illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: New RTG Idea.

^^^Agreed
Old 01-08-2011, 01:36 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

Here is how I see how the RTG mode just needs to be a separate deal to the games like a new disk .I'm with you guys on all the drills and more practice options like improving your strength like weight lifting and speed drills .Also I really think this part of football needs to be either a complete new game on a disk with madden and NCAA or re amp it .This mode could be so much better and more fun.It needs to allow full position drills for a full practice every day.It also needs to allow time for weight drills and running drills etc,just like a real practice.I would also like to see for QB be able to see just above his helmet have a QB vision cone so it looks like you are looking down field or to each different WRas your check downs etc.Again this game mode could be so much more but EA fails.Either take the game mode out or make it better.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:30 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I mostly play "Be a Pro" type games since they started doing them.
But I don't understand why a lot of people keep asking for a separate disks for Madden or NCAA "SS and RTG"
1. It will never happen.
2. It would cost more money and resources to develop. It would cost alot to get both.
3. There is no need to do separate disks.
There are a lot of sports games that have "Career or Be a Pro" modes that are good and with depth. NBA 2K10-11, MLB 2K10(11 when it comes out), Fifa 10-11, Fight Night, MLB The Show 08-10, even NBA 06-09 and NBA Elite looked playable. I dont even like basball, but I bought both last year. I plan on buying MLB the Show 11 this year because they basically overhauled RTTS. It will better than ever. Granted that "The Show" has way more disc space. Heck even the PS2 Madden and NCAA was better than current generation.
"Sports titles are packed with different game modes, but given their short development cycles, sometimes it takes developers years before they make major changes to the structure of a particular mode." Madden and NCAA "Be a Pro" problems were that they never was not a high priority. So it would get put on the backburner and since the current gen it was streamlined. So they tweak it one year then dont touch it in years.
That being said, I have a good feeling that both Madden and NCAA "Be a Pro" will be overhauled. But remember it is a video game.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #20
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan4life85
Here is how I see how the RTG mode just needs to be a separate deal to the games like a new disk .I'm with you guys on all the drills and more practice options like improving your strength like weight lifting and speed drills .Also I really think this part of football needs to be either a complete new game on a disk with madden and NCAA or re amp it .This mode could be so much better and more fun.It needs to allow full position drills for a full practice every day.It also needs to allow time for weight drills and running drills etc,just like a real practice.I would also like to see for QB be able to see just above his helmet have a QB vision cone so it looks like you are looking down field or to each different WRas your check downs etc.Again this game mode could be so much more but EA fails.Either take the game mode out or make it better.
No competition, so they will never make it better. They'll do enough just so its playable.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
No competition, so they will never make it better. They'll do enough just so its playable.
I agree.
It has only been tweaked once since the first year on current gen. The percentage of people playing RTG mode is better than Madden's SS mode. But, it will never be a high priority.
It does not have as much depth as PS2. Besides Graphics and working for ST job, PS2 is way better.
I have good feeling that it will be improved. Not overhauled, but more than tweaked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #22
Rookie

AuburnChick's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215

Oh yee of little faith..
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnChick
Oh yee of little faith..
I think it will get better. It usually takes multi-years to improve modes. They fixed NCAA 10 and skipped it 11. So I expect to see improvements.
You dont want to be like NBA Elite and rush things in or add unwanted things and it is either half done or disliked. You have to be patient improve it 100% rather than 50%. and maybe tweak until it is fully ready to be put in the game.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #24
Rookie

AuburnChick's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think it will get better. It usually takes multi-years to improve modes. They fixed NCAA 10 and skipped it 11. So I expect to see improvements.
You dont want to be like NBA Elite and rush things in or add unwanted things and it is either half done or disliked. You have to be patient improve it 100% rather than 50%. and maybe tweak until it is fully ready to be put in the game.
Could not agree more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »