Home

Top 10 "Easy" Additions to NCAA

This is a discussion on Top 10 "Easy" Additions to NCAA within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
Top 10 "Easy" Additions to NCAA

Let me start by saying I’m not a game developer – I don’t know technically what is easy and what is hard to program. However, I do have a strong background in I.T. and an understanding of computer programming. My passion for NCAA football began as soon as I bought NCAA 2002 on PS2. That being said, I have compiled a list of “easy-to-implement” items for the NCAA team.
My top 10 things that could have “easily” been put in the game. They may not be that easy, but compared to some of the amazing things they do, I would think these wouldn't be too bad.

#1 Neutral Site games- how hard is it to add another screen to pick the stadium?!? In play now it works, so just give us the option before every game. Can we pick game time kickoff too?

#2 White out/black out crowd games – these happen a lot in real life. The tech is obviously there, because some stadiums are full of team colors. Why not give us a color pallet on the stadium select screen to give us the option? If I want white, black, red, or purple, I should be able to pick it.

#3 Old kick meter from PS2 days – It’s sooo easy to make Field goals with the right stick. Bring back the timed kick meter. Lot more exciting and skilled to use. Plus, it takes kicker accuracy into account with how big the ‘sweet spot’ is

#4 Hair lengths – long hair and dreads are everywhere – why are they not in NCAA?

#5 Playlists for custom stadium sounds- this feature is awesome, but why can’t we use a playlist with multiple tracks in it? We can in NHL, why not here?

#6 Ability to “import” team builder teams into a single week of dynasty. Again, if we play an FCS team, why can’t we select a teambuilder team to swap them with? On the play now screen, we get to choose teams, how about just choosing a teambuilder team to swap them with just like road to glory?

#7 Ability to “import” a jersey/helmet design from teambuilder and put it in an alternate slot for your team. If I’m 10 years into a dynasty, I may be getting bored with my team’s uniforms. If I want to give my team a white helmet for a year, I should be able to do it. This may be the most challenging thing on my list to program

#8 Homecoming – again, nothing fancy here but being able to declare a game ‘homecoming’ is a college tradition. Doesn’t need to be anything special, but being able to call a game homecoming, then having the commentators say ‘it’s homecoming’ is a small but neat thing

#9 Senior day – this is a college football only thing – recognizing the seniors. At least show a list of seniors before kick of the last game. Commentators could say ‘and here are the seniors playing their last game’ Small but cool

#10 Conference standings/rankings in game – Is it too much to ask to show the conference standings in-game, during a loading screen or before the kick? That would be a nice touch

Last edited by huntt26; 05-30-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Top 10 "Easy" Additions to NCAA

I think these are my top ten "easy" fixes.

1) 85-man rosters
2) Recruiting classes based on scholarship spots, not a hard cap of 25 every year.
3) Accurate/expanded equipment
-Sock sliders
-More helmets/facemasks
-Arm pads/sleeves
-Adidas/UA gloves
-manufacturer brands on armbands/socks, etc.
-more cleat selection
-option for leggings under socks
4) Incoming recruits/current players have realistic equipment
5) Duplicate Numbers
6) White-out/Black out games
7) Improved coaching carousel logic
8) Larger field (current player-to-field proportions are messed up)
9) Team secondary colored cleats/sleeves/gloves/etc.
10) Improved Teambuilder/ability to import uniforms to teams in dynasty as alternate jerseys.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

MY Top 10 and you'll notice a pattern real quick everything else is just cosmetic stuff that can waite til these issues get fixed

1). CPU QB Option Logic.
2). CPU RB open field logic.
3). CPU RB juke move logic.
4). CPU OL Blocking Logic.
5). CPU WR behavior when going after the ball in the air.
6). CPU Punt/Ko Return Man awareness.
7). CPU Offensive/Defensive IMPACT Players sticking out
8). More Gameplay sliders
9). Add Player Tendency Sliders similiar to NBA 2K
10). Better OL vs DL and DB vs WR interaction on the field.

It's been 6 years and still these issues exist or never were incorporated into the game to begin with.......

I don't care about up to date uniforms, dreads, ball size, sock length's or helmets.

I can name several old sports games where OS memebers continue to play or have gone back to play all because of the actual GAMEPLAY 1st.

What good is the sexy uniform or helmet if the players can't even execute simple football plays 1st?

It's starting to be like NBA Live where everything looks good in pictures then when you fire up the game all hell brakes loose on the court.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
#8 Homecoming – again, nothing fancy here but being able to declare a game ‘homecoming’ is a college tradition. Doesn’t need to be anything special, but being able to call a game homecoming, then having the commentators say ‘it’s homecoming’ is a small but neat thing
Another thing for this. If a recruit visits on Homecoming, it should give a bonus that makes the recruits like the visit better than they would if it were a normal game.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Another thing for this. If a recruit visits on Homecoming, it should give a bonus that makes the recruits like the visit better than they would if it were a normal game.
I like that idea, good work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

how about fix teams like bama's and clemson's jersey's. lol doesn't sound to hard...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »