Home

Things need to be changed.

This is a discussion on Things need to be changed. within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

Bear Ice's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon4 Things need to be changed.

There are a lot of things good with NCAA, i mean it's just as popular if not more so than NFL. However, there are a lot of faults. My family and i have been playing this franchise since 2001 and here are some things.

1. The Crowd. The crowd looks horrible. The players themselves look really good but the crowd looks like its been the same graphically for quite sometime. What happened to the custom signs? At least that looked somewhat good. The crowd people that held the signs look good. They all just look like a color blob with a head from distance now. Why does the crowd as quiet as church towards the end of the game?

2. Home Field Advantage. What ever happened to Home Field Advantage? It's pretty much gone. Don't you remember pressing the button to the point you got carpel tunnel just to vibrate the controller and shake the tv? With Stadiums such as Tennessee's or Flordia's you'd think the crowd would be a lot louder than they are. In real life the stadium, gets so loud that it appears to shake and its happens every Saturday. Maybe you can put the home field advantage bar in a corner and make it smaller. The top corners are not used at all. Pumping up the crowd does NOTHING. They do not even get louder. Especially, the more you progress into a game. Has any at EA ever been to a college football game? Take a trip to a Univ of Tenn home game and you'll see what its like in real life. Why dont the AI players also try to pump up crowd. When is 100,000+ person crowd every quiet? Never, but on the game they are. Makes no sense to me either.

3. Ref's Im white so don't pull the race card. Why is the head ref always white? Weird huh?

4.Sidelines The sidelines look like a ghost town. No one moves but maybe two or three people and they all do the same thing. The crews do not really move at all. Why is their a camera crew at the endzones that stare directly across the endzone? They dont move.

5.Sportsmanship? Why do we lose points for obliterating a team? The whole point in sports is to win. Yes we all care about each other but really. If your even a little ahead you lose points for pretty much every forward advance. That doesn't happen in real life. You don't watch the Flordia Gaters stomping some lower team and see them get in trouble for whipping a**.

6.Dreds The Dreds are atrocious. Enough said.

7.Endzone Why do people stand in front of the play clock in the endzones? Is that not illegal?

8. Start of Game traditions Why did they say they were going to be big on Team entrance traditions? Tennessee has one of the longest coming out of the famous "T". Only missing it twice since the 60's but yet it the video cuts before the band even does it. Miami is supposed to come out of a smoking helmet. Where is that? But they did make sure to put Wake Forest's mascot riding out on a motorcycle. Does Wake Forest even still have a football team?

9. UniformsWhy do the uniforms not get dirty? at all. the field appears to be filthy but however the laws of physics seem to not apply to these players white pants. Pants+mud= muddy pants. Well at least in real life. Theses players are saving loads on bleach but who cares about them. They should be getting dirty. Not even the jerseys get dirty. Do the get cleaned every play. I must be miss the washing machines, they are probably behind the kneeling and frozen sideline athletes and staff.

10. Weather How many times have we seen it rain Satan's B**** the entire game. Never. The weather never changes. Why doesnt it change. Weather changes for real. Why can it rain all game and the field have the appearance of a nice sunny day? Not even any rough parts of the field where constant play has taken place. Where are the magic fields being mail ordered from?

11.CelebrationsWhat happened to being able to celebrate the destruction of a quarter back in third and long, Or scoring a tocuhdown. Why does it auto go to a cut scene? I want to be able to celebrate a huge play when i do it. Not even the mascot does it. Dont u miss being able to celebrate with the fans or the mascot?

12. The commentary We have listened for the same like 100 lines for a decade now. Fine okay. Can we have a new voice or something? Im pretty sure those two same guys do not make it to EVERY SINGLE football game. What about Keith Jackson, Brent Musburger, Brad Nessler or other poeple? Any other voice please. It will take like 2 hours to have a new person say those lines.

13. Trophy case Whats the point in getting Trophy's if they look 2D. They used to look really nice. It used to mean something. Now all we have to look forward too is a picture. YAY!!

14.Lines crouched-Why is it when the line walks to their place they look like Gollum coming out of the play huddle? it looks ********.

If EA doesn't want to fix some things we should at least get some Beer commercials put in during the game so at least that's realistic. How cool would it be to have in game gamecenter highlights of other games going on during the game? In between plays is usually when that happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Rookie

TeeJay's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things need to be changed.

I totally agree with you on # 4, 5 and 6. I thought I was the only one that naticed the uniforms not getting dirty.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Bear Ice's Arena

OVR: 4

if you ppl agree post something on here
Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
I played NCAA 2006 and it made me realize how pathetic both the atmosphere of the game is (crowd, homefield advantage ect.) and I know you didn't list this one.... But PASSING TRAJECTORY. Not enough touch on the ball to get it over linebackers.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
I played NCAA 2006 and it made me realize how pathetic both the atmosphere of the game is (crowd, homefield advantage ect.) and I know you didn't list this one.... But PASSING TRAJECTORY. Not enough touch on the ball to get it over linebackers.
This. x10. I still see this happen. I probably wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't look so sporadic. I hate that. Even if I throw a bullet over the middle to a guy, say, 10 yards beyond the linebacker, he MIGHT be able to get to it IRL. The animation in the game is so canned and horrible it just doesn't look right. The ball will be right over the linebacker and right at the instance it passes, he jumps 30 inches in the air, despite all athletic ability, to bat it down with one hand. I hate seeing it.

On a similar note, this game desperately needs head tracking. I remember a play that I had just recently where I threw a ball to my man on the out route, because the corner playing zone took my man on the deep route. Naturally his head was facing the man streaking down field, so there was no way he could have known the ball was thrown to the man 5-8 yards in front of where he was. But somehow, as soon as I release the ball, the DB stops on a dime, turns around, and glides about 7 yards to where my receiver was to intercept it. To me, that's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not just raging about some interception I threw, I'd like to see it go both ways. If I throw that same ball to the receiver but he doesn't get his head turned around in time to track the ball's trajectory, based on his awareness and catch ratings, that should determine whether or not he snags the ball.

If you watch LSU's corners, this is what makes them so damn good. When they see the receiver turn for the ball, they turn their head with them, track the ball, and pick it. They track the ball for yards, not just one peak back as the ball is getting there. Not in most cases.

I remember "procedural awareness" being one of the "features" for NCAA in '10 I think, but the way it is right now, it's not working and I think it's something they should revisit.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »