Home
View Poll Results: How many would be in favor of this feature? How many wouldn't be?
IN FAVOR 84 89.36%
NOT IN FAVOR 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #49
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: AD Mode in '13

McKinley Cash sent me the link to this topic from another one that I had started. This one seems to be much more lively so I'll post my thoughts here -

My "Be an Athletic Director" mode:

You get to pick a school (perhaps even do it like coaching carousel, where you can start at your favorite school or try to work your way up from a one-star program) and you're in charge of all of the big things for the program - The stadium maintenance/upgrading/improvement, negotiating OOC games with other big programs (I'll expand on this below), raising funds to maintain your number of scholarships or upgrade equipment or practice facilities, hire better/the best coaches, etc, etc.

This mode would give you control over more of the "My School" grades that effect recruiting. As an AD it would be your job to maintain or improve all of those grades, from the ones that make immediate sense for football (Facilities, Conference Prestige, Coach Experience, Program Stability, etc) to the ones that you'd need to do some RPG type activities to improve (Campus Lifestyle - schedule pep rallies? make players do community service?; Academic Prestige - make enough money to give surplus funds to another department?; etc).

There are so many possibilities here... think about scheduling games as it is in NCAA '14. This one is just a lifeless feature when in real life this is a major part of an AD's job. You can't be a 1-star program and just schedule the #1 team in the country to play at YOUR field. You probably wouldn't even get them to give you a 2-1 or 3-1 deal. They'd probably insist that you play at a neutral site close to their campus and try to call that the home game in a 2-1 or 3-1 deal. Most 1-star schools take big payments to go get creamed at big program home openers.

How about conference realignment and the politics involved there? You're part of the MAC and there are rumors that a couple of teams are leaving for the American Athletic Conference... if they do, some bowl tie-ins might go away, your conference prestige could go down, you might have players leave or recruits not consider going to your school. What do you do? Do you try to jump ship first? Do you try to convince those schools to stay? What have you done to make your program more attractive to an AQ conference?

What about the other side of Coaching Carousel? Your 1-star program just won its first Conference Championship... you're getting accolades, pats on the back, more boosters are donating... and then BAM! Not only are your top players declaring for the NFL, your coach is now considering offers from bigger programs. What do you do? Do you have enough money to keep him? Have you made improvements to your facilities to make his life easier? No? He's gone. Good luck finding the next new coach.

Which brings me to upgrading/expanding facilities/stadiums. There's already features in the game for building stadiums... why not put a dollar sign on each one of those improvements and make it a feature in dynasty mode? This is a huge part of the college game and conference politics. When I was a freshman (way back in 1998) at Tech, Lane Stadium was a shadow of what it is today. They've completely redone the place - built a whole new press box with expanded suites, built a whole new section (check NCAA 2003 to see Lane Stadium without the South Endzone Expansion), new scoreboards, etc. This could be a great feature to add into the game if you're trying to take your 1-star program to a better conference. The B1G isn't going to invite a program with a stadium that seats less than 40,000... it's never going to happen. Moving a team there in the current Conference Editor, even if you've improved the "program prestige" to a 4/5/6 star level, is completely unrealistic if the rest of the program hasn't improved as well. It's not all on-the-field success that determines these things.

Would be freaken sweet if they did even half of this.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #50
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

Another poster (Pr3ston) added his comments in the other thread -

Jersey Contracts/Design...
You could even go as far as jerseys too. Oh our 1* teams Russell contract ends this year? At the end of the year Nike/Adidas/UA/Russell shows you jersey concepts and contract length/$. You decide to sign with one and make tweaks to the concept through a teambuilder like website. Sign with a company.

Stadium Expansion or Rebuild...
Ad point system. North east south west side upgrades and corners, stages 1-5 costs X amount of points and wins/conference championships/bowl appearances/bowl wins are all worth certain points. Spend them on individual things or for a lump sum of points, redo your whole stadium. Thus scheduling kicks in for home vs away and construction.

Conference Shuffle...
Start winning, get noticed by bigger conferences. Have to meet certain criteria to even get looked at. You could go into so much depth there even in off the field things.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #51
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
Maybe something like this:

Points earned for games:
0 points: Loss vs non-ranked opponent
1 Point: Loss vs Top 16-25
2 Points: Loss vs Top 11-15
3 points: Loss vs Top 6-10
4 points: Loss vs Top 5
5 points: Win vs non-ranked
6 points: Win vs Top 16-25
7 points: Win vs Top 11-15
8 Points: Win vs Top 6-10
9 Points: Win vs Top 2-5
10 Points: Win vs #1

Points earned for conference championship and bowl games
10 points: CCG victory or conference win; Non-BCS Bowl victory
15 points: BCS Bowl game berth
20 points: BCS bowl victory (plus points from ranking and rival (if applicable))
25 points: NCG berth
50 points: National Championship Game victory

Rivalry Games
10 point bonus for Rivalry Game victory
-10 points for Rivalry Game loss
30 points: Winning record in Rivalry Games during season
40 points: Rival Domination - Beat a rival in consecutive seasons (+10 points for each season it continues)

The points build up, for example:

BCS NCG Game: #1 Ohio State vs #2 Oregon. Ohio States wins.

Ohio State
50 (NCG victory)
25 (NCG berth)
20 (BCS game victory)
15 (BCS game berth)
9 (Win vs Top 2-5)
-------------------------
119 total points

Oregon
25 (NCG berth)
15 (BCS game berth)
4 (Loss vs Top 5)
-------------------------
44 total points

Points earned for recruiting accomplishments
30 points: Top recruiting class
25 points: Top 2-5 recruiting class
20 points: Top 6-10 recruiting class
15 points: Top 11-15 recruiting class
10 points: Top 16-25 recruiting class

Points earned for single season and over the course of dynasty
Points for season record need to be relative to the team's previous season or two and the overall record. I'm not really sure how to do that, yet.

10 points: Each player graduated or leaving for draft with total rating of 95+ (increases Pro Potential as well)
20 points: Consecutive BCS berths (+10 for each year it continues)
50 points: Consecutive BCS wins (+10 for each year it continues)
100 points: Heisman winner
200 points: Winningest team over last 5 season; +200 for winningest over 10 seasons and so on
300 points: Back-to-back NCs; +100 for each consecutive NC
1000 points: Most National Championships in history
1000 points: Most wins in history

Of course, this isn't everything, but just some general ideas.

Stadium/Campus additions and upgrades should cost the most at the top. A successful team can rack up the points pretty quickly, but you also need to allow the OK programs to improve.

- I'd say between 50 and 10,000 points for stadium upgrades and additions, depending on what is to be done (anything from upgrading food and beverage quality, restrooms, seats, all the way up to super-luxurious suites and heated seats for the entire stadium).

- 200-10,000 points for campus additions and upgrades.

For football facility upgrades/additions (player dorms, work out facility, kitchen/chef, etc.), I'd say between 200-10,000 points.

Uniforms really aren't that big of a cost concern and can change annually if a player wants. I'd say 50 points for new uniforms.

It would probably take a good while to get a school like FIU top-of-the-line facilities, a massive stadium, a great campus, etc. The longer it takes to max out everything, the higher the replay ability of the game, IMO.
I don't even remember doing this, but damn what a great idea

In all seriousness, with next gen capabilities, whoever makes the next NCAA game really needs to do something like this. The game just feels like it's missing a huge piece.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »