Home

Radical ideas for a radical overhaul for NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Radical ideas for a radical overhaul for NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Radical ideas for a radical overhaul for NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode

So after playing another game of NCAA 13 and having some thought here is a whish list I would like to see for the dynasty mode for NCAA 14. If these games are going to put somewhat of an emphasis of being a coach, then more is needed in this mode. Here are some of my thoughts and some of these I'm taking out the first NFL Head Coach play book, as well as other games I have played in the past.

1. The ability to hire and assemble your own staff, posistion coeachs and coordinators would be included in this proccess. After that is done then take the next step of testing your ability to hire a good staff by allowing your offensive and defensive cordinators to call plays for you. Of course you would still be in control of the team on the field. Another task this would accomplish would be it would vastly help someone like me who likes to fall in love doing too much of one thing and would greatly help me with my playcalling ability. Ofcourse if you are someone who just has to be able to call plays you could turn the feature off but maybe still get input from the coordinators as far as how they see things. Someone to put an idea you may not have in your head!
2. Player and coach interactions. One of the things that makes games like Head Coach and Football Manager (for those of you who may be a fan of that game) is the ability to interact with your players and coaches. Why not incorprate that in this game. Being able to talk startegy on the sideline with your players (like you could in head caoch games) or give locker room pep talks pregame, postgame, and at halftime would be so worth it. It could make a differnce at how your players react during the game. Imagine being able to settle a rattled quarterback down during a time out in the wanning minutes of a final drive down by a score and being able to coach him so that he comes back to win you the game! I know I would love that!
3. The ability to organize through out the week. I think a great way to get your self better is to once agian do what head coach and football manager do and that is allow you the ability to do different things during the week to prepare you for game day. It would be great to be able to spend some time game planning, scouting an opponet, and practicing, plus have time through out the week to do your recruiting. I know I would benefit on the game day more plus it would truely give you a chance to reap your rewards of hard work on game day all the while adding more strategy to the game.
Speaking of recruiting. Why not do what the real college's do and be able to recruit for years beyond not just the next season. It would be nice once you have some recruits locked up and get a leg up on the competition.
4. Lastly every coach has to have some kind of dealings with the media and this is where you could get really creative. How about a radio or a television show where you have multiple choice anwers to pick from when you are asked the questions and have multiple interaction types as well. So if you appear on First Take and Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith ask you a question you do not exactly love you can let them know in a way they will understand! Or if after the game some devious reporter were to question your judgement about running the ball up the middle on 4th and 1 and getting stuffed you can show that unfortuante soul what you think of that quesiton! Within reasons of course!

Lastly do something different with the coach a game mode. Ethier make an option to have a career out of it for those who would prefer trying thier hand at that instead of actually playing the game sometimes, or just want something different, or get rid of it all together. The mode stinks as it is. It's way to easy and I get bored with it. Maybe it's ment for two player purposes but it is just not what it should be.

All of these are just ideas that would make the game more enjoyable for me. But I really do not think that they are that far fetched ethier. After all as mentioned several times they have been done in head coach and football manager so I really think the dev team for NCAA should really consider them. All about creativity, but also makes it a real coach simulation and would make a nice addition to the game.

What do you guys think? Do you like my ideeas? Or do you think I am a dreamer and hate them? It's open game and I will not be offended if you do not like them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Radical ideas for a radical overhaul for NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode

Only think is I don't think thats appealing to the casual gamer. Seems like too much work from game to game.

No Way I would let CPU do play calling until the logic is improved, playing against the CPU exclusively I have seem some issues it has with that. I would never let CPU do that

I know I enjoy interactions like that, but I'm on a time budget with real life, so I like to blow through 2-4 games in a row, and that would seem like a chore to someone like me who don't really care about gameplanning.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Radical ideas for a radical overhaul for NCAA Football 14 Dynasty mode

I think coaches should have ratings that influence player development and how their player performs when simulating. Like, for instance, in the air raid offense you don't need a 90 overall QB to go for 5000 yards and 65% completions and 50 TDs. Every year Mike Leach put in a new QB at Tech, his offense never regressed much. Also, they need to change the tempo for simulating. Some teams like OKST run 80-85 plays while Bama runs closer to 70. Most teams only run 60-65 plays a game in a dynasty season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »