Home

New QB Ratings - Velocity and Release

This is a discussion on New QB Ratings - Velocity and Release within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6
New QB Ratings - Velocity and Release

This is something that has always been a problem for football games. You hold x to throw a bullet or tap it to throw a lob. And no what ratings your QBs have they throw the same lobs and bullets. There needs to be a velocity rating, where if your QB has a high rating his bullets will be fast and on a rope. EX Jay Cutler.

Release. Every QB has the same windup and release right now. If your QB has a 99 release rating, he'll be a Dan Marino. If he a low one, Tim Tebow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New QB Ratings - Velocity and Release

Huge fan of this idea. Anyway to differentiate QB styles and abilities is a plus IMO.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12

i like the ideas, they might as well take the motions from madden and just label them generic 1, 2,3 etc. But it doesnt matter how they throw if they cant stop the linebackers from jumping 100 ft in the air to knock the ball down. They need to totally fix the height and velocity of the ball out of the qbs hand.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree that there needs to be different throwing motions and release points. As far as ratings, it kills me that QB's have only 2 ratings (THP & THA) and every other position has way more then that. Some ratings I would add:

1) THA Short, Medium, and Long: effects how on target a QB is on these throws. Short= 0-10yds, Medium= 11-25yds, Long= 25yds+
2) Throw on the run: how well and accurate a QB is when throwing while on the run
3) Arm strength: effects how far and hard a QB throws
4) Touch: this effects how well a QB can take some off to fit balls over the D.
5) Redone AWR: the AWR rating should effect the QB's ability to feel the pass rush and step-up in the pocket or tuck and run. It should also effect reads. A QB with a low AWR should not be able to find open guys when feeling pressure. They should not turn and throw a perfect pass as the D is about to lay him out like he saw it all along when they never look to the side of the field. We all know what I mean here when you are about to get the sack and the cpu unleashes a rope to a guy on the opposite side of the field then they are looking.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

I like those a lot jbrew.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

1. They definitely need some generic throwing motions that we can assign to the QBs in the game. Quickness of release should be tied to the throwing motion we select rather than being an actual rating.

2. I want all of the Madden ratings like above: Short, Medium, Deep, Throw on the Run.

3. Instead of play action, I'd like to see a "Ball Handling" rating which would not only include play actions, but also Zone Reads. Players with a higher rating will force more confusion for the defense on the hand off or QB keep.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

I am loving this idea! Maybe we should just make a thread of new ratings
Old 01-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiiLe HigH
I am loving this idea! Maybe we should just make a thread of new ratings
I could do a complete ratings change for each position but don't want to steal a thread. I also don't like creating threads. So if someone started one I would put in my $0.02 worth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »