Home

Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football '12

This is a discussion on Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football '12 within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
Rookie

ManOfLaMange's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Early Top Ten Wishlist for NCAA Football '12

1. Expanding the rosters to 85 scholarships/soft cap for walk-ons -

This is for me and my other die-hard sim fans out there, but I like all 85 schollies on my favorite team, and I want to see the freshman we are redshirting this year in my dynasty as seniors five seasons from now. Also, walk-ons shouldn't count towards the limit, you can make the real limit 95 or something like that, not only does it give you greater diversifications in your programs (you can maybe have a setting that "encourages" walk-ons at certain schools, like Nebraska) but it would give you more create-a-player slots at the beginning of the season.

1a. This could lead to another recruiting category - "Walk-On Tradition" - there are always those players who don't sign with anyone until the last week of the post-season. Hypothetical - Nebraska and Tulsa are chasing a 3* prospect. Tulsa offers schollie. Nebraska has "Walk-On Tradition" of an A, and recruits harder than Tulsa, and the recruit is heavily swayed by Championship Contender and Program Prestige as well. That player should be able to choose Nebraska as a walk-on, and there should be risk-reward of "promising" a walk-on spot. Just like other promises in the game. I obviously don't have the details worked out, but it is a beginning.

2. College Football Live -

Greatest two hours on television needs to make an appearance to make this the greatest video game ever.

3. Coaching carousel -

Just throwing my vote in on this one. This is crucial to real football. How much less fun would this past offseason have been if we didn't have Lane Kiffin?

4. Spring Game -

As far as progression is concerned, I understand the week-to-week improvements, but in reality, most of the improvement of a football player takes place in the spring and summer. It's awfully hard to learn to be good when you're playing, plus a full load of classes, plus you're grinding through a season. Most real progression comes from the offseason, and we need to have some control of it, not to mention the awesomeness of watching our top two recruits bang heads.

5. Improvements Budgets -

More on the AD mode-track, but even if they don't add a full-fledged option like there was Owner mode in Madden, attendance and big game payouts should get you points which you can spend on improvements/better schedules/new weight room, etc. This way you can have a mid-major team create a powerhouse by either adding a great new weight room or by having an amazing stadium or playing a great set of teams.

6. Scheduling realities -

I put the cart before the horse by talking about improvements budgets before scheduling, but I'm ranking these in the order that I'd like to see them implemented. You should have to pay to get big-name teams to do a home-only engagement. You should have contracts that you can break/penalties for breaking them. NCAA Basketball had this pretty well actually, you can only schedule certain teams, but this needs to be fine-tuned before brought to football.

7. Signature Deliveries/Moves -

I know EA talks about the realism of the game, but the thing is, when we go to edit players, I can't edit a QB to have a Phillip Rivers motion vs. a Peyton Manning motion. They don't need to have the names of the players on them, they can be "Motion 1" "Motion 2" etc, but they do need to have different moves. It goes without saying that the game needs this for running backs, linebackers, as well, people just move differently and this should be captured.

8. Uniform Editor -

I posted a separate thread about this earlier, the idea being that there are so many uniforms that are people's favorites that EA couldn't possibly create enough to satisfy the diverse college football landscape. Instead of them shouldering the burden of adding uniforms and opening themselves up to griping about "BUT I WANT MY TEAM UNI's IN!" they can just add a teambuilder-style online editor and we can create and download classic or alternate uniforms and assign them to specific teams, and share them with each other.

9. Transfer recruiting -

Transfers are tough to work out in a game, but when a promise is broken or the computer decides to have a transfer leave a school, they are thrown into a separate pool where the original school can try to re-recruit them, but while they're doing that any other school can come up and recruit them as well. This way transfers don't seem so random, and it flows like the Jeremiah Masoli things that have happened recently. This would have to be offseason only, I know its not limited to that in real life, but this is still just a game. You'd have it as an offseason checklist item.

10. Differentiate between athletic and academic recruits -

Basically tweaking academic prestige - kids should have a "major" and your school should have "majors" that it is good at, and you receive a similar advantage to "pipeline" recruiting if you have that major. If a kid is interested in agricultural engineering, he should want to go to Illinois or TAMU. If he's just a communications guy, he can go anywhere. Something like that. Good schools have 3 majors that they can grab, decent schools have two, bad schools have just communications or undecided or something like that. The negative recruiting would be that the other school doesn't have that major that the recruit is interested in.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #34
R**k**

vinny_b's Arena

OVR: 4

old school ASTRO-TURF.

the lime green colored carpeting. Some small schools still have it.

furthermore in Teambuilder, many people like to re-create classic teams. However, without old school astro-turf, it is just not the same.

PLEASE include this option, in future editions of Teambuilder/NCAA !

thank you.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

this ^ is a good start
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
For me my top 10 wishlist would be all about the dynasty mode since it is all I buy the game for.

1) The coaching carousel has to be in 2012. Its a feature that has been missing for years and why a number of people still play Choops2k8. It would look like this. hen you begin your dynasty you have 2 options.
-Open Dynasty: You can pick any team and become that head coach or create your own coach to take over your school. You are able to edit not just your team but all teams in season but only bio info, position, height/weight, and appearance/equipment.
- Closed Dynasty: You create your coach and then you are offered jobs at low level schools like Army, ULL, ULM, W.Kent, etc. You can only edit your teams players.
Then after you decide how you want to play you then choose your coaching style that is already in the game. Then you choose your coordinators
After the season a section is added like where we see players leaving for the fun part. On this screen you see all the open jobs. When you scroll over each job you see the top 5 candidates for that job and what kind of contract they are offering. If your coach is the top candidate then you have the choice to take the job or not. After all the jobs are filled you can see a recap. As coaches at smaller schools move up coordinators and fired coaches fill the openings at smaller schools.
2) Add a section to edit coaches and save the file outside of dynasty mode.
3) Add a rating system to coaches that will effect how well the coach recruits and the progression of the players.
4) Increase roster size to 85 players.
5) Improve on recruiting logic. I have only finished 1 season in NCAA11 but Georgia Tech signed 2 pocket passing QB's.
6) Gives us true progression. We need a in-season training feature added. We should be able to assign weekly training time that includes film study, drills, and workout time. A player will progress based on off field work, playing time, and coaches. Also include real life weight gain. An example would be a 6'4" 200lb 5* LB would be placed on a weigh program and add 30-45lbs in real life but in the game he would gain 10lbs max.
7) Add what positions a recruit played in high school. Since most kids play several positions in real life. Also here you could add to the athlete type recruits where one school could recruit the players as one thing and another school recruit the player as another position. Example a 6'0" ATH that played QB, HB, & CB in high school. School A recruits the player as a CB. School B recruits the player as a QB. He reveals that he has always wanted to play QB so he signs with School B.
8) Position change logic. If a school runs a 3-4 then moving smaller DE's move to OLB and smaller DT's to DE should not take a huge hit. Since 3-4, which a ton of schools run now, is basically 3 DT's, 2 DE's, & 2 LB's.
9) Add a spring game.
10) Just give me #1 and I will be happy.
this would be a good start although 85 man rosters would be top 3

1. Give us progression based off of what we do with our players (ie pre season, in season, post season performances involving "high upside/low upside", if you were to add a training system implement restrictions "90+ rated players don't qualify allowing for people to emphasis depth

2. School editor (not teambuilder actually on the game like a player editor but for schools) that way when/if super conferences come there won't have to be WAC, BIG12, BIG EAST and so on. This could obviously effect conference expansion but we could also, edit uniforms, change team prestige (correct academic prestige etc) and simply correct issues simply put GIVE US OPTIONS!

3. 85 MAN ROSTERS I don't understand why some people are okay with it being limited to 70 but I for one NEED those extra 15 scholarship slots. I play with TAMU exclusively and pay for several sites so I can be up to the minute on any news pertaining to RECRUITING (by several schools) and/or TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL. So when we have the depth on the sites and I can't edit to add 15 bodies it really bums me out. IMO there is no reason for me to have 25 scholarships if I only have 9 slots available on my team. I a.not saying that you shouldn't include walk-ons and such but if you could give us a few slots for walk-ons who contribute that would be cool but by NO MEANS should we be limited to 70 ITS A DYNASTY KILLER FOR ME playing as an average/above average school.

4. National Signing Day as for mentioned me playing as TAMU many Oklahoma fans were presented with a Corey Nelson gift, to the chagrin of Aggie fans world wide when he decommitted and signed with Oklahoma (I was celebrating when originally the screen read signed with TAMU obviously it was a mistake then the next screen had the correction and I had to sit down. Anyway this game in no way shape or fashion is currently giving us those FEW LAST MINUTE SURPRISES necessary to replicate NSD as we know it. When a player hard commits as Mr. Nelson diid, when he said A&M was his destiny and decided to go elsewhere that means in the 8 months or so that he was committed schools were still recruiting him (as is the case in many situation with recruits. You all could possibly reword hard commit/soft commit to solid verbal/soft verbal and make it to where solid verbals can become soft verbals (if you put in the work) and of course some solid verbals are completely solid.

5. HUMAN VS HUMAN SLIDERS FOR ONLINE DYNASTY again maybe here I am the minority but the only reason why I have bought the game since OD became available is so I can compete online in recruiting and on the field against my brother(Bama), neighbor(Texas) and co-worker(Michigan) as well as 8 others but the gameplay at default seems a little to powerful at time and a little to weak others. I have been spending countless time trying to find a balanced slider set that is competitive in (hum vs hum 1st and hum vs cpu 2nd) only to find out that these only work offline. Major major blow!!!

6. Player Attributes (not ratings) I understand that you cannot make Von Miller look exactly how he does in real life but with options we can LONG HAIR/SHORT HAIR, EQUIPMENT, SKIN TONES, BODY TYPES, TENDENCIES, PERSONALITY. In regards to how you can complete this, no disrespect intended but your rosters are pretty generic anyway so you all can do what you have time to and give us options to change/correct the things we feel are lacking.

7. Improved Special Teams something like better frequecy of punt blocks (not only when backed up in endzone) as I have never seen it done. Blocking on returns punts/kickoffs and more

8. Sixth Year Seniors ie Medical RS self explanatory IT HAPPENS

9. Recruiting IMO every year next gen recruits do not emulate what are on rosters now a days the fastest FS running a 4.7 40yd dash or benching 500lbs (the second is an exaggeration but you get my point). Please take a look at Phil Steele, Rivals.com, Scout.com and see what the average there 3 star 4 star and 5 star recruits look like during combines and camps. There should always be exceptions to the rule but majority of recruits should seem somewhat similar to what you see on these sites and that magazine. As a young man 5+ years removed from high school it boils my blood to see 5* LB measure 5'9" 240 littering the database again this should be consider as exceptions not the rule (unless you plan on adding DII schools to recruit them because people in our dynasty don't even recruit these cats) being that I was 5'10" 240 with a pretty solid highlight tape but NO big time schools sent me mail. On the reverse side I see about 15% of secondary players are 6'5" looks like you all reduced it some but IMO that is still to high (just looked at the last 5 years of secondary players and each year 1 out of 6 secondary recruits over 6'5" signed loi 11 out of 900 secondary recruits were 6'4" or taller). I read somewhere maybe here naming recruits as multiple positions maybe that would help or put them with the ATHs

10. Coaching Carousel if you can do it correctly

Thank you for listening and sorry so long
Old 08-06-2010, 05:24 AM   #37
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

How about the simple ability to create an athlete?
Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by allhailben7
How about the simple ability to create an athlete?
this i was so disappointed this hasn't been added yet
Old 08-11-2010, 03:31 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't have as much gameplay suggestions, but more presentation. Here's my TOP 10 WISHLIST FOR NCAA 12(in no particular order):
1. Change the commentators. Get some people who are willing to spend a long time going through all the things you could say. Herbstreit is getting old and they are very boring in the booth. This is a general complaint of all EA Sports games is the lack of focus on the commentary. It's a part of every game so it is important. Change would be refreshing.
2. Either go back to the old rating system with more 99s and higher incoming freshmen ratings, or make training more effective, where guys can get +7, +8, +9 in an offseason. Personally I liked the old rating system. EA ruined the March Madness series when they lowered the ratings so the best player is a 94. No one likes playing with average players, and because there is no way (besides buying the max training which is so gay) to make your training better, the players just get worse and worse the farther you go into a dynasty.
3. Update RTG. They touched everything except RTG this year. I was kind of disappointed. As a person who isn't really into the online dynasty thing, the changes this year to the presentation of the game modes were relatively minor. There are a few things they could do to RTG. First, add a real recruiting process. Have the first part be play your high school game or whatever and then you get recruited, not just: "These schools were in attendance." Also, you shouldn't have to back out of RTG to see the rosters of your prospective schools. You should have a TOP 3 LIST and then you should see those schools everything (roster, play style, etc.). Better yet, they should make it like the dynasty recruiting where you have priorities (that you get to decide) then you get to see how your priorities match up with schools and then maybe a visit. That would be really cool. As far as once you get to school, they should some other from of training other than practice. I liked those drills they had a few years ago. Practice gets old really fast. And then the menu screen and the erin andrews thing need to be changed, they are the same from 10. There are lots of places to go with RTG, but these are just a few suggestions.
4. Bring back USER stats. Where did they go? Why are they gone? I want to know my record overall, how many points I score per game. All that good stuff. I sometimes thought that Shrine thing was sort of odd, but now that it's gone, I miss it.
5. Improve TEAMBUILDER. It is awesome as it is, but it could be better. The stadium and field creators are weak. If I select Minnesota's stadium as my school's I don't want Minnesota's logos all over the stadium. You should be able to choose from existing stadiums only as models, not as exact replicas. Also, there should be more generic choices. As far as the field goes. Madden has more options in the game. I should be able to pick the endzone characters or symbols(they need these), the lights, the pattern of the sideline pads, and be able to use the NCAA logo. Also, there should be some generic mascots because its kind of dumb to take an existing mascot, I mean what if you played them, that would be really stupid.
6. Scheduling in Dynasty mode. Right now, scheduling is unrealistic. In the real NCAA they schedule games years in advance. I'm not for that, I'd rather be able to know a little bit about the teams I'm scheduling. In the custom scheduling part you can press "more info" on any team, but it just shows you their all-time records and such. They should show their ratings or at least how good they were last year and the players they lose and return. I don't want to schedule #3 Michigan for Week 8 and then it turns out they are a B overall and they are unranked by the time you play. So instead of an intense, possibly great recruiting week/ poll booster, it backfires on you. That always bothers me is blindly scheduling. If it was because you were scheduling a few years in advance then blind scheduling would make more sense, but the custom schedule is designed so I can play who I want to my advantage to win a national championship.
7. Make recruiting more efficient. First of all, in the pre-season recruiting, they need to show the ranking and points behind/ahead. In order to do that you have to press "more info" on every recruit, which is really tedious. Then, the quick call process is well overdue for a more efficient method. If you only have 9 recruits left on your board, you should be able to auto-give one hour to each recruit. Auto-hours would be a nice feature to speed up recruiting. If your doing a dynasty with another person, this is a really nice feature because you can't call everyone every week, it takes too long. I should be able to give 40 minutes to all my 4 stars and then 60 minutes to my 5 stars for example.
8. Dynasty history. When you get really deep into a dynasty, like 10-15 years, it would be nice to look back at the past. Their is a coach history section but there are no details. There should be a section for history where you can look at all the previous years. Maybe not everything, but at least the bowl winners, your schedule, your team's stats, all-americans, and award winners. Me and my buddies always say, 'hey I've had three maxwell winners' and then check and see who they were and how those teams did.
9. Sideline people. They could show a little more effort on the players on the sidelines. First, the created teams jerseys aren't even the same color on the sideline. For example I have a team with red jerseys, but my players on the sidelines have pink jerseys. Their graphics are just so bad and they look so unrealistic. I mean c'mon EA, show a little attention to detail. The players on the field look so good and then you look off and its like your back in 1999. Other games have accomplished good off field graphics/actions i.e. MLB 10: The Show.
10. Instant replays. What the heck did they do to instant replay? On some plays you can't even watch the entire play. If a run is too long, when you go to instant replay the beginning is half way through the play. Why would I want to watch half a replay? Why? It's the dumbest thing in the game. It makes no sense. Along with instant replays, why can't you watch an instant replay before you challenge a play? Its not like coaches blindly challenge in real life, somebody in the box has seen the replay and says review it. You should be able to challenge after you see a replay.

That's my list. The gameplay has gotten so good that I have little complaints. It's the other aspects of the game that could improve and be at the same level as the gameplay. Do you have similar suggestions?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #40
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

Please NCAA 12 can be awesome (as NCAA 11 is) so please add:

1) add spring game - with practice uniforms and baggy shorts will add deep to the whole experience
2) add dread to players hair styles ^_^
3) QB signature animation ala Madden; this also add deep to the game
4) Sportcenter - weekly/night show

Thanks!
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 08-13-2010 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »