Home

Rather than a Senior Bowl...

This is a discussion on Rather than a Senior Bowl... within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Rather than a Senior Bowl...

I had this crazy idea... Instead of having a senior bowl at the end of the year (on the game), how about if they had the First Team All-Americans play against the Second Team All-Americans? It sounds like a cool idea to me, post your thoughts.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Rather than a Senior Bowl...

That'll be ok, but what about backups? But I really like the idea of the Senior Bowl. Better yet, I'd also like it if they had the Army All-American game or something like it where you can play with some of the best high school players in the country.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
That'll be ok, but what about backups? But I really like the idea of the Senior Bowl. Better yet, I'd also like it if they had the Army All-American game or something like it where you can play with some of the best high school players in the country.
A high school All-American game would make more sense then a Senior Bowl. The Senior Bowl is about the NFL and has nothing to do with college players. All the players that play in the Senior Bowl have used up all their eligibility. Now a game where you could play with some of the top high school players in the game has everything to do with college football. I would be fine if they called it the EA All-American Game as long as it gets added.
Not to sound mean to the OP but a feature where the 1st team AA's play the 2nd team AA's is pointless. When a player is selected to those list it is more for show then any thing. It gives the people that cover college football something to talk about before and after the season is over. Just a way to honor the players that had a good year. Not worthy of a game.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Well I was just thinking about it. I'm still playing NCAA 06, and they had 2 players at each position on the AA teams (aside from kicker/punter) so I figure that's how back-ups would work.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
Well I was just thinking about it. I'm still playing NCAA 06, and they had 2 players at each position on the AA teams (aside from kicker/punter) so I figure that's how back-ups would work.
I remember it from 06. I like the idea of adding an all-American type game but since this is a college game it needs to be for incoming recruits. A senior bowl should be added to Madden in the future. The ______(name here) All-American bowl, for top high school players, could include features like a player making his college choice during the game. Maybe have some cut screans or during change of position. The game could be a real nice feature to the dynasty mode. I know the idea has been asked for the past few years in wish list threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the Senior Bowl should replace the Pro Bowl as the main attraction the week before the SuperBowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »