Home

CBS presentation in NCAA Basketball 10! >>>NCAA Football 11??

This is a discussion on CBS presentation in NCAA Basketball 10! >>>NCAA Football 11?? within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: CBS presentation in NCAA Basketball 10! >>>NCAA Football 11??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
FSN is a PAC-10/Big 12 network. I don't know why they would show the SEC. I live in Washington, so I assume thats why they show the PAC-10 games.
I'm just going off the commercials on FSN here, they always talk about it being the place for PAC-10, Big 12, and SEC news and games. I think the SEC stuff is new for this year though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-10-2009, 04:27 AM   #18
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm just going off the commercials on FSN here, they always talk about it being the place for PAC-10, Big 12, and SEC news and games. I think the SEC stuff is new for this year though.
I have NEVER seen a SEC show on FSN. Then again, I haven't seen a Big 12 show expect for their games either.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I have NEVER seen a SEC show on FSN. Then again, I haven't seen a Big 12 show expect for their games either.
it's regional. east coast would be the only ones getting SEC stuff. I haven't seen a SEC game on FSN either. it's pretty much only Big 12 and sometimes PAC-10 late game(well late for us here, ).

here, we get a ton of Big 12 related shows. don't think I've seen any PAC-10 or SEC shows.

however, I also have extra FSN channels beyond the "main" FSN channel that are even more regional. FSN central, Atlantic, etc.., but I don't recall many live games on those channels.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it's regional. east coast would be the only ones getting SEC stuff. I haven't seen a SEC game on FSN either. it's pretty much only Big 12 and sometimes PAC-10 late game(well late for us here, ).

here, we get a ton of Big 12 related shows. don't think I've seen any PAC-10 or SEC shows.

however, I also have extra FSN channels beyond the "main" FSN channel that are even more regional. FSN central, Atlantic, etc.., but I don't recall many live games on those channels.
FSN doesn't show SEC games nationally like they do with the Pac-10 and Big XII. Those games are only shown on three FSN affiliates Sun Sports, FSN South, and FSN Southwest. Here is the weekly pecking order (selection) for SEC Football games.

1. CBS
2. ESPN
3. ESPN 2
4. SEC Network (Run by ESPN) shown on local Southeast region broadcast TV stations, mainly the ones who showed the Raycom games in the past.
5. ESPNU
6. Charter Sports South aka CSS or local campus access channel.

The only SEC football programming FSN produces is a weekly SEC football recap/preview show.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #21
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Whoever said that CBS only does SEC games, have you heard of the CBS College Sports channel? Shows most of the armed forces games, and a few random other games every week. If they put CBS presentation in NCAA 11 it wouldn't necessarily be restricted to just the SEC.

PSN: FREExBEER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #22
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

If they would just use the ESPN guys that would cover tons of games. They could have 3 noon games (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU). Then a few 3:30 games with regional coverage (the ABC games). Then 3 night games on the ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU and the prime time game with Kirt and Brent on ABC. This would give different voices and throw in a Thursday night game and we would have something to work with. If they would only use what they have they could add to the feel of the game. It can be done if they only wanted to.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
If they would just use the ESPN guys that would cover tons of games. They could have 3 noon games (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU). Then a few 3:30 games with regional coverage (the ABC games). Then 3 night games on the ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU and the prime time game with Kirt and Brent on ABC. This would give different voices and throw in a Thursday night game and we would have something to work with. If they would only use what they have they could add to the feel of the game. It can be done if they only wanted to.
Good point. This is the thought I had after reading all of these comments. With the ESPN liscense you have four channels you could broadcast the games on. Now if somehow they had different announcers for all four that would be something else it would change the whole complextion of the game. There would only be a few ABC games with the most emphasis on the game of the week which is the Saturday night game making it feel more important. Another thing this would do is distinguish importance in the Bowl Games.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchant ftw
Whoever said that CBS only does SEC games, have you heard of the CBS College Sports channel? Shows most of the armed forces games, and a few random other games every week. If they put CBS presentation in NCAA 11 it wouldn't necessarily be restricted to just the SEC.
But CBS is nationally televised on every TV, with or without a box. CBSCS shows armed forces home games, and ontop of that, you need a box from a tv provider that has that channel available, and more times than not, you'll need to get a package in order to get that channel. The regular CBS channel mainly shows SEC games. Then televises the Army/Navy game in December.

How awesome would it be if they had CBS and ESPN and, in an Athletic Director mode feature, we may get automatically prompted to vote on a contract from the conference with one of the TV providers, or the conference gives us a choice to choose tv providers for a certain number of years?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I could dream, can't I?

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »