- Elite B Edwards 96
WR- Elite C Johnson 95
TE- Elite Winslow Jr 93
LT- Elite J Thomas 96
LG- B Albert 94
C- Elite Pouncey 95
RG- B Albert 94
RT- Elite J Thomas 96
LE- Elite R White 97
RE- Elite J Peppers 96
DT- HW Suh 97
DT- Elite Sapp 96
LOLB- Elite Briggs 94
ROLB- R Lewis 92
MLB- Elite C Claiborne 95
MLB- Elite Te'o 95
CB- C Bailey 94
CB- Elite A Cason 94
CB- Elite M Claiborne 93
FS- Pac Man Jones 95
SS- Elite M Huff 94
K- Elite Gano 95
P- Elite Gano 95
KOS- B Nortman 93 (99 Kick Power)
KR1- T Ginn 99
KR2- D Hester 98
PR- T Ginn 99
Offense- Pro
Defense- 3-4

All tips are much appreciated I'm on ps3 (rstory33) if u want to massage me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Please help me improve my team

What kind of offense do you run? Hurry up? Do you pass more than run? Why are you losing - offense, defense or both?

I run a hurry up offense. Brandon Albert is worthless to me due to his low stamina ratings (as well as DeCastro and Nick Mangold).

I never liked Elite Huff. To slow for me. I would go after Mark Barron (although wait till after the Bama collection dies down). I used Pac Man Jones as a SS for a long time and he did well. You could pick up a Gold Eric Berry (great card).

Heisman Cam Newton and Heisman Peterson are difference makers. They aren't cheap but they are great values. Two of the best players in the game under 100k. Peterson has the speed that George lack and some power.

Gold Randy Moss has always played better for me than HW Tim Brown or Elite Braylon Edwards. His speed is a difference maker.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks0124
What kind of offense do you run? Hurry up? Do you pass more than run? Why are you losing - offense, defense or both?

I run a hurry up offense. Brandon Albert is worthless to me due to his low stamina ratings (as well as DeCastro and Nick Mangold).

I never liked Elite Huff. To slow for me. I would go after Mark Barron (although wait till after the Bama collection dies down). I used Pac Man Jones as a SS for a long time and he did well. You could pick up a Gold Eric Berry (great card).

Heisman Cam Newton and Heisman Peterson are difference makers. They aren't cheap but they are great values. Two of the best players in the game under 100k. Peterson has the speed that George lack and some power.

Gold Randy Moss has always played better for me than HW Tim Brown or Elite Braylon Edwards. His speed is a difference maker.
I run a more conservative run first offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

first of all you probably shouldnt be losing much with a team like that, sometimes losses happen. things go wrong. im 251-21 havent lost in over 100 games but ive had my close calls its not like its my team that blew it most the times in close games its because I tried to force it.

only thing you might want to do to improve your secondary is take out huff put in pac man at SS or move elite claiborne to SS and pac man to MLB.

get some better back up CBs. not sure what you have but make sure that you have enough that if you come out in quarters vs 5 wide that your 5th DB slot that comes down on the line is at least 90+ man cvg. most SSs in the game cant fulfill that man cvg role and get torched in the pass but either pac man or claiborne i swear by they are well worth it.

i used barron at SS for a long time before getting jenkins and he was a little better but pac man just upped it a notch when i moved him to SS and then i got elite claiborne who was just sitting on my bench as i upgraded DBs so moved pac man to mlb and clairborne to SS been working like a charm. ed reed is my FS hes ok havent noticed any diff between gold berry and and reed since i made the change a while back.

maybe get a faster RB i like guys that if i get to the next level its a TD they dont get caught from behind, I did just fine with elite dmc until i got hw peterson. id suggest you want at least 93 spd and 94+ acc. but to each their own.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Rookie

I don't have a lot of ratings beefs, but being a Texas fan it really irked me how slow they made Michael Huff. He ran a 4.36 40! How did they make him an 85 or whatever? Just silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

If you are doing a conservative, run first offense, then take Vick out from the QB position and go with a pro-style QB. Unless you mean you constantly run read option. Still, I'd switch to a more consistent passer, such as Vince Young or Cam Newton. Another change I'd make is WR. If you don't want to get another one, put HW Tim Brown at #3. He's better in the slot and Edwards and Johnson are better all-around receivers. On defense, don't put Pac Man at MLB like some people said. It's cheesy and if you are facing somebody who knows what they are doing, he will get eaten alive in the run game. I know there aren't a lot of people that punt, but Nortman is probably better than Gano at that since all that really matters is Kick Power. If you are at a spot where a team would go with a coffin corner, most people just go for it. And last, get a different RB. George is great for short yardage plays and around the goal line, but sometimes can't make it to the open holes due to his lower speed rating. I'd go with HW Peterson, Williams, Walker, Elite Trent Richardson, or Elite Ricky Williams. Trent is the cheapest option, but is extremely underused on this game. Not quite as good as Peterson, but is pretty close. He's very powerful and has a pretty good speed rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »