Home

ODogg's Top 10 ways to improve how the game handles rosters

This is a discussion on ODogg's Top 10 ways to improve how the game handles rosters within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #9
Rookie

PDDollars's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: ODogg's Top 10 ways to improve how the game handles rosters

Not sure if they could do this, but have a feature like NBA 2k with 2k Share for rosters, sliders, etc. That would make it a lot easier to find, rate and share files.

Also, I know it's been said many times but expanded rosters would improve it also!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

- Edit height/weights of players in dynasty
- Several hair options and not connected to face type/weight
- Mass rating editor (ie change jump rating for ALL MLBs in the game)
- Make the OVERALL rating visible at all times when editing a players rating. Drives me nuts when you start scrolling down the ratings and you can no longer see what changes you are making are effecting the overall without scrolling back to the top

Maybe went a little off topic, but the thread got me thinking.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #11
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Amen to all of these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Didn't they have the ability to adjust impact players in previous version of the game? Like you were able to pick your impact players at the beginning of each dynasty year.

Wonder why they took that out.
I believe that was in NCAA 07 last gen (still one of my favorite NCAA versions). It also had spring practice drills that allowed you the opportunity to make certain players improve more.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #13
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
- Edit height/weights of players in dynasty
- Several hair options and not connected to face type/weight
- Mass rating editor (ie change jump rating for ALL MLBs in the game)
- Make the OVERALL rating visible at all times when editing a players rating. Drives me nuts when you start scrolling down the ratings and you can no longer see what changes you are making are effecting the overall without scrolling back to the top

Maybe went a little off topic, but the thread got me thinking.
I agree 100% with all of these.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32
I really like the idea to allow us to manually change impact players
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree with all these ideas. I don't know if this is a roster issue but for the love of all that is good the depth chart needs to be fixed. Why is a TE listed as the 4th on the WR depth when he is not a even a pass catcher? Why are the top OL back-ups the same player. Taking the top rated players regardless of position is the wrong approach. I know some school use the same back-up at different positions but for the sake of the game make take the players at the position before using the best at another. I don't know how many years people have to point out that the value placed on overall ratings in this series needs to be changed. I spent 2 hours editing depth charts yesterday where I found TE's as the top back-up on the OL, MLB's listed as 3rd on the DT depth, SS as the nickel corner and kickers at both kicker and punter. I hope this gets fixed because I don't remember it being an issue until NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I agree with all these ideas. I don't know if this is a roster issue but for the love of all that is good the depth chart needs to be fixed. Why is a TE listed as the 4th on the WR depth when he is not a even a pass catcher? Why are the top OL back-ups the same player. Taking the top rated players regardless of position is the wrong approach. I know some school use the same back-up at different positions but for the sake of the game make take the players at the position before using the best at another. I don't know how many years people have to point out that the value placed on overall ratings in this series needs to be changed. I spent 2 hours editing depth charts yesterday where I found TE's as the top back-up on the OL, MLB's listed as 3rd on the DT depth, SS as the nickel corner and kickers at both kicker and punter. I hope this gets fixed because I don't remember it being an issue until NCAA 11.
Very well said, couldn't agree more..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »