Home

Recruiting: Scholly offer options

This is a discussion on Recruiting: Scholly offer options within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruiting: Scholly offer options

I would like to see the abiltiy to give a recruit a committable offer or a conditional offer. If the offer is committable then the recruit can commit at anytime. However, if the offer is conditional, whenever the recruit is ready to commit it will prompt you to accept it or not. Maybe give you three options, Accept, Decline or Delay. Accept will of course accept, decline will decline it and maybe hurt your standing with the recruit but not neccessarly turn the recruit off to your program, and Delay can be an opton to have the recruit delay his decision until a later date. This is an alterantive to the Decline option that won't hurt your standing as bad with the recruit. Then when the date comes for the recruit to commit, you must either Accept or Decline. the Delay can only be used once per recruit.

Last edited by pjh12; 07-15-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Recruiting: Scholly offer options

Also should be able to recruit a player for a different position. (EX. if the player is a QB/WR/etc, you can recruit him as a RB or CB or some other position. Or if the player is a DE, maybe recruit him as a LB or something. Just something to change the interest in recruits for your school.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Rookie

I thank that is a practice that is frowned upon by the NCAA shotgun offering recruits and than picking and choosing which ones can commit to your school or not.

Recruiting players at different position would be cool, but I think EA needs to take into account most if not all players play 2 ways in high school so there rating should reflect. EX. most CB play either RB or WR so there offense rating shouldn't be in the 30's or 40's maybe around the 50's or 60's.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetrius_dew
I thank that is a practice that is frowned upon by the NCAA shotgun offering recruits and than picking and choosing which ones can commit to your school or not.

Recruiting players at different position would be cool, but I think EA needs to take into account most if not all players play 2 ways in high school so there rating should reflect. EX. most CB play either RB or WR so there offense rating shouldn't be in the 30's or 40's maybe around the 50's or 60's.
I agree that it is frowned upon by the NCAA but that really doesn't matter. It is how things are done and how the recruiting process works and it's not illegal. Plus, I think it would be a good thing. If you need a certain position, you can offer several players, as it is done in real life, but if a lower ranked player wants to commit, you can have him hold off or decline, if you are waiting on a higher ranked prospect. That is legal and how it is done now. However, this is just my opinion on what I would like to see happen. Not a flame at you!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »